• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
And then there are foods that aren't directly taken off of a Pokémon, but rather produced by them, like honey from a Combee. These foods are supposedly incredibly delicious from what I've saw from the anime.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Would any of you ever… cook a Pokémon? o: Some people may consider it to be cruel, but personally, I wouldn't really have a problem with that. I eat animal meat all the time, so Pokémon meat should be no different. I love fish, so I would definitely have some fried Magikarp and Feebas ever once in a while. I'd eat Lumineon, too, probably. I would also try out Torchic, just to see how it tastes compared to a regular chicken.

Last edited:
Years
I can use this comic strip for once!
7f77bf116ojcw.png

Anyways, I wouldn't cook Pokemon unless it was the only source out there and there are no such things as real animals.

Wobbu

Years
Yes I would cook a Pokémon >:3

I'm sure it's proportional to us cooking animals irl, so I don't see why not. Pokétarians may not be into it, but I would be. If most Pokémon learn Toxic, though, would that make them poisonous to eat? Or would the poison die out during the cooking process? How can most of them even learn Toxic in the first place? By regurgitating stomach acid? What is this, I don't even...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You probably will never want to eat a Pokémon that's all cuddly. :P

*cuddles TurtwigZoruaAxewVictiniNoivern*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wouldn't want to eat a pokémon ;; If we are to believe the anime, pokémon are hellofalot more intelligent and compassionate than animals and it would be pretty weird to slice one up for food. I'm totally more okay with eating things produced by pokémon.

Regarding Toxic, I think that's a bit weird too. But I think it's probably toxins that can be produced at will rather than something making a pokémon toxic at all times if you were to, say, eat or touch it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I personally think that most of the people, myself included, think that Pokemon are not supposed to be eaten because we think of them as pets, not animals. If we were to, let's say, regard them as animals, I think we'd have a change in thought even at least in the slightest regard.

HUF_DBC

Places in real life that looks like it belongs in pokemon

Are there any landscapes or places on Earth that you think looks like it came right out of a pokemon episode or game? Ex: This looks like it could be Ecruteak with Mt. Silver in the back.
(I know that's what it's based off, it was just an example.) Some places in Switzerland look cool for landscapes also.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This totally feels like something that can be chit-chatted about in the stickied thread~

-merged

I think big cities look like the cities from the anime. With skyscrapers. Most cities don't look at all like that in the games though, the closest would be Castelia I guess.

There are also pictures of fields and things I've found and used in roleplays when I want to recreate the feeling of a simple route in a region. Can't think of a particularly known picture or place though.

HUF_DBC

I don't know where this is at, but it looks like a place in Hoenn where you would use dive. It looks like a spot on match if you ask me.

Years
That would be the Belizean Barrier Reef, just southeast of Mexico (don't ask me how I know this).

And my hometown of Vancouver looks like it came out of the anime because, well, it was actually the inspiration for LaRousse City in Hoenn. The pictures aren't the same perspective, but flip one 90° and they're almost the exact same.

Spoiler:

HUF_DBC

This thing (I have no idea what it is) looks like those things you walk down but can't walk back up (like a ledge [water ledge?]) in meteor falls in the Hoenn games R/S/E

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This thing (I have no idea what it is) looks like those things you walk down but can't walk back up (like a ledge [water ledge?]) in meteor falls in the Hoenn games R/S/E

Yeah, or Sootopolis City :) Though I don't remember if there were pools of water in that city. I think it was just a lake in the middle? Since the whole city was in a dead volcano.

... Now I need to play Emerald again, just to see the cool environments of Hoenn.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, or Sootopolis City :) Though I don't remember if there were pools of water in that city. I think it was just a lake in the middle? Since the whole city was in a dead volcano.

... Now I need to play Emerald again, just to see the cool environments of Hoenn.

Sadly, there were no pools of water, but there was a good scenery of mountain-ledges that elevated the houses far from the lake in the bottom-middle. The fact that the gym was in almost the middle of this was awesome.

Years
Found my old GameBoy Advance SP and now I can play Fire Red while waiting for X and Y...
I had forgotten how terrible it was to put down your Game Boy and have the game crash... And it was better that way >.>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I still need to finish White, Platinum, HG or SS and Emerald. I've only ever finished the gen I games, the gen II games and Ruby :p
^ is a sucky pokémon gamer

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've finished every single Pokémon game that I had ever gotten my hands on… well, maybe except Black 2. xD Pokémon Black 2 wasn't that great, honestly. I, personally, found it to be quite boring. It just felt like a rehash of its predecessor to me. There were a few changes here and there, especially in the storyline, but everything else seemed to have remained pretty much the same. I was hoping to find some new evolutions in Black 2, but unfortunately, there just weren't any. D: If there were though, then I definitely would've been a bigger fan of this game, that's for sure.

Wobbu

Years
I've finished all of my main games, it's the spin-offs that I can never complete... BW2 are my favorite Pokémon games. I view them as an upgrade of BW rather than a whole new game. The music from the new towns, cities, routes, and dungeons is what really got me hooked. Of all of the Pokémon media that exists, the music from the games and anime is probably my favorite.

Years
Any main series game that I've ever had the chance to play, I've beaten (not that you can technically beat a Pokemon game). I struggled through Platinum and White a bit, but I at least managed to get past the Elite Four twice, and never really touched either since.

The spinoff games are a different story though, as both the Mystery Dungeons that I've played I could never really get into, and ended up getting rid of both of them fairly early on. I do want to try either XD or Colosseum at some point in the future though, as from what I've heard they were both pretty good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back