• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chat while Shiny Hunting?

Arcan9

Beginner Shiny Hunter & Competitor
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
I figure I'm gonna hate attempting this, but I figured I'd give it a shot since I have Ultra Sun & Moon. I'm pretty much gonna attempt to ShinyLocke myself on Ultra Moon - and attempt to complete the alola pokedex. With only Shinies.

I hate myself.

Here are some rules I made up for myself -
  1. I will only allow myself 2 starting Pokemon from Pokemon Sun. The rest I much catch myself from Pokemon Ultra Moon - and they have to all be Shiny. (including my starter, Rowlett.)
  2. I have to catch every pokemon from each island before moving onto the next. The only exceptions are those who need to be leveled up. (ie, I can't catch Shiny Noivern b/c it levels up at level 48)
  3. I can't catch anything Non-Shiny. (apart from the Ultra Beasts and Tapu's I *need* to complete the Pokedex.)
  4. I can't breed for Shinies.
  5. Each shiny on my team has 3 lives. If they faint more than three times, I have to remove them from my team. Even if I have no other shiny to replace it.

yaaaaaay.

I thought I'd get bored quickly, and wanted to know if anyone wanted to tell me I was going to fail chat while I attempt this challenge? :)

my current team
shiny pikipek - [3/3]
shiny amaura - [3/3]

currently hunting
shiny rowlet​

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
That sounds like a challenge! Don't give up on that idea, but I bet you would get frustrated and may just fennekin it. I admire the dedication! {XD}{XD}

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
I've been soft resetting for an hour for this shiny. This is why I have both ultra games.
xD

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
Dude, I have to give you kudos. I am just now trying to fill my poke dex in Pokemon Moon. and I am at 91% there, I just really messed up on those darn fossil pokemon.

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
eyyyy all it is, is taking one step forward then mashing the a button until you get to see your rowlet, haha. It's obnoxious at worst, tbh.

Which fossil pokemon are you looking for?

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
just shieldon and its evolution but for some ungodly reason i cannot find surskit or masquerain but I am not gonna go down the whole list. of what I need.

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
Have you tried GTSing for the Sheildon?

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
Not yet, I am current trying to get solgaleo from gts

Last edited:

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
ohhhh. That's cool, too. You have (Ultra?) Moon, I'm guessing?

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
Sadly I have both, usually when there 'remakes' per say I like to get the other one than what I got the first time but it was sold out.

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
I know the pain. I ended up getting Ultra Sun from the nintendo store bc I couldn't find it anywhere.

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, that definitely sucks. If you're still looking for a Solgaleo tomorrow,
I could trade you mine? I don't really use legendaries, and I have other pokemon I'd rather have.

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
That sounds Awesome! would you like a cosmog? i can have it evolved into a lunala if need be

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
I have a Lunala, so I'll just take the Cosmog and evolve it into another Solgaleo >:3

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
ooo that works for me. It'll have to be around this time (or earlier) tomorrow, though. I'm still soft resetting for my rowlet.

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
awesome! yea that sounds good! Remember 1 in 4,000 >:D hey it could be worse try getting a shiny in gen 3

Arcan9

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
At this point, soft resetting is kinda therapeutic ^^:

i've seen one guy get it in just under 500 resets. I'm trying to think positive. xD

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
im not saying its impossible. xD but that is a higher chance than any of the previous games.

Back