• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Cure

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Pokemon: The Cure

Made with: RPG Maker XP

Introduction:
Hi there, my name is Doriam Manuel. I'm 18, and will be graduating high school soon. I am normally a fakemon spriter, I prefer to work with MS Paint and programs that are simple and to the point. I've used RMXP for a while now, though I took a long break at the beginning of this school year so I could focus on my senior year; as it draws to a close I've started to have more time for this project. That said, I suppose I'll go through and introduce the project itself. I apologize ahead of time for the lack of images, i'm currently working on the story and fakemon before I go into mapping and characters.

Concept
I'm hoping to construct a game in a way that makes it more real-time, in a sense, to the player. I plan on implementing a basic one-on-one battle system (possibly introducing higher number battles later) where stats, such as speed, play a more important roll. I want to combine the concepts of pokemon with the style of a typical RPG in which your character/pokemon use time-based turns instead of turn-by-turn mechanics. In theory, this means your pokemon will also be able to hold more than 4 moves at a time, allowing for greater strategy on the part of the player.

Welcome to Otlair (Story)
Welcome to Otlair, a small island region which excels greatly in its scientific advances both in medicine and in creation and research. You are the child of a doctor (father) and a scientist (mother), and they have raised you the best they can so that when it comes time for you to leave the nest, you would be prepared. Coincidentally, today is your eighteenth birthday, which means it's about time you leave, right? Right. Well, that's what your parents had always taught you anyway. As you are getting ready to leave, your mother gives you and your best friend a parting gift; your first partner!

You live with your roommate and best friend in Otlair City, not too far off the coast. Recently, you two have been hearing on the news about a strange sickness infesting the nearby regions. Of course, something like that could easily be cured by the people of Otlair, considering their research departments are some of the best, right? So there is nothing to worry about, and it's been said that the creature of the region cannot be affected due to a special gene twisted into their DNA.

One day, you and your friend travel back to Carter city to visit your parents. You are near the border of Carter when your friend falls threateningly ill. You take him to your parents in hope that they can help him. However, you find that your home town has been compromised by the sickness, and nearly every building has been quarantined. The center is bustling with more activity than you have ever seen in your eighteen years, and all your former neighbors are sick with what is being called the new age Plague.

All but two of them anyway. Old Man Oriel and Old Lady Ilene whose house is the only one not covered in quarantine tape from left to right, top to bottom.

They offer you knowledge, a history of the region's past. Should you choose to accept it, you embark on a journey to find the cure across Otlair's landmasses. Of course, with any journey come obstacles as you embark on several sub-quests leading to discover of The Cure. And with any protagonist, there must be an antagonist; ironically named The Cure.

The Cure is a company that has recently crossed to Otlair from another region. Their purpose is unclear, but they have buildings, large and small, in a number of cities. It is widely thought that The Cure is the company to blame for the recent introduction of the Plague to Otlair, but there is no proof one way or the other.

Features
The Region of Otlair
150 Originals
Unique storyline
Gameplay differences
Choice based outcomes
Trainer, Breeder, or Coordinator (affects gameplay)

Gameplay

Characters
Michael or Selena
The son/daughter of Doctor and Professor Willow. You play as one of these two characters.

Doctor Willow
Your father, he is a well-known medical practitioner.

Professor Willow
Your mother, she is a professor and researcher.

Bret or Brenda
Your best friend. After you left Carter to live in Otlair city s/he went with you and is now your roommate. On your way to Carter, s/he falls sick!

Old Man Oriel (Ooh-ree-elle)
One of your former neighbors. For some reason, he –along with his wife—has managed to avoid the Plague.

Old Lady Ilene (Ie-leen)
One of your former neighbors. For some reason, she –along with her husband—has managed to avoid the Plague.

Images

Fakemon Part I

iaza12238518937500.gif

#001: Cubite (Grass-Type); Cub Pokemon
Cubite are playful pokemon who enjoy taking long naps in the sunlight. Their tails have a second brain that stays awake at all times.

#002: Monera, (Grass-Type); Chimera Pokemon
Monera release a powerful spore from their manes as a defense mechanism should the tail's brain feel threatened.

#003: Chimont, (Grass-Type, Rock-Type); Chimera Pokemon
Chimont are a monsterous pokemon who are known for their great strength and speed in rough terrain. Trainers are advised to avoid them.

#004: Dynant, (Fire-Type, Bug-Type); Crackle Pokemon
Dynant are small pokemon whose backs carry a small explosive. When they feel threatened, the explosives light up and explode soon after.

#005: Explosiant, (Fire-Type, Bug-Type); Explosive Pokemon
Explosiant are heavy pokemon whose thorax is replaced with a large bomb which can easily clear out large patches of land should it explode.

#006: Teantee, (Fire-Type, Bug-Type); Arsenal pokemon
Teantee use their number of explosive devices to frighten off predators. When their antennae touch, it causes their explosives to light.

#007: Floot, (Water-Type); Bubble Pokemon
Floot are small, shy creatures that prefer to hide underwater if possible. When above water, they blow bubbles to hide themselves.

#008: Mystamp, (Water-Type); Land Surf Pokemon
Mystamp are known for galloping onto water in hopes of walking on it. It is said that when they achieve this, they evolve.

#009: Neptide, (Water-Type); WaterHorse Pokemon
Neptide are known for their unique ability to cross over large bodies of water as though it were land. Their powerful horns are worth their weight in gold.

#010: Coddle (Bug-Type); Cotton Pokemon
Coddle are small pokemon who hang from trees and bushes until the layer of cotton on their bodies hardens and they evolve.

#011: Cotoon (Bug-Type); Cocoon Pokemon
Cotoon hide in their hardened pillow-like cocoons, feeding on their cotton it collected as a Coddle until it has consumed it all.

#012: Cotrap (Bug-Type, Psychic-Type); Bed Bug Pokemon
Cotrap release soft spores of cotton from their bodies which they use to put their enemies to sleep while they escape.

#013: Duspek (Bug-Type); Dust Pokemon
Duspek are known to collect on the grounds of forests and cities, hiding under large patches of dust.

#014: Duspil (Bug-Type); Cocoon Pokemon
Duspil disguise themselves under thick piles of dust in which they cannot move while their bodies develop.

#015: Dusmite (Bug-Type, Dark-Type); Dust Mite Pokemon
Dusmite are relatively large pokemon who hide in dark areas and come out to surprise their unsuspecting targets.

#016: Twidgen, (Normal-Type, Flying-Type); Glider Pokemon
Twidgen are known for their strong wings and large bodies, even from birth. They are often used to carry letters.

#017: Swidgen, (Normal-Type, Flying-Type); Glider Pokemon
Swidgen are fast moving pokemon on land, but have nearly lost half of their speed in the air due to the increase in their body mass.

#018: Springen, (Normal-Type, Flying-Type); Glider Pokemon
Springen's bodies have developed greatly and it is now able to move quickly on land and in air due to its large and powerful wings. It carries a large feather for defense.

#019: Humbeat, (Bug-Type, Flying-Type); Humming Pokemon
Humbeat are small pokemon who consume and carry pollen. Though their bodies are small, their wings enable them to move at incredible speeds.

#020: Cahito (Normal-Type); Shy Pokemon
Cahito are an estrange pokemon who hide themselves in boxes from birth. When one is ready to breed, it will go into hiding for several days.

#021: Mousent, (Normal-Type); Blind Pokemon
Mousent are known for their lack of sight and use their incredible hearing and sense of smell to provide themselves with safety.

#022: Roscent (Normal-Type); Blind Pokemon
Roscent use their sense of smell in order to locate enemies, and carry a small cane with them for defense.

#023: Pom (Normal-Type); PomPom Pokemon
Poms are small, baby pokemon who enjoy being the center of attention. Their bodies shine in the sunlight.

#024: Girit (Fighting-Type); Cheerleader Pokemon (TBR)
Girit are known for their flexibility and strength. Their looks often lead predators to believe they are weak.

#025: Tomble (Fighting-Type); Cheerleader Pokemon (TBR)
Tomble are strong bodied pokemon who are best known for their speed and flexibility. They are often seen with other Tomble, Girit, or Poms.

#026: Rotweet, (Normal-Type, Flying-Type); Healing Pokemon
Rotweet are small pokemon who use their soft, melodic sounds as a means to heal their allies.

#027: Telasari, (Normal-Type, Flying-Type); Ritual Pokemon
Telesari use their songs as a means to attract prey and hypnotize them. Their psychological power is a topic of discussion amongst researchers.

#028: Cupie (Normal-Type); Cupcake Pokemon
Cupie are small pokemon who are often seen in cities. It is well known that they are a favorite amongst children.

#029: Muffmin (Normal-Type); Muffin Pokemon
Muffmin are often seen in restaurants and bakeries as assistants to chefs. They are the lesser cousin of Cupie.

#030: Chipin (Ice-Type); Penguin Pokemon
Chipin are small pokemon who enjoy spending their time on patches of ice. They are known to chirp loudly when excited.

#031: Pingel (Ice-Type); Penguin Pokemon
Pingel use their bodies as a primary source of attack. The wings developing on its back aren't very strong, but are cold to the touch.

#032: Pinarc (Ice-Type); Penguin Pokemon
Pinarc's wings are known for the large area of cold air they emit. When a Pinarc remains in one place, it begins to leave frost behind.

#033: Urpin (Water-Type, Poison-Type); Urchin Pokemon
Urpin are small pokemon who hide on the shores of the ocean waiting for unsuspecting prey.

#034: Anemurchi (Water-Type, Poison-Type); Anemone Pokemon
Anemurchi hide in coral reefs until prey comes near, at that time its antennae reach out for the attack.

#035: Sinchin (Water-Type, Steel-Type); Water Mine Pokemon
Sinchin hide deep in the ocean waiting for predators to come near it; when the tides around it change enough, it explodes.

#036: Cliq (Electric-Type); Click Pokemon
Cliq like to spend their times in electric fields, gathering currents into its body which it releases through the port on its tail.

#037: Pixi (Electric-Type, Ghost-Type); Virus Pokemon
Pixi invade computers and computer-run electronic devices and corrupt them from the inside out. They can also vaccinate the devices after.

#038: Relaunt (Ghost-Type, Dark-Type); Mirror Pokemon
Relaunt are said to be the souls of vane men and women who were trapped into mirrors. They haunt the world until the mirror breaks.

#039: Guardillo (Ground-Type); Shell Pokemon
Guardillo often roll themselves into balls to protect themselves from predators. Their shells are hard and rough.

#040: Armourdilo (Ground-Type); Barracade Pokemon
Armourdilo use their strong, large shells as a means of protection against predators. When they roll up, the plates lift.

#041: Eetee (Psychic-Type); Alien Pokemon
Eetee are greatly intelligent pokemon thought to have come from another world.

#042: Terestreel (Psychic-Type); Alien Pokemon
Terestreel are often used by scientists in Otlair as assistance because of their greater intelligence. They can rival even the greatest scientists.

#043: Trexy (Rock-Type); Armless Pokemon
Trexy use their strong legs and great jaws as a means of attack because they lack arms. It is said that they were once large, frightening monsters.

#044: Hachirp (Rock-Type); Hatching Pokemon
Hachirp are known to carry egg-shaped rocks on their person. They gift these rocks to deserving trainers, as though they were real eggs.

#045: Coloke (Fire-Type, Ghost-Type); Smoke Pokemon
Coloke produce large clouds of white smoke from their bodies which are said to create illusions to those who inhale it.

#046: Shyll (Ground-Type); Shell Pokemon
Shyll hide themselves within their shells, with only their eyes peeking out. It is very rare that they come out from within their shells.

#047: Tortundo (Ground-Type, Dragon-Type); LandTurtle Pokemon
Tortundo are large pokemon whose backs map out the world. They are able to use many aspects of the land to their advantage.

#048: Serpeia (Poison-Type, Dark-Type); Bowl Pokemon
Serpeia is a triplet, known for her strong venom and powerful poisons. She is thought to be the mother of modern sickness.

#049: Zobespa, (Bug-Type, Psychic-Type); Mind Pokemon
Zobespa emit a silent sound which infiltrates the mind in order to have its victims fall prey to its control. Its victims are called Zombies.

#050: Savalen (Psychic-Type); Valentine Pokemon
Savelen's body is developed solely for the purpose of influencing emotion. It carries a bow which it uses for attack.

Maps
2aaj5e1.png

Carter City, Western half.

Screenshots
None yet. They will be here soon!

Credits:
Poccil's Pokemon Essentials starter kit
TheDeadHeroAlistair for Tiles
Alucus for Tiles.

Help & Support:
Karel_Kazuki: Storlyine helper
elarmasecreta, xcalierz, and emocountry: Mapping?

Want to help? Well, I'm currently looking for:
  • Tileists (1-3) to help create tiles.
  • Composer(s) (1-2) to create music.
  • Concept Artists (1-3) drawing characters, pokemon, areas, etc.
  • Story Builders (1-3) to help with the creation of the story.
  • Spriters (1-3) to assist with items, menus, trainers, etc.
  • Mapperr (1-2) eventually to map out the region.

Last edited:

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Sorry to post without anyone else giving feedback but this has been in waiting for approval for two days and I would like to get it noticed. So is there any feedback or questions I can answer for people?

Years
The story is very different, not very Pokemon like, but i guess thats what you plan on doing. :)
The sprites look pretty good, actually mostly very good besides some.. like what are human beings doing there!?
And i like the game play change, makes it more strategic.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Yeah that conversation has been had several times now. Haha, the human-like pokemon will be resprited to look more pokemon-like. And I'm glad that you find the changes atleast partially interesting.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Hey guys, I'm in desperate need of a mapper right now. I realize that this wont get many critiques until I get some screenshots up and I'm not the best mapper out there. D: So if you're interested, please send me a PM :)

Last edited:

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Small update, here is a small portion of Carter Beach.

2j3hfet.png

It's not much to look at right now, but yeah. The tiles were made by thedeadheroalistair of Deviantart and he will be credited in the first post. :)

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
That's already been discussed and they will be redone. There isn't much to read, so please go through and read comments before reposting someting I've already explained.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
If you need a mapper, I can help you out. PM me if you're interested.

I like your story, it's different which makes the game more interesting.

I've got mixed feelings about your fakemon, some look great, like the fire starter's line and some... not so.

You should take the boy and girl fakemon and edit them so that they can be trainers in your game.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
elarmasecreta I will PM you :) The maps you posted on my page were actually very goood. :) And I planned onpossibly respriting them, but changing these two to become trainers is a good idea; though I still need to find something to fill their spot, if not resprite thema nyway.

DarkDoom3000 huzzah! Thanks, I really hope I can pull off everything I have planned. :)

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Hey guys, so I haven't updated in a bit but here is a small update. I ended up collecting more tiles (Now my tileset is compoesd of Alucus and Alistair), and created a new map of Carter. This is only about half of it, but this is where you start. :)

2aaj5e1.png

I will be updating with Screenshots soon I hope. :)

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
Years
great, now those tiles aren't original

That's a really beautiful map, the design is laid out very well.
My only quarrel is the green tree shadows on sand, and the trees that don't have shadows at all, they look a bit odd.

Arma

The Hyena
Years

The main problem with this map is that it's too empty, try walking through it, you'll often see nothin but sand, try filling out everything with some trees, chairs and such.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
great, now those tiles aren't original

My only quarrel is the green tree shadows on sand, and the trees that don't have shadows at all, they look a bit odd.

Thank You. And yeah, I need to fix that with those trees somehow...

The main problem with this map is that it's too empty, try walking through it, you'll often see nothin but sand, try filling out everything with some trees, chairs and such.

I just realized while testing today, so I am altering some of the map now. Thanks :) By the way, are you still helping me with mapping, so I know whether tos end the tileset or not.

Back