• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gaming Achievements

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
"ALRIGHT! I GOTZ ME AN ACHIEVEMENT! And it's for killing 1000 aliens!"

So, lately in the gaming world, (Playstation, Xbox, Wii, etc) there are these little perks called achievements, where they can be unlocked after completing a certain challenge, or unlocking something like an exclusive character or a weapon. Some of these achievements are easy to get, and some are hard to achieve and requires a ton of skill (and patience) to obtain it. Other times, you'll do whatever it takes to do so, and trust me, I've been there!

What was your "greatest" gaming achievement? If you're playing a game right now, what was the latest you obtained and how did you achieve it?

Years
In the last year or so, I've really started caring about trophies for the PS3, whereas before that I didn't really try to go out of my way to get any. Right now I'm just under 750 trophies, which is in the range of 10,000 for Xbox's gamerscore (rough estimate). I think my greatest achievements would be getting Platinum trophies on 4 different games, and being within 2 or 3 trophies on 3 others (don't believe an equivalent of a Platinum exists on Xbox, but it's basically for getting all other trophies in the game).

The most recent trophy that I can remember getting was "Promising Start" on NHL 13, for having my created player get drafted 1st overall into the NHL.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I used to be a complete achievement hoarder back in the days when I used to actively use my 360. I managed to get over 20k worth of gamerscore and I always tried to get whatever achievement possible. Then after I quit using my 360 I shifted towards trophy hunting on the PS3, and then became a trophy collector for a year or so.

I have since stopped because it's honestly pointless other than proving you can spend ridiculous amounts of time to get a specific trophy or multiple ones. (Platinum i'm talking about YOU!)

As for my proudest achievement on the 360? I don't know because I don't remember most of the achievements I got on that console. For the PS3, my two proudest trophies are platinum in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I love those two RPG's and played both to the point where I know everything about the game from the lore, to the locations of items, treasures and other things. Also getting Platinum in these two games is very difficult because it requires lots of grinding and many playthroughs. My third proudest is probably Dead Space 2's platinum, simply because Hardcore requires a lot of patience and time, and I only managed to get it after replaying the game so many times on hard to get all the other trophies and knowing everything in the game.

Yeah I have a crazy gaming life, and i'm honestly not too proud of it. In general i've spent too much time getting achievements and trophies, (especially platinums) and just gaming in general.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Overall, I haven't been impressed with the concept so far. Artifical game extenders.

Why do I get an achievement for beating a level or watching a cutscene? I'm supposed to do that. I shouldn't get an achievement for simply playing the game.

Then there is random stuff that would never occur to me. I think I got an achievement in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts for accidently knocking a cow over into a volcano. Okay. That's an achievement? O_o

High score, best time, crazy amount of headshots? Those are achivements.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Literally just what TRIFORCE89 said.
Even for the achievements that are somewhat interesting, I just play the game how I want to and find it contrived to go after them. I'd actually enjoy a game far less if I had some pretence under which I were playing.

User19sq

I somewhat agree with the two people above, but there're some exceptions to that. For instance, for those who play The Binding of Isaac, some achievements are related to going to a pretty far point, such as fighting the boss of Cathedral with the secret character ??? and winning. A well-deserved achievement, and one which I'm proud to've gotten.

Years
Everything on Black Ops. I spent a lot of time trying to get every single achievement in Black Ops, and I eventually did.

The greatest achievement was knowing I'm getting a step closer ever achievement I earned.

Back