• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
did you stick any tap on the board and then have to peel it off? it may be a wire problem. thats what im guessing, judging from these comments.

Thanks for replying :)
Ermm no, not that I know of. I made extra sure not to touch any part of the motherboard with any sort of force what so ever. I could have damaged the contacts but if I did the message would appear and the in game clock wouldn't work right?
I've restarted my game and just seeing if the first oran berry you get has sprouted. If it doesn't work then oh well i'll just have to do without a milotic :)

For Sapphire I know that there was a glitch where timed events wouldn't occur after the battery ran out and it could only be patched by linking with another GBA with emerald/FR/LG
You could try it out if you have a friend with a GBA and a link cable?

The Deoxys thing is sadly fake. The rocket launch numbers apparently only indicate how many weeks you've played and on mine it said launch no.9999 because of the internal battery running dry so it can no longer keep track.
I think the white rock was there because I they meant to do something with Jirachi as it is a wish pokemon. I don't think it has anything to do with deoxys other than the fact it came from space unfortunately :/

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay so if it is in fact the berry glitch and not the internal battery running dry, you can fix it by connection the game with any Gamecube game or by pressing B, start and select on the FR/LG/E menu screen, and by following the prompts.

The white rock is just a decoration. Fun to speculate about it though.

Also if you need berries for a Milotic, wild Spinda, Whismur and Loudred can have a Chesto Berry as a wild hold item.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
the regionals are for all of the most recent game, and i want to finish my pokedex and use a copyswap so i can keep my team in sapphire and still be able to battle with them when i get pokemon x and y when they come out

If you need a Deoxys in the most recent games, then you should look around some trade shops in Trade Corner and offer on one. Trying to get one from a gen III game isn't gonna work as all that stuff is speculation. I can't believe your friend tells you that stuff, as it was long disproved during generation III.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Does the RNG issue/trick whatever you want to call it affect normal soft resetting for a shiny starter in emerald?

I am not trying to use the trick, I'm currently at like 1,500 SR's trying for a shiny Mudkip.

I'm just wondering am I wasting a lot of time or will I get it eventually despite not using that trick some use?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Try asking for RNG help in the RNG thread in Trade Corner, if you're RNGing. As for SRing, I don't know what trick you're talking about so...can't really help you till you give a little more info. I don't really understand if you're SRing or RNGing though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Try asking for RNG help in the RNG thread in Trade Corner, if you're RNGing. As for SRing, I don't know what trick you're talking about so...can't really help you till you give a little more info. I don't really understand if you're SRing or RNGing though.

I'm doing normal SR, I don't like the idea of RNG so I'm trying to get a shiny without doing it on emerald.

What I was asking basically is is it still possible to get a shiny while normally SR'ing in emerald?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, okay. Yeah, it definitely is possible, but it's gonna take a long time. RNG isn't bad btw. It's considered legal. Emerald RNG is tough though, so I don't recommend it. But yeah, SR away! Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Oh, okay. Yeah, it definitely is possible, but it's gonna take a long time. RNG isn't bad btw. It's considered legal. Emerald RNG is tough though, so I don't recommend it. But yeah, SR away! Good luck!

Yeah I know it isn't bad, but it feels a bit cheaty to me.

Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Hello! I'm considering starting a new game on either my Ruby or Emerald, even though I'm not quite sure. I kind of favour Emerald for the aftergame, but Ruby is closer to my heart. I'd like to plan my team beforehand, but I can't come up with a full team. Here are some of the teams I can think of for the E4;

Team no. 1: Treecko as the starter

Sceptile
Aggron

Skarmory
Walrein
Magneton
~ Camerupt?

Team no. 2: Mudkip as the starter

Swampert
Flygon

Breloom/Roselia?
Gardevoir
Manetric
Ninetales

Team no. 3: Torchic as the starter

Blaziken
Tropius

Rhydon/Donphan?
Glalie
Ludicolo
Dusclops?

Everyone except the bolded names are a subject of change. I'd love to have some opinions about the teams! :t380:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Clock based events will no longer occur. So evolving Eevee will only result in one of the two time-based evolutions, depending on what time your clock got stuck at. You can't grow berries anymore and you can't go to the roof top sales in Lilycove anymore. There's plenty more info on this if you backtrack and read a few pages. This question comes up often.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Is there any way to like, fix it? I adore my emerald version so I just turned it on and it came up with that message.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Is there any way to like, fix it? I adore my emerald version so I just turned it on and it came up with that message.

There is one way to fix this: send your cartridge to a shop that sells cartridges and ask them to replace the internal battery. This will restore the clock-based events, I believe. If all else fails, you would just have to buy a new cartridge. Hope this works for you.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
There is one way to fix this: send your cartridge to a shop that sells cartridges and ask them to replace the internal battery. This will restore the clock-based events, I believe. If all else fails, you would just have to buy a new cartridge. Hope this works for you.

I'd recommend buying a used one with a recently replaced internal battery, a new copy normally runs over 150 USD.

Cartridges as in game cartridges or?

Yes, she means the game cartridge.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
So I restarted my Pokemon Emerald and I'm torn as to what moveset to give my Blaziken. The options are:

Option A
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide
Bulk Up

or

Option B
Blaze Kick
Fire Punch
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide

*(I still have the option of getting Rock Slide in the Rock Tunnel in my Leaf Green)

Which of these 2 options should I use, and if anybody has any alternative ideas, I'd be grateful.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Go with the Bulk Up set. Blaze Kick is better than Fire Punch, though that accuracy drop can be a problem. But it's usually not, so go for that. Just make sure you use some PP Ups on it because it has less PP than Fire Punch.

Either set is fine really, though I'm personally against having two moves of the same type, so the set with both Blaze Kick and Fire Punch makes me cringe.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So, I'm playing FireRed and I just arrived at Celadon City. And my Jigglypuff is level 28 with the moveset Sing, Rollout, Secret Power & Disable.

I was wondering what level should I use my Moonstone on it?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So, I'm playing FireRed and I just arrived at Celadon City. And my Jigglypuff is level 28 with the moveset Sing, Rollout, Secret Power & Disable.

I was wondering what level should I use my Moonstone on it?

I'd say wait until it at least learns Body Slam at lv34, as that is probably the best move for it. If you want, you can wait till lv39 for Mimic or lv44 for Hyper Voice. But with Wigglytuff's movepool, you have better options anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back