• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which language?

droomph

weeb
Years
Sorry if this has been already taken :x

So with the new games, you can change languages, which is new. And I'm a language freak so I'm excited for this! (…right. Guess droomph's alone here again)

So regardless of what you think about languages, are you willing to venture out of the normal language you play games in?

For me, I'll play the game in English to get a sense of the plot and OMG KOREAN?! HOT DAMN I'LL TAKE 4

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'll play the games in English, because I've been playing the English versions of past games since Gen III.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
The ability to change languages has probably been the least exciting piece of news I've heard. I guess it'll be useful for those who have foreign parents, and they want their parents to... who am I kidding, no one shares their pokemon game. So yeah, just language lovers.

Edit @droomph: I didn't mean for "just language lovers" to sound as an insult. I'll be more careful with my words in the future. :)

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
The ability to change languages has probably been the least exciting piece of news I've heard. I guess it'll be useful for those who have foreign parents, and they want their parents to... who am I kidding, no one shares their pokemon game. So yeah, just language lovers.
That's kind of mean. I mean, if you don't find it interesting, don't make us feel like freaks :x

because you know, people find language interesting, they want to learn it.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Could do French, but I'm much more comfortable with English nowadays.

Years
English will be my primary language of choice since it's the one I understand best, but I'd definitely switch to some others when I'm looking to sneak in some practice. :D

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Well I don't speak the languages I'm studying well enough to play video games in them. So I'm sticking to the English games. Plus I'm buying a 3DS in the states, and given the region-lock I don't think a Japanese X (for example) would play on mine. -_-

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm sort of a "Language fan" myself too, I'll end up buying 7 copies of Pokemon X and 7 copies of Pokemon Y so I can play them each in a different language....

overall I'm going to start playing the game in my native language first, Spanish. I just hope its the Spanish spoken around USA, Mexico.... the Latin American version and not the Iberian version... regardless of accent, I'll play it in Spanish first.

In my second playthrough I'll play it on my 2nd language, English, on my 3rd playthrough in the native game's language Japanese, and after that from 4th to 7th in all other languages.

Years
Ill play it English once and then in Japanese from there on. I love that language it sounds cool that we can change this.

tnfsf11

I would have played in French in my first playthrough but unfortunately Pokémon names will be different & that won't help me memorize them :/
Unfortunately you can't change the language mid-game so it will probably be English for the first playthrough & French for the second :)

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Spanish is my first language, but I'm so used to English, soo that. I *may* play in Spanish when I restart, though.

I just hope its the Spanish spoken around USA, Mexico.... the Latin American version and not the Iberian version...

Nice to see I'm not the only person who wants it in mexican spanish.

Back