• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
XanderO, you make a very viable point.

Not to mention, most of the people who are wanting a remake are long time games who are reminiscing. In today's age, they are going to make games catered to their target age group. Game Freak is going to include features that set them apart from other popular games that aren't in the Pokemon franchise.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
they definitely should make gen VI for the 3DS, and the possible RS remakes should be OR on the Ds system OR 1game on the DS and the other one for the 3DS

C Payne, did you made that Hoenn map in BW style by yourself? it's very awesome.
btw, how about the names MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire for the remakes?

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I understand why Gen VI taking the title to be the first Pokemon games on the 3DS would be logical as testing grounds but for me I still think it's too soon after Gen V, I know there's no strict pattern but it doesn't feel like enough time has passed to move on to the next generation.

So assuming Gen VI is announced this month, that would mean a release for Japan around May according to previous releases and then November internationally, that's all in the space of 2013.

That's just how I see it and if it is a game announcement on Sunday we will find out where remakes stand regardless of what is announced.

The Gen VI Games might have been In Development Before B2W2 Seeing as thats how it was with Platinum and the 3DS was out before B2W2
If thats the case then we could probably expect a release international in July Maybe

they definitely should make gen VI for the 3DS, and the possible RS remakes should be OR on the Ds system OR 1game on the DS and the other one for the 3DS

C Payne, did you made that Hoenn map in BW style by yourself? it's very awesome.
btw, how about the names MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire for the remakes?

If they Make Gen VI on 3ds they won't make the RSE remakes on DS

Last edited:
Years
I know in comparison to our world 649 is nothing. If we got a 100 new species with gen 6 that would be like 750. The pre national dex would have to have atleast 400 ( not even trying to dismiss the ones that wont be available in the game). And we all seen what happened with bw2. Filling up the unova dex was a blast, challenging but fun... then you hit lentimas town and every route after seems to house 6-12 different species or something like that and the challenge just becomes monotonous. Look how they had to butcher victory up into like 20 different species because they ran out of space for them ( theoretically... but also theoretically it could just be showing how diverse and unmapped that side of the mountain was allowing different walks of life to coincide) but still yet. 1000 it would have to be multi regional and at that point... by the second region even school kids pokemon would be lvl.42 - 50... realistically how would a chipper young sprout get his start in that region with a lvl 5 starter leaving home and runs into a lvl 48 beedrill on route one and also realistically what reason would gamefreak give us as to why that region was so powerful ( loop holes from johto/ kanto neighboring) by the time you conquer the second region there would still be wild pokemon to catch to fill up the dex and they would have to be around lvl 84-90 or higher by then. Which is stupid. Great training spots but aesthetically flawed. Just saying only through temperament will gamefreak even get up to 800 species without turning off the core fan base its too much for the pace that pokemon core titles move it. They need to bring that kind change on slow and calculated

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I know in comparison to our world 649 is nothing. If we got a 100 new species with gen 6 that would be like 750. The pre national dex would have to have atleast 400 ( not even trying to dismiss the ones that wont be available in the game). And we all seen what happened with bw2. Filling up the unova dex was a blast, challenging but fun... then you hit lentimas town and every route after seems to house 6-12 different species or something like that and the challenge just becomes monotonous. Look how they had to butcher victory up into like 20 different species because they ran out of space for them ( theoretically... but also theoretically it could just be showing how diverse and unmapped that side of the mountain was allowing different walks of life to coincide) but still yet. 1000 it would have to be multi regional and at that point... by the second region even school kids pokemon would be lvl.42 - 50... realistically how would a chipper young sprout get his start in that region with a lvl 5 starter leaving home and runs into a lvl 48 beedrill on route one and also realistically what reason would gamefreak give us as to why that region was so powerful ( loop holes from johto/ kanto neighboring) by the time you conquer the second region there would still be wild pokemon to catch to fill up the dex and they would have to be around lvl 84-90 or higher by then. Which is stupid. Great training spots but aesthetically flawed. Just saying only through temperament will gamefreak even get up to 800 species without turning off the core fan base its too much for the pace that pokemon core titles move it. They need to bring that kind change on slow and calculated

There will always be more Pokemon Eventually they may even split the Pokedex Into 3
For example

Regional Pokedex: Contains all the new Pokemon
National Pokedex: Contains Pokemon from the 4 Closest Regions
International Pokedex: Contains all the Pokemon worldwide

lol Just my Opinion though

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
That might be something to hang nto to say, see I told you.

Who Me?

Oh That reminds me Way back before the BW International release I Posted a thread asking what people thought the region would be called in english and they all thought it would stay basically the same like every other region did but did it? Nope It changed drasticly

EDIT: Heres the link to that thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=227484

Dont post in it though

Years
Still poses a threat to the leveling up system... and i love pokemons level up system and dont wanna see it change. Unless you played with multiple pc's which is a dumb idea for pokemon... i just look at it like the inevitable, you can only build something so tall before it falls. Pokemon being one of my favorite games and being a part of my life for so long i, as a fan, would prefer a slower pace
One that i can savor. Which naturally an easy task, through remakes.
If you mean to tell me that you wanna tear through a 3rd region ( assuming we do hit 1500 species) with lvl 90 pkmn ( knowing your cap is 100, also knowing that if you regress to lvl 60s you will be trampled by the lass on route 2) then heyyy, we are just polar opposites that wont agree so there is no reason for us to even try to change each others mind

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Still poses a threat to the leveling up system... and i love pokemons level up system and dont wanna see it change. Unless you played with multiple pc's which is a dumb idea for pokemon... i just look at it like the inevitable, you can only build something so tall before it falls. Pokemon being one of my favorite games and being a part of my life for so long i, as a fan, would prefer a slower pace
One that i can savor. Which naturally an easy task, through remakes.
If you mean to tell me that you wanna tear through a 3rd region ( assuming we do hit 1500 species) with lvl 90 pkmn ( knowing your cap is 100, also knowing that if you regress to lvl 60s you will be trampled by the lass on route 2) then heyyy, we are just polar opposites that wont agree so there is no reason for us to even try to change each others mind

They Would no doubt raise the level cap if that were to happen

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
One thing that will annoy me is that if the Remake is 3DS exclusive. I mean, myself, i just got a DSi for Christmas, it would really tick me off if i needed to buy another console.
If they made it 3DS Enhanced, that would be okay as i would still be able to play.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
One thing that will annoy me is that if the Remake is 3DS exclusive. I mean, myself, i just got a DSi for Christmas, it would really tick me off if i needed to buy another console.
If they made it 3DS Enhanced, that would be okay as i would still be able to play.
Why did you get a DSi it just seems like you got ripped off if you ask me

a DSi Is Probably not much cheaper than a 3DS

Years
If they changed the level cap, they would have to change the way effort values worked and are distributed, i mean no harm by saying this but if your one of the people that dont ev train it doesnt mean they dont exsist and arent a staple game mechanic to what is leveling and stats in pokemon.
But... i also see a way they can even further extrapolate the species count...
The newer post 800 species regions would have to be newspecies/new region locked. Leaving you to catch only the 100-150 new species pre elite four. Then offer up a hundred or so close region species post elite four and layer with what ever legendaries they feel are trendy or purposeful at the time.
But.. this would also create an insurance for the fans... multiple remakes for every generation of system compatibility... which seems to be considered the most far fetched thing since planet earth was said to be round and not exsisting in a ferment.. to people on this thread atleast...
The point im always so vigilantly trying to make is there is no limit to what game freak has in store but one thing is certain... the more generations the more remakes... especially if the best argument is towhy we wont get an rse remake is fulfilled compatibility

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Why did you get a DSi it just seems like you got ripped off if you ask me

a DSi Is Probably not much cheaper than a 3DS

DSi's are $99 and 3DS' are $169.

But as repeated many times, there are NO DS games listed for release this year. I'll check Gamestop sometime later this week to see if there is still no update, but the last three months I've checked had no games listed for 2013 for the DS console. Nintendo most likely forced a full console switch with all of its development companies. Which was why B/W/B2/W2 were made so fast. Gamefreak wanted to finish making them for the DS while they still could.

As for level up threat. I do not see how adding more threatens the level up system. Each game will only have x amount of pokemon with a lot of past pokemon not catchable through the main versions, and then later added in/cycled in with the next set. How many Pokemon are in the game has nothing to do with how the levels are effected.

We've never had a Pokemon game with 300 Pokemon in the Pokedex before B2W2. There was no difference in the level features between B2W2 and B/W which only had 156 Pokemon. 6 More than the original series.

EXP gain is tweeked every generation, yes, but that has never had anything to do with the amount of Pokemon in the game. EV's wouldn't have to change either as that's a completely different system in its own. It has nothing to do with levels at all. EVs are extra ways to raise the stats. You can even max out the EVs of a Level 1 Pokemon without having it fight any Pokemon and then Rare Candy it to level 50.

None of what you are saying is even remotely close to valid reasons for anything relating to remakes needing to be remade nor does it pose any sort of impact of future games.

Years
Everything im saying... is in relation of how so many pokemon would fit into the idea of being able to catch em all on one system... if we had 1000 or more pokemon by a 7th or 8th gen. Not to mention how exhausting a transfer process would be... even if 600 pokemon were available in one game locally you would still have to transfer 400... its all in relation with other posts a page back i think or maybe higher up this page and evs would be useless after level 50 pretty much like now ( without event distribution daycare or rarecandy hacks) but now they are only almost naturally useless on only half of your pokemons level span... considering all from level 1 and up because we are talking about the span... ifbthey went to 150 evs would be ridicolous and later regions would be over powered in comparison.
And like i said in another post just a little while ago...
It will only allow you to catch maybe 400 or so in one game... which will go to stand that by 1000 species with 400 in one game... we would see a johto/ kanto a hoenn or sinnoh or unova anywhere from 2-3 remakes per system if compatibilty is an issue... how is that not valid withy point of argument...how does that not relate to remake speculation.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
GameFreak can't just keep releasing DS games to suit those who haven't got a 3DS. If they did that, they wouldn't go anywhere. They have to move with the times, and that means going onto the 3DS soon.

It's silly to continue a generation of main series games on a new gaming system; If they continued Gen V on the DS, they will probably have to stay close to the graphics and systems they have set so far. They aren' going to have any major change in graphics and game mechanics for the game from that of the ones before for Gen V. But at the same time, they aren't going to downplay what capabilites they can now acheive with the 3DS. They aren't going to create a 3DS game that doesn't fully utilise the features available now.

Thats why I think they will move onto a new generation. The 3DS is rapidly rising, and the DS is falling. While yes, this generation is shorter than many of the others, it kind of fits. Just because it's the end of the Generation, doesn't mean the chapter is closed. They can easily create the 6th Generation as one similar to that of Gen 2. Create a new game that is all brand new, but at the same time connected to Gen V. That way, Gen V and Gen IV are treated as sequels to each other in a way. It also means that they can move onto a brand new system and fully use what they have to use.

While I'm not sure if the next generation is to be announced next, I do feel like it will come soon. I feel like it would be more beneficial to wait a bit more for RS remakes and have them on the 3ds.

Years
And my thing about evs is if the level cap raises the ev cap raises. 255 evs would turn to almost 400 evs and would give redicolous power to online battlers. If someone caps a garchomp at level 50 with about 820 evs his stats would look something like this
Hp160
Att260
Def98
Spatt70
Spdef100
Speed235

How would this not be a red flag in fairness to people who dont hack their item bags or pokemon

Also if you read my earlier post, i admitted that it was becoming more realistic that e will get a gen 6. The later post wasnt an argument on wether rse would be out before that or even if it would be on ds or 3ds... it was an expansion of ideas about how gamers could welcome a outlandish amount of species to obtain on one system

Last edited:

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
And my thing about evs is if the level cap raises the ev cap raises. 255 evs would turn to almost 400 evs and would give redicolous power to online battlers. If someone caps a garchomp at level 50 with about 820 evs his stats would look something like this
Hp160
Att260
Def98
Spatt70
Spdef100
Speed235

How would this not be a red flag in fairness to people who dont hack their item bags or pokemon

Also if you read my earlier post, i admitted that it was becoming more realistic that e will get a gen 6. The later post wasnt an argument on wether rse would be out before that or even if it would be on ds or 3ds... it was an expansion of ideas about how gamers could welcome a outlandish amount of species to obtain on one system

Thats their fault for not training pokemon properly then isn't it

EDIT: Raising the Level Cap doesn't mean they have to raise the EV cap
Alot of Pokemon get Max EV's Long Long before Level 100

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Again, Amount of Pokemon in a game has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with level cap or a need to change anything related to EXP or level. Yes its going to be a chore to transfer all of those that aren't in the game. They will always be difficult. The point of Pokemon is to trade and meet with others to collect all Pokemon.

Games have had about 200 Pokemon per game up until B2W2. I don't see them going over 300 even with new games. So they will still would have a certain amount missing per game to transfer from others. They don't have to have remakes as they can make other ways to collect them much like the Dream World.

Nothing with the Level Cap, EXP gain or EVs have to change even if they add more. Pokemon will still run exactly as it has been with Trade and transfer methods until a new transfer method is made to replace the older one, though Trades will always be a priority for Gamefreak as its the foundation of Pokemon.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Again, Amount of Pokemon in a game has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with level cap or a need to change anything related to EXP or level. Yes its going to be a chore to transfer all of those that aren't in the game. They will always be difficult. The point of Pokemon is to trade and meet with others to collect all Pokemon.

Games have had about 200 Pokemon per game up until B2W2. I don't see them going over 300 even with new games. So they will still would have a certain amount missing per game to transfer from others. They don't have to have remakes as they can make other ways to collect them much like the Dream World.

Nothing with the Level Cap, EXP gain or EVs have to change even if they add more. Pokemon will still run exactly as it has been with Trade and transfer methods until a new transfer method is made to replace the older one, though Trades will always be a priority for Gamefreak as its the foundation of Pokemon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Freak#Nintendo_3DS

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There has been no official say on that release and its a Wikipedia page that gets updated by random people...a lot.

I just checked the history, those two titles were added sometime earlier last year and was changed today because the year on it used to say 2014. I can edit the page without signing in so its an unprotected page, and there are no credits to source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back