• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Location, Location, Location?

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Its based off of Europe, or at least France. Which, combined with the info given by the titles, means its going to be an adventure through France on poke-genetics.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't think it'll be just based on France but rather the whole of Europe :3 At least I hope so! Europe has a lot of amazing and interesting countries and scenery and culture!

Zet

Years
I don't think it'll be just based on France but rather the whole of Europe :3 At least I hope so! Europe has a lot of amazing and interesting countries and scenery and culture!
I think it will mainly be based on France... or at least the first few areas, and the rest can be in motherland Germany. :3

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Pretty much all locations we've seen in the trailer were french inspired.....

Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
800px-Le_chateau_de_Vaux_le_Vicomte.jpg

observatory on Pic du Midi
hotel-loures-centre-lourdes-activite-pic-midi.jpg

...but I do hope they include some other awesome european stuff.

Collosseum and Rome anyone?

Stone Henge?

A proper good old castle?

yes plx

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
The starters are based off chestnuts, forgs and fennet, which are stereotypically French, so that's a good educated guess :P

Oh, I didn't know that normally those are French! Well done, Pokemon. I think that this will still mean that the region will be more Urban, especially because it also looked like we'll be getting Rollerblades, which is cool, but I hope it won't be as linear as Unova!

@Nintendork I think this is great! It's a different place than what we've had before really, and I'm sure it'll be fun to have different styled buildings and such!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I really do think it's going to be situated in France or maybe somewhere in Europe? Either way, we could be seeing this region really far away from Japan and the United States.

One things for sure, I saw a structure that resembled the Eiffel Tower. So that could point out that the new region is going to be situated somewhere in Europe.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
While it does seem to be France, I think it will be more Europe all up.

Personally, I'm more waiting for the Australia based Pokemon region.

I don't think so... Unova was based only on the NY area. I don't think they'd take on an entire chunk of a continent for one region. I think this region will be based around Paris, with very little extension outside of the surrounding areas.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they may include some of the suburbs of Paris as well.

Now what do you guys think will happen to the Route numbering? Will we go back down to Route 1? Or will the region pick up where Unova left off?

Also I wonder if it'll have a link to Unova as real life france helped America gain it's independence...

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and too lazy to look, but not only is there an Eiffel Tower-like figure in the background, but when Pikachu speaks at the beginning of the trailer and then it zooms out and he 'shocks the globe', he's actually standing on the Eiffel Tower :3

So yeah, most likely France based.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I think they may include some of the suburbs of Paris as well.

Now what do you guys think will happen to the Route numbering? Will we go back down to Route 1? Or will the region pick up where Unova left off?

Also I wonder if it'll have a link to Unova as real life france helped America gain it's independence...
It's confirmed to be back at 1 because of a sign visible in the trailer showing a 3.

Years
If the region is made up of paris and the area around it the region will than be land locked as Paris isn't close to the coast for quite a distance, and if it were to connect to normandy it'll be the biggest region ever seeing how that extension would make it bigger than the sinnoh region which is based on Hokkaido (of course pokemon regions aren't exactly to scale...).

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm hoping it's something French, especially now that I love the place xD Hopefully they'll add the attractions too, more than just the Eiffel Tower, though for some odd reason I can picture the final battle taking place at the top... xD

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'm thinking the new region will have some sort of contact with the Unova region, even though it's based on an entirely new continent. As we've already seen the Eiffel Tower, it's very likely to be based off Paris or the entire country of France. Seeing as Unova was based off New York City.

Hm... I'm probably thinking that it would probably go all the way back down to Route 1 again, seeing as the games are based in a different continent from the United States. The only games that have ended up going onto Route 101, 201 ect. is when it was based in the same country. Since Hoenn was based in Japan, it went up to Route 101, while Sinnoh was based on Hokkaido, Japan... it went to Route 201.

blue

gucci
Years
In the trailer there was a sign post with a "3" on it only assuming this is Route 3 which may indicate that this region is isolated from the others.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
In the trailer there was a sign post with a "3" on it only assuming this is Route 3 which may indicate that this region is isolated from the others.

Agreed, this region is most likely like Unova and is secluded from the other regions, so it'd start from 1 again

Years
I'm glad that some of the old pokemon appear, it makes it feel like we might get Pokemon connected to the old opposed to Unova (BW) which had all new.
I hope they include the beach at the seine river into the games (yes the french have a makeshift beach on a river).

Years
If the region is made up of paris and the area around it the region will than be land locked as Paris isn't close to the coast for quite a distance, and if it were to connect to normandy it'll be the biggest region ever seeing how that extension would make it bigger than the sinnoh region which is based on Hokkaido (of course pokemon regions aren't exactly to scale...).
Paris does have the Seine river though, and they could exaggerate the size of it a bit to give us some more water areas.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I think the trainers, espc the girl look french also. Gamefreak really didn't make it hard this time. xD.

Interesting pics of french buildings, those defiantly look like the locations in the games. I thought some of Sinnoh's Pokemon looked french, haha.

Back