• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
Okay, guys, I wanted to make an update to Pokemon Pyrite.

With the help of CNG, i've been getting a lot of fun new features in my Pokemon game, and in exchange I've been making the soundtrack for him game, Pokemon Almodine.

New features include:
A PokeGear with a Quest System embedded in it.
A mystery gift system that queries a server for a gift.

I hope this update helped. Oh, and i've made about 17 original tracks for CNG's new game so i've been pretty busy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I have to say, this is certainly one of my favorite games because you know how to get things done quickly. Like I said before, people really need to give you more love in this thread.

thepsynergist

Years
It's funny, I think i'm going too slow. xD I've been on this project for over a year now. It's hard to manage a part time job, college and this game. I'm doing okay, considering.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I downloaded this game the other day, and I have to say that you have put a lot of effort into this game! Everything is high-quality, from the music, to the minigames, to the Intro (which gets in the way of Sring, but is still nice XD). A funny thing happened to me earlier today; I found Pokerus near the Elwynn forest :P This is the second time that I found Pokerus in a fan-made Pokemon game in the past week (I previously found it in Pokemon Mithril). I'm currently up to Lush Valley, and I just got my third badge. I wish you the best of luck at completing this game, and I hope it becomes a huge sucess! :D

PokerusAgainXD.png

TanuchiPokerus.png

thepsynergist

Years
Maruno says that the Pokerus thing is really hard to get, but i doubt it. I tend to get it at least once one play thru. xD. Thanks for likeing my game. I'm sure next patch you'll love getting the mystery gifts :D

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I've run into a problem. I got to the part where I gave Lance his PokeBall, but when he asked if I wanted to go with him, I told him that I would do it later. After healing my Pokemon, I went back to him, but I can't talk to him anymore. How do I fix this?

thepsynergist

Years
This bug is known and I talked about how to fix it a few pages back. Unfortunatly the way I coded the event in the previous build, it's impossible to continue...

If you send me your save file, I can give you the pokeball again, and you can continue with the event. In the future, do not say you are not ready, or you won't be able to continue. I'm sorry but I can't release a full build again.

In the mean time, here's a quick fix.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a66asr4rx3emwl0

map083.rxdata will be replaced and should work like a charm. The only problem is that there is no way to recover the item that you lost. Unless, you email me your save file, then I can add the dragonite pokeball to your inventory again and you can continue. Just let me know.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Maruno says that the Pokerus thing is really hard to get, but i doubt it. I tend to get it at least once one play thru. xD. Thanks for likeing my game. I'm sure next patch you'll love getting the mystery gifts :D

My teams have also been infected with the Pokerus each time I've played. It became so common, and happened so early on in the game, that I assumed the virus was part of the genetic modifications made to your Team Rocket starter.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
My teams have also been infected with the Pokerus each time I've played. It became so common, and happened so early on in the game, that I assumed the virus was part of the genetic modifications made to your Team Rocket starter.

You're probably right, that makes too much sense to not be true :P Still, it was nice to find Pokerus in two fan-games so close together.

I'm wondering what teams other people were using. It would be nice to know what Pokemon people liked to use in this game. I'm currently using Ivysaur, Chemur, Servune, Buzzkaw, Tanorchi and training a Kubluhkhan (although I was really torn between Tanorchi and Pinino.)

thepsynergist

Years
The best team that you should use right now would consist of the following.

Charmander
Pinino
Aron (rare on route 2)
Pernade
Cubone
Kubluhkhan

Just in case you need help :P

Also, in the next demo, when you encounter the Mask of Ice for the first time. You will have your party replaced temporarily with Silver's past Pokemon. Thanks to CNG's help, I was able to figure out how to do that. So, just an update for you guys. :P Glad you like the game.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
I have about twelve or fifteen main Pokemon that I rotate through my team. I defeated the final boss of the demo using

Kuttler
Torkoal
Seviper
Mawile
Octillery
Pachirisu

I didn't dwell too much on how Silver had access to his new Pokemon during the Flashback Battle but using his original team sounds like a neat addition. It should clarify the Mask of Ice's comments about capturing your Sneasel, and it should ensure you have a Cut user on your team. I was lucky enough to have a Wolvern with me during the flashback. Now that I think about it, you can potentially become trapped in the past if you take a team of Pokemon incompatible with HM01.

By the way, Psynergist, does the demo enable evolution by Happiness? Just wondering how much effort I should put into pampering my Eevee and Kubluhkahn (which is an awesome powerhouse, by the way).

thepsynergist

Years
Another update.

I am currently making the Mask of Ice have more encounters (not himself personally, his minions) prior to the memory recall that Lance gives you. You will also meet Yellow for the first time, who is possessed by the Mask of Ice to follow his orders.

There also is another Mask of Ice minion encounter in the Elwynn Forest. You learn that the Mask of Ice is after Celebi as well (while you are on the Celebi quest), you fight them then take Celebi for yourself. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this. :P

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
There is a lot of unhappy Pokémon in your dex, but it's no offence. It's a really original idea and i like all of the fakemons. But for what i saw, i couldn't really see any legendaries.

thepsynergist

Years
There aren't any at the moment, due to the sheer number already available. The only one that I am thinking of is Xiades, which is Arceus's brother. There is a whole storyline that I have dedicated to it that is currently in game.

Here is a picture of him. I am currently looking for someone to sprite him. A 2 frame animation of front and back. If someone is willing to do so, I could do a trade. I'm really good at making music, so if someone wants me to do a track or two in their game in exchange for spriting this, I'd be very happy to do so.

Untitled.png

And yes, I have express permission from the artist.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Well, I'm having a small problem. I finally found out how to get an Eevee, so I dueled enough people at the Card Shop to purchase it. However, when I tried to buy it, it said that i didin't have enough coins, even though I do. I'll post some pics.

ShoppingforEevee.png

PyriteCoins.png

I have enough coins to buy it but...

NotEnoughCoins.png

...I get this message. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

Also, I love how the starter becomes shiny when it hits its final evo. I never noticed how cool shiny Venusaur looks until I got this. I'm gonna breed a shiny Bulbasaur this weekend :D

ShinyPyriteVenusaur.png

thepsynergist

Years
Well, I'm having a small problem. I finally found out how to get an Eevee, so I dueled enough people at the Card Shop to purchase it. However, when I tried to buy it, it said that i didin't have enough coins, even though I do. I'll post some pics.

ShoppingforEevee.png

PyriteCoins.png

I have enough coins to buy it but...

NotEnoughCoins.png

...I get this message. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

Also, I love how the starter becomes shiny when it hits its final evo. I never noticed how cool shiny Venusaur looks until I got this. I'm gonna breed a shiny Bulbasaur this weekend :D

ShinyPyriteVenusaur.png

It's possible that its an oversight on my part. I'll look in the event and see if I did something wrong with the way the event worked. I'll let you know.

EDIT: I looked at it, and I don't see an issue unless you can't buy any of the Pokemon in the event. I'll test it on my end. If you can buy the other Pokemon, let me know.

EDIT2: Oh, I'm an idiot :P I coded the event to only allow you to get a Pokemon if you had the EXACT amount of coins. My bad... I'll fix it in an upcoming patch. Too busy to worry about that at the moment. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Last edited:

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
It's possible that its an oversight on my part. I'll look in the event and see if I did something wrong with the way the event worked. I'll let you know.

EDIT: I looked at it, and I don't see an issue unless you can't buy any of the Pokemon in the event. I'll test it on my end. If you can buy the other Pokemon, let me know.

EDIT2: Oh, I'm an idiot :P I coded the event to only allow you to get a Pokemon if you had the EXACT amount of coins. My bad... I'll fix it in an upcoming patch. Too busy to worry about that at the moment. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Hmm... I kinda had a feeling that was the problem, especially when I couldn't buy stuff like Abra. I'm gonna try to whittle down the coins by buying something more expensive. It'll take a while, but I really want an Espeon :D

EDIT: Aw man, the only item I can work up to is a Master Ball, which is 25000 coins... Well, at least it's the weekend :P

EDIT #2: I don't think I can make the 75 extra coins dissapear, which means I can't get up to 25000 coins :(

Last edited:
Back