• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Elibian Nights (A Fire Emblem Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Download (Release #1)

screensversion5.png

What is Elibian Nights?

Elibian Nights is a fan-made "sequel" to Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (released as just "Fire Emblem" in the United States and Europe). The game follows the stories of Blazing Sword's cast between the end of Blazing Sword and the beginning of its Japan-only sequel, Sword of Seals.

The game is centered around "tales," which are like your standard Fire Emblem chapter. The main difference, however, is that each tale is completely independent. The cast of the first tale will not carry over into the second, and the stories, while some do link together (for example, Tales 1, 2, and 3 provide the backdrop for Tale 5's events), the plots are independent of one-another.

After a tale is completed, the player will be transported to the "Tale Select" screen. At this hub, you can select the next tale you wish to play, choose to replay any of the tales you've completed, and view your Achievements. If you're familiar with the XBOX360, you'll recognize the concept of "Achievements." The game features a total of 20 Achievements to unlock! The game will feature a total of 13 scenarios, with 7 in the current release.

What's in this release?

The first release covers Tales 1 - 4, and all of the gaiden tales. Please note that you should keep this save after playing, since all future releases will simply build off of this release. Consider this to be a "baseline" release, and the only further additions will be the implementation of the remaining tales (which will be released on a per-tale basis).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2012
Oh my gosh! Arch, you're now on this forum to, it's like you go everywhere! But you know it's good to spread your hack around considering it's like one of the Fire Emblem hacks out there. Good luck I guess!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmm... never actually played fire emblem only watched gameplays of it
But if i find a ro i'll play this hack :3 nice work

Ninjutsu95

Bad decisions = Good stories
Years
Fire emblem is one of the greatest games i have ever played in my whole entire lives. er... life. xD
This hack is amazing and GREAT WORK! I love it! WOOOOT! Gotta tell this to all my friends because this is awesome!!!!!!!!

.. have i mentioned that i like this hack?

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
I'm glad to see that people are interested my work :).

This branch of the Elibian Nights advertising was created long after the project was first announced (obviously), so I haven't been able to obsessively update it like the other topics. This "update" may not be anything new to anyone who has followed my work in the past, but let's get pokecommunity up to speed.

I've been working on the next three tales for release v4. Here's Tale 3 pt. 2 screenshots.
poisontrapsen.png
guysucks.png

salvation.png
incaseyoucanttellimmildlydyslexic.png

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Very excellent, I've become quite fond of Fire Emblem hacking. Let's see, is that a female druid animation? Very nice. And the legendary bow is obtainable at some point...

And Erk is a Mage Night/Valkyrie???

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Yes, Erk became a Mage Knight. I wanted more class variety, so Mage Knights, Great Knights, and Halberdiers have entered the Elibian universe.

Oh, I took a look at your username and thought you might enjoy these (screenshots from Tale 7):
awwzealotsinlove.png
zanysain.png

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Ahaha! Maybe he won't suck in this game! I assume that you'll be using something similar to the one Blazer is using in TU for the Halberdier?

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
Looks like this will be a great hack to play for all emblem lovers, I've always wanted to work on one of these myself but never got around to it.

I'm a huge medieval fan too so if you want some suggestions for characters I got plenty.

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
@Zealot: The idea is that this tale takes place while Zealot is in his prime. So yeah, definitely no suckage allowed.

Also, the Halberdier animation I use is not the same Blazer uses for TU. I've got the good fortune of using Mage Knight 404's Halberdier, made for his hack A Sacred Dawn.
Dawson.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
I'm actually a fan of the game Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and i liked the story and the gameplay but this looks like this hack could even be better than that!

btw will this hack make available the class of Myrrh?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Wow excellent! I haven't played Fire Emblem in many years, I look forward to playing this hack!

Although I must admit i was slightly disappointed at first because the second I saw your post here I assumed an epic amalgamation between Pokemon and Fire Emblem...

Either way looks great!

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Inb4 Ninja Caterpie.
Amazing job, I knew that there are still FE hackers out there! I admit that I like your concept, which makes already existing characters blend well with new ones. That way you're not getting bored while playing it and at the same time you have less work to do (obviously, since not 100% of the characters are going to be custom).

I'll be following this closely.

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Good deal then, no sucky Zealot! And you're using MK404's, that one is also pretty good.

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
~Just keep workin', just keep workin'.

backwater-1.png
fightingraiders.png

sykeschat.png
sykes-1.png

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
A Fire Emblem hack!!
Love the screenshots and the gameplay :D

What was your incentive?

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
My incentive is just that's it's a hobby and I enjoy writing and sharing stories.

Anyways, here's one of the hack's more unique features (to the FE series at least): ACHIEVEMENTS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNHogGzdl2I

The hack will feature 20 achievements total (17 with hints visible at the achievement room, 3 hidden).

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
why is it in UPS format?

can you please make one in IPS format? please?

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
The Fire Emblem community has jumped over to the UPS format, which was designed as an improvement to the IPS system for hackers (since IPS wasn't originally made for hacking anyways).

This is a UPS patching tool made by a personal friend of mine. I can't make an IPS patch because the ROM is expanded over 16MB (one of those limitations with IPS patches), and I don't like using stealthpatch's icky and buggy dual-patch system (which is, to my knowledge, the only way for IPS patches to work on files over 16MB). Sorry for all this hacking wonk stuff, but it's hugely beneficial for me to just use the UPS format (heck, it's useful for any hacker, I've got no idea why the archaic IPS is dominant around here). I hope you'll take a moment, download NUPS and then proceed to enjoy the hack :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back