• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
Years
On Pokemon Gold, i had a glitch box, i named the box fire. I had pokemon in there, after a while, i noticed my pokemon having weird names that didn't make sense,my Scizor was named Iro, my trianer name is Hiro, i traded the box and the pokemon except my Scizor, it was Lv. 83, i said id take my chances, oh so i traded the box to Pokemon Stadium 2, eventually, the game lost my saved data and i guess the glitch box was gone, i still dont know how i got it!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
On Pokemon Gold, i had a glitch box, i named the box fire. I had pokemon in there, after a while, i noticed my pokemon having weird names that didn't make sense,my Scizor was named Iro, my trianer name is Hiro, i traded the box and the pokemon except my Scizor, it was Lv. 83, i said id take my chances, oh so i traded the box to Pokemon Stadium 2, eventually, the game lost my saved data and i guess the glitch box was gone, i still dont know how i got it!

Yikes, something like that happened to me too. It was on Gold, and after some years, I found a level 100 Hitmontop (a pokemon I caught/never had in my life, but it helped me complete my dex anyways) in one of my boxes which I believe had an OT of (or maybe nickname, but I know for sure that it was simply) IAN. My OT is BRIAN, so that was odd that it cut off some letters. I think there was a Togetic too named something weird. I could never figure out why it did that. It's a dreadful box that I don't touch. Sorry to hear about your data.

Idk if anyone mentioned this, but there's a glitch to get shiny pokemon in G/S. I forgot where the source is (I believe on youtube), but you need to *almost* save/clone over a pokemon in the PC. You would use the shiny Gyarados and something you what to turn shiny (which you would want the ability to nickname, or else it'll be called Gyarados's name). I did this to get a shiny Eevee, but since Silver's battery died, I haven't done the glitch since.

Lol, my input is based on my memory, but it's usually good when it's about pokemon. :x

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
I heard that if you trade MissingNo. to Gold/Silver/Crystal then sometimes it'll turn into a Stantler or some other 'new' pokemon{at least they were new at the time}.

~Night
Hah I tried trading my Missingno to Pokemon Crystal.
It turned out as a Psyduck with the name ???.
Wouldn't let me trade it though.
I got into the trade room, tried trading, send it was an 'invalid pokemon'.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I dont know if anyone has posted this yet but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQFT1FpQdsc
It really works!

This glitch (Pokémon/Item duplication glitch by switching off while saving) may or may not be linked to what people are reporting above but it certainly had an effect on the Pokémon Gold rom I tested it on.

I did the three starters glitch and also duplicated Togepis holding Everstones. There were 3 or 4 times later in the game when i'd caught a Pokémon, it had transferred to a box on PC and when i'd withdrawn the Pokémon to heal it and then saved properly and switched off, then returned to the game later on I found i'd suddenly duplicated the Pokémon without actually performing the glitch. I got 2 Sandshrews and 2 Lapras and another Pokémon, bizarrely.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Random Gold Glitch: The trainer in Trainer house was called 'Elliot9999999999999999999999' and summoned himself for the fight. Attacking him resulted in crashing...

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
Years
I haven't found any glitches in fire red(The actual game; Not a rom, or a bootleg, or any of that nonsense) except for on the cycling road.

If you go down the middle section of the cycling road then try to go back up, the signs start following you. If you stop(hold B), it goes past you. Then you start again and it lags behind you then goes off screen. If you keep going, all three of the signs up the mid section of the road will follow you for a decreasing number of blocks--three, two, then only one block. Then they will remain in place and won't behave in this manner again until you restart and repeat.

oO... No one believed me until I let them see the moving signs for themselves.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
I haven't been on this thread in months and you guys are still talking about glitch city and the mew glitch? Aren't there any other glitches to talk about? (no, seriously, are there? because all I've heard are missingno, fishing statues, surf through man to get to s.s. anne, mew glitch, glitch city, and changing your name to OLD MAN)

~Night

alexis515148

The shiny pokemon trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2021
I haven't been on this thread in months and you guys are still talking about glitch city and the mew glitch? Aren't there any other glitches to talk about? (no, seriously, are there? because all I've heard are missingno, fishing statues, surf through man to get to s.s. anne, mew glitch, glitch city, and changing your name to OLD MAN)

~Night

Yes there is, since you didnt read my other post on this page,I will quote myself:

...lolwut? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIkP2...e=channel_page Anyway, yes you do need walk thru walls to do this, and yes it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM <-- this is the G/S/C celebi glitch, so you can get celebi without gameshark.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
The japanese games behave quite differently when glitched. I traded a pokemon from red to my japanese yellow and it turned into a missingno. when I sent it out, it would glitch the screen and corrupt the pokemon I was battling. Every time I caught a pokemon they would be a missingno with a pokedex entry of#000. Afterwords, after catching the 6th glitch. the map would become distorted, but this wasn't glitch city. There were random tiles in some places that I could walk over like water, ledges ect. Whenever I tried to save when this happened,the game crashed.

Silver7

Hmph...
Years
Crit. Hit glitch

If you use Focus energy you Lower the chance of a Crit. hit
Explosion, hyper beam, Self-destruct will cut the defence of any pokemon in half before attacking.
that is all i know

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
years ago when i first tried the missing no glitch on my blue version, i tried to use the missing no on pokemon stadium, but this caused the missing no i caught to perminantly become a ditto with an odd moveset...sky attack ect.

i told a friend of mine what happened so he tried it, and he said his turned into a kangiskhan

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
Seeing all these bugs in the game really makes me wonder if the Beta Testers were actually paying attention while playing the game. I also think that they could of crammed a who lot more into to games if they got rid if that junk data. (Unused tile sets, incomplete maps, etc.)

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2009
years ago when i first tried the missing no glitch on my blue version, i tried to use the missing no on pokemon stadium, but this caused the missing no i caught to perminantly become a ditto with an odd moveset...sky attack ect.

i told a friend of mine what happened so he tried it, and he said his turned into a kangiskhan
It's also known to become a Rhydon.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I gave a poikedoll to the ghost, cubones's mother in Pokemon tower in Yellow and I didn't need to bother with silph scope.

I'm assuming it's a glitch cause in lg marowak was still there.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
There is a glitch involving the dude that takes you to brock's gym and if you battle something and decrease a curtain stat you get a strong pokemon in the forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back