• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo vs Darkrai?

Darkrai or Mewtwo?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
Theoretically, Mewtwo would win based on the fact that it's faster and that 154 SpA > 70/90. It can probably OHKO without Specs.

Though Scarfrai might pose problems, you can also Scarf Mewtwo to deal with this and it'll still probably OHKO.

I'm too lazy to do the calculations lol.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2011
mewtwo is suppost to be a clone of mew, who has da dna of every pkmn, hence forth knowin all moves of every type like mew, this is wat i have been lead to believe in the 1st movie and it still hold strong today, except in the game r/b mewtwo didnt learn every move, it couldnt learn like 8 moes or so. if this is true by default mewtwo should win. i vote mewtwo

varial295

A pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2010
isnt darkrai a ghost type to?
i mean it would be confusing but maybe metronome would work out good

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Mewtwo is just amazing plus I think he is a stronger version of the strongest Pokemon (am I right?).

So he definitely wins in this fight.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
Years
I would say that Darkrai would win because of its ability and it's moves Dream Eater, Dark Void, Nightmare, and Hypnosis.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Darkrai.

Type- DARK(Dark pwns Psychic)

Moves: Dark Void, Dream Eater, and if you had the Darkrai from the events Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend.

Dark Void = Makes sense, 80% accurate sleep move.
However, Why would you use Dream Eater? 1) Darkrai doesn't get any STAB from it what-so-ever, and 2) Mewtwo is resistant to Psychic moves anyway.
Better off using STAB SE Dark Pulse instead :)

(lol Icy Wind Darkrai w/ Focus Sash wins over Mewtwo)

darkrai
a)its fastest dark type (besides weavil)
b)mewtwo's psychic based moves arent effective
c)darkrai is cooler ^_^
as for anime, prob. mewtwo, cuz if a cresselia could pwn him, im sure as hell a mewtwo could pwn him

a) Mewtwo is still faster :P
b) Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere grant perfect coverage for Mewtwo, no need for it to hit those silly Psychics in the Uber tier with a STAB not very effective Psychic either.
c) Darkrai looks like those dust bunnies behind my bed, apart from that they are a lot prettier and they doesn't look like they've been bled on.

Mewtwo's psychic. Darkrais dark. Non of Mewtwos psychic attacks would work, and Darkrai would pwn with shadow ball.. Darkrai wins.

^ Mewtwo no want Psychic attacks anyway, and why would Darkrai use a SE Shadow Ball when it has a SE Dark Pulse with STAB at hand? The only reason that I can imagine for using that is the 20% chance for a SDef drop..

Rakki-neko

Zakki Orichalcum
Years
Yes yes, I see all the people arguing Psychic immunity. But Most Mewtwo's are Spec'ed or Life orb or scarfed (takes that if Darkrai was scarfed out of the equation). Its Sp. Atk stat is insane. It has plenty of Hp and Defences. It Gains Aura Sphere (never miss, 90 base, Almost indeed a OHKO) and Focus Blast if Aura sphere wasn't enough. Mewtwo wins in Speed, and in Atk. It would especially win is it ran a sub/Calm mind set (takes out any form of Sleep caused by Darkrai), and he could even pull of a Sub-puncher (for all who don't know, that means Substitute into Focus punch) with its 110 base Atk (which I might add is not too shabby). Finally, Darkrai could only do Dark Void if and only if it got lucky with a Quick Claw (which are out lawed thanks to the Hax item clause) or with a Choice Scarf which would mean it would only use Dark void and eventually lose.
Mewtwo wins.
I rest my case.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Mewtwo is faster than darkrai and has much better sp attack .Darkrai has Dark void+Bad Dreams+Other dangerous moves combo but I think that Mewtwo can win. Mewtwo is faster and a lot stronger in every stat than Darkrai(besides the defenses which are equal). If Mewtwo can hit darkrai with a focus blast then darkrai is gone. And even if darkrai's dark void hits, no trainer would bring his mewtwo to fight darkrai without preparations(like the berry that awakens a pokemon that is sleeping). Mewtwo OWNZ!!

SuperBob

Professor Bob
Years
Mewtwo is better because it's faster than Darkrai and it learns Aura Sphere. If it's EV trained, Darkrai will be dead in a second.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Another Versus, thread. Will they ever end?
I guess not.

But back on topic, to me I like Darkrai more because I'm the type of person that does not like Psychic types and will pick even the worse Pokemon over them

:t354:TG

Back