• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your goals?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I want to lead by Alders example, that strength isn't everything. I know it sounds pathetic and possibly even child-like, but there is a lot to what Alder has said in the anime. I would rather build relationships while I play the game and meet trainers whom talk about Pokemon much the same way these (among other) forums talk about Pokemon.

I will never understand most trainers as they tend to want to rub your face in the ground when they win or prance about. Their goal: to be the best, EV train and become stronger. If you have no goals outside of winning, you're doing it wrong.

My goal is simply to become stronger, of course... but to build relationships too, meeting other trainers, catching most Pokemon, competing (somewhat) and most of all... just enjoy the time that I still find Pokemon fascinating.

Years
I play to train and use my favorites. The storylines always catch me, too, and since it's the first game I really ever got into I could never let it go. There are countless of hours to be spent on training and collecting so I make sure to put in time for both. :)

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
I'm not sure. The only game I've ever completed my pokedex on was Emerald, and that was to get one of the Johto starters with my friends. I like collecting pokemon, and breeding, trading and so on but besides this I just love exploring, playing through the storyline, and training until I get tired of it.

I think in the next gen I may become more serious about training a star team(s), playing through and defeating whatever battle system the region has, and collecting as many pokemon as I can because I lost all I had when my dog chewed up my Pearl. :/

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
My usual goals in each game:

1. Beat story mode with a team of 6.
2. Succeed in all of the battle facilities.
3. Complete sidequests, such as legendaries.

I "caught them all" in Diamond, but it's not really worth doing over in every single cartridge you own, imo.

Back