• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
I tried using a hidesprite command earlier but i got this
'Warning: Unknown command "hidesprite"' in the compiler log, which is what made me think i needed vars in the first place... and i got again using your script >.< , i'm using PKSV

and by level script do u mean the 'setmaptile' script or one the 'on entering map...' scripts in the header view of the map

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I tried using a hidesprite command earlier but i got this
'Warning: Unknown command "hidesprite"' in the compiler log, which is what made me think i needed vars in the first place... and i got again using your script >.< , i'm using PKSV

and by level script do u mean the 'setmaptile' script or one the 'on entering map...' scripts in the header view of the map

Well I thought you were using XSE... Anyway, PKSV and XSE differ in commands.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I'm using Pokemon FireRed and I'm trying to put a Team Aqua member from Pokemon Ruby into Pokemon FireRed via Overworld Sprite Editor Rebirth Edition and I imported the sprites and it shows it normal in the program but when I am in AdvanceMap and I try to put a sprite event on the map, the sprite is like completely different colors, mostly blue like.. if you inverted the color or something. Anyone know why?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I'm using Pokemon FireRed and I'm trying to put a Team Aqua member from Pokemon Ruby into Pokemon FireRed via Overworld Sprite Editor Rebirth Edition and I imported the sprites and it shows it normal in the program but when I am in AdvanceMap and I try to put a sprite event on the map, the sprite is like completely different colors, mostly blue like.. if you inverted the color or something. Anyone know why?

Because in advanced map, the palettes that go with the original sprite will always stick.

For example, let's say I change the first sprites palette to 3, and the original palette for that sprite is 0. When you open the sprite it Advanced map, it will have the palette of 0 and not 3. However, in game, the palette will be correct. This is only an issue for when you are editing, no one else will see this problem.

Le pug

Years
Because in advanced map, the palettes that go with the original sprite will always stick.

For example, let's say I change the first sprites palette to 3, and the original palette for that sprite is 0. When you open the sprite it Advanced map, it will have the palette of 0 and not 3. However, in game, the palette will be correct. This is only an issue for when you are editing, no one else will see this problem.

just proved this, thank you

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
it seems stupid.
But, is it possible if we add more entries in national pokedex gba version?
I want to combine all the pokemon from all generation into one rom without change the original pokemon.
Thank you in advance!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
it seems stupid.
But, is it possible if we add more entries in national pokedex gba version?
I want to combine all the pokemon from all generation into one rom without change the original pokemon.
Thank you in advance!

Currently I don't think you will be able to add all the pokemon from gen4-gen5 into your game, Unless you are really skilled at ASM like Jambo51.

But Jambo51 is making a hack applier that adds a whole wack of stuff to the pokemon fire red game, including all the pokemon from gen4-5, all the moves form gen4-5 and a bunch of other stuff. This doesn't have a release date yet, but I would assume it would be sometime next year because it takes a lot of work.

I would recommend just waiting for one year for Jambo51s hack applier.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267584
Check this out^ it explains it all.

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Haven't been around here in a while.
How would I go about creating a gust of wind, if the player gets in it's line of sight, will be pushed back without the player moving? How would I also make it so that things in front of the player (like a barrier) will negate the wind's effects, as long as they are behind it?

GoGoJJTech

Years

Plus oweditor rebirth is extremely old. NSE is way better than it.

Le pug

Years
Plus oweditor rebirth is extremely old. NSE is way better than it.

You say that but I don't see any way of importing my sprites I edit in NSE back into the game, like the only purpose of it seems to be to just edit the palettes of the sprites

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Haven't been around here in a while.
How would I go about creating a gust of wind, if the player gets in it's line of sight, will be pushed back without the player moving? How would I also make it so that things in front of the player (like a barrier) will negate the wind's effects, as long as they are behind it?

Umm, sliding tiles effects. It will be complicated but it would essentially be the down arrows in Mossdeep's gym in ruby. Just a lot of those, but of course without the arrows.

You say that but I don't see any way of importing my sprites I edit in NSE back into the game, like the only purpose of it seems to be to just edit the palettes of the sprites

NSE CLASSIC, not 2.X. Those are two completely different programs, both with their own genius uses.:p NSE Classic has the same interface as OWERE, but is far newer.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
gogojjtech thanks for the help earlier btw, really appreciate it :)

btw does anyone else know the hidesprite command for PKSV??

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
i'd rather not having to keep switching back n fourth between the two, cause i quite like PKSV, there must be a way to do it plus everytime i download XSE i get this error message after i open it >.<... hmm but maybe i'll try it again for this script >.<

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I want to add several tiles to my FireRed tileset, but I don't wanna remove the Nintendo ones. Is there any way to get more space for tiles in a tileset, or are you limited to the size they have by default?

I really would love to be able to get more treetiles, as I use a lot of trees in my maps.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I want to add several tiles to my FireRed tileset, but I don't wanna remove the Nintendo ones. Is there any way to get more space for tiles in a tileset, or are you limited to the size they have by default?

I really would love to be able to get more treetiles, as I use a lot of trees in my maps.

Normally you shouldn't use advance map 1.95, but using it is the only way you can expand a tileset. So do it for that and then go to 1.92! :P

Le pug

Years
Normally you shouldn't use advance map 1.95, but using it is the only way you can expand a tileset. So do it for that and then go to 1.92! :P

My question is how do you expand it.. because on some tilesets for tileset 2, I'll go under Block Editor > Blocks > Change amount

and there will be a set maximum sometimes like 382 or 512... how do I increase this number to what I personally want?

GoGoJJTech

Years
The set maximum is the limit the GBA can handle. So you need to keep them. Also, there's nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with overwriting gamefreak's tiles. Plus they're really bad. Especially RS tiles

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Also, there's nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with overwriting gamefreak's tiles. Plus they're really bad. Especially RS tiles

Well if you're going to use them, then it's dumb to overwrite them. I won't be using all the tiles, but I won't be making totaly new ones either. This is not my first time using AdvanceMap, but this is my first real attempt at making a hack from scratch. It wont be good, but it will be a fun journey!

I'm afraid to remove tiles that I might have to use later.

Le pug

Years
Is there a way to change the multiple choice answers for POKEMON RUBY i.e. Yes / No to Left / Right or Thanks / No Thanks or more options?

I know there is a Multichoice Editor for Fire Red... but I need this for Ruby. Any way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back