• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Wild Blaze Set/Next English Set News and Speculation!

Years
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wild_Blaze_(TCG)

So, thanks to Profen's link the the Quick Questions thread, I have learned that the next Japanese set has been announced and will feature Charizard X, with a companion deck being released alongside it featuring Charizard Y. Anyone excited by this news? Anyone hoping the Mega Charizard cards live up to their potential? Any other Mega Evolutions you hope get released in this set?

Any other thoughts?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I hope that many of the cards' artworks will feature Kalos landmarks and not just recognizable areas (like routes). I'm sure the M Charizard cards won't disappoint, especially since Megas are stronger than their normal forms in the games. A Fighting type M Blaziken and Dragon type M Ampharos would be perfect but M Houndour wouldn't be surprising with the name Wild Blaze.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I'm hoping for Charizard Y to have some sort of ability that increases fire attacks by some amount. Like 20 or 10 damage. Or maybe just reducing water type damage before weakness/resist is calculated.

I kinda hope they change the ruling to 1 Mega card per deck. Since in the VG its only 1 mega stone per team. I cant imagine why they wouldnt since they did make Ace Specs.

As for my wants for pokemon. I really hope they print Mega Heracross soon. I want my Bug deck!!!

Years
M Ampharos and M Heracross would be cool, but I think we'll see those in a later Japanese set that's not named Wild Blaze, which means we might not see them in English until August, unless we get some Mega Evolutions in English first, which doesn't often happen with any cards, let alone set movers like Mega Evolutions.

I doubt they'll change the ruling, but I think a limitation on them would be good for balance, otherwise they'll just run amok all over the format.

Years
Now, per Serebii, the set has an official name that has been announced by European distributors! It appears that it will be called Flashfire, since it'll be based off of Wild Blaze and feature both Mega Charizard forms.

Years
Per BulbaNews, there's been a lot of news for the set released over the last ten days for both English and Japanese while I've been busy with hosting parties and digging out from obnoxious snowfalls.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/April's_CoroCoro_Ichiban!_previews_Wild_Blaze_Pyroar

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flashfire_booster_art,_Garchomp-EX_Box_revealed

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/434788012539396096/photo/1

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_both_Mega_Charizard-EX

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Official_site_recognizes_Wild_Blaze

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PokeCollection_reveals_Flashfire_Theme_Decks

This set is shaping up to be far more interesting than the base XY set was. I mean, we've got a full art Trainer confirmed already!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Yeah a few cards i really want are. Of course the FA Supporter.

Sacred Ash seems pretty good when super rod cycles.

Also that M Charizard X is super funny. 5 energy for 300 damage and then discard 5 cards from your deck. Thats super sad...

I'm looking forward to dragons being weak to fairy. But it seems like dragons dont supereffect anything again.

Also the catcher Via Supporter is a pretty good idea. Makes catcher viable but not super accessable as before. It also isnt blocked by goth/trevenant so you can get that pokemon out of the active. That is a card that i would exchange skyla for when she cycles out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I wonder what lead them to choose Heliosk as a featured deck, it strikes me as such an unappealing Pokémon haha. Meowstic's a cool one but I'm not sold on the Electric deck at all. Do we know anything more about the decks bar those two featured families?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I kind of like the idea of that electric lizard being good. For all you know it will act as an energy accelerator for electric. Bringing back all those electric decks that no long work. Being only a 1st step could make a it worth it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Though dusknoir was evil. Well get ready to meet dusknoir version 2.0.

Meostic
90 Hp (Level ball searchable)
Stage 1 for P energy:
Move as many damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon to his or her other Pokémon in any way you like.

Granted its not an ability. But that could be even better. Not stopped by garbodor. If i change the 1-1 line in my Sinister Scream deck instead of dusknoir. It frees up space, removes the reliance on rare candy, and is not affected by garbotoxin. This card can completely change Accelgor/Trev decks into something even more scary with a nice dusknoir substitution. That Virizion Ex giving you trouble, got a switch/float stone/some way to retreat and 1 P energy. not anymore. As a bonus, its not weak to dark. Though with only 90 hp it probably wont matter.

Also Khangaskhan is amazing.
180 Hp colorless
C for triple draw. Draw 3 cards.
CCC for 70 + 30 on a flip.

M Khangaskhan
230 Hp
CCC for 100 + 30 per flip. Flip until you get tails.

You want more? Of course you do. Ex a problem for you? Of course they are.
Meet...
Pyroar
110 Hp stage 1
Ability: Prevent all damage and effects done to this pokemon by basic pokemon.

Fighting a dark deck with no garbodor. Well prepare to win. Cause you do. Fighting a team plasma deck? Nearly the same thing. Fighting a Fairy deck? Once again you win. Bring a couple of tool scrapper and the new Supporter Lysander to prevent Garbodor Shenanigans. And you win. Say good bye to all the big basic decks that dont run garbodor. Cause this card will destroy them all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Idk about blastoise. I feel like Empoleon would just get even more scary since so many decks that focus around Big basics will just not be as usable anymore. With hitting up to 120 + muscle band can scare away a lot of decks as it is.

But at the same time, with Yevltal being in the format. There will be tons of electric attacker techs to deal with it. Which will then also deal with empoleon.

I think the deck to watch out for after this will once again be Accelgor. Being that fairy decks will have to definitely be changed and may not even be possible with out heavy reliance on big basics. And Virizion Ex decks will also have issues since their main attackers are all big basic pokemon.

Either way i think a funny combination of pokemon for a deck would be Pyroar and Trevenant. Because if your opponent is heavy in basic, use pyroar. If they focus on popping out rare candy or garbodor. Then use Trevenant in the active. After that throw in an attacker that retreats after attacking to keep your locks in play.

Years
I think Blastoise will do very well just because of all anti-Yveltal techs likely to be going on, since the core of that deck is weak to Grass and it basically is an auto-pilot deck like most Rain Dance archetype decks are. Which is probably what gave rise to Virizion and other grass type builds that could be set fire by Pyroar's entry into the format.

I'm not so sold on Accelgor even though it's a hit-and-run type Pokemon, since if Pyroar's burning up the format it could sneak a KO or two given its Fire typing that takes advantage of Accelgor's weakness.

The big issue with Pyroar/Trevenant is the 110 HP they each have. That could pose problems in longer games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Okay more super exciting news for the next set.

First off Pokemon Fan Club (Supporter)
180px-PokémonFanClubWildBlaze87.jpg

"Search your deck for up to 2 Baby Pokémon and/or Basic Pokémon cards and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."
Say goodbye to call for family and hello Pokemon Fan Club. The next set of supporters are just amazing. I fear garbodor even less now. Trainer lock isnt going to be as deadly anymore. Also could this mean that baby pokemon are coming back?

Fun new evolution line: Butterfree
180px-CaterpieWildBlaze1.jpg
180px-MetapodWildBlaze2.jpg
180px-ButterfreeWildBlaze3.jpg

The attacks aren't super impressive. But the ability is.
"This Pokémon can evolve the turn you play it (including the first turn)."
Meaning turn 1 Butterfree is possible. Bad deck here i come!

Years
Okay more super exciting new for the next set.

First off:Pokemon Fan Club (Supporter)
180px-PokémonFanClubWildBlaze87.jpg

"Search your deck for up to 2 Baby Pokémon and/or Basic Pokémon cards and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."
Say goodbye to call for family and hello Pokemon Fan Club. The next set of supporters are just amazing. I fear garbodor even less now. Trainer lock isnt going to be as deadly anymore. Also could this mean that baby pokemon are coming back?

Fun new evolution line: Butterfree
180px-CaterpieWildBlaze1.jpg
180px-MetapodWildBlaze2.jpg
180px-ButterfreeWildBlaze3.jpg

The attacks aren't super impressive. But the ability is.
"This Pokémon can evolve the turn you play it (including the first turn)."
Meaning turn 1 Butterfree is possible. Bad deck here i come!

I know what deck I'm running next season! Potential for 70 damage turn 2 is solid. Any word on whether Quiver Dance's wording will allow you to search out DCEs? I'm inclined to think it will, but I'm not certain. The rapid evolving will give players who remember it flashback nightmares to the BTS era, haha. I'm thinking 4 Professor's Letter and 4 Energy Search should provide the most consistency. Maybe when combined with Ninetales DRX, this will make a surprise visit at BRs and Nats and do "unexpectedly" well.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I feel like the wording might be incorrect. It will probably be basic energy. But if not. Thats pretty funny. I will be a bug pokemon trainer yet again. My thoughts on a deck are something like.

Pokemon:
4-2/3-4 Butterfree
1 Virizion Ex
2 Tropius
1/2 Kyurem/water type
1 Mewtwo

Trainer:
4 Juniper
2/3 N
2/3 Shauna
2 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Bianca (Must run for FA awesomeness)
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Muscle Band
2 Silver Bangle

Energy:
8 Grass
4 Double Colorless

+9ish cards

I feel like energy search is kind of a waste. Since you only need 1 grass to do it, and if i dont run skyla. I dont run energy search. The energy search might as well be another energy instead, incase of trainer lock. And professors letter doesnt really do much without energy acceleration from hand or discard. It actually works against this decks style of energy acceleration. By taking energy from the deck to hand instead of placing them on pokemon.

I kind of want to run this with abomasnow to have a water attacker w/ status immunities. Bang heads with muscle band for OHKO on most fire types. Aside from Mega Charizard. But i am completely fine risking the confusion for the prize trade.

Years
I kind of like Abomasnow better than Kyurem in this since it can do a more consistent damage amount to Fire types without needing damage on itself. Shame neither Keldeo is worth splashing. And I think a 4-3-4 line would probably be your best bet for Butterfree.

EDIT: Looks like most of the set has been leaked as of March 7th, and seems the full set information is online since the set released this past Saturday in Japan: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wild_Blaze_leaks_online

Will The Pokemon Company bring over the entire set all at once?

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Pokemon XY Flashfire?

So sorry Can't stop Posting, I was looking at the threads in the TCG section most of the post which fill the sections are mine! Please forgive me.
The news has been out for a long amount of time, but since I never saw a post about it here or a discussion thread so, here it is XY Flashfire Set Known Facts:
Release date is 7th of May.
More than a 100 cards.
M Charizard Y!!!
XY2_EN_13.png

M Charizard X!!!!!!! (Double WOW!)
XY2_EN_69.png

"Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire Expansion:
New Mega Evolution Pokémon—The expansion features two powerful versions of Mega Charizard-EX (one Fire type, one Dragon type) and more

Five new Pokémon-EX cards—Charizard-EX leads the charge of powerful new Pokémon-EX to battle with

New Pokémon—Over 25 Pokémon from the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games appear in the XY—Flashfire expansion

15 new Trainer cards—New Item, Supporter, and Stadium cards bring increased depth and player strategy to competitive battles"

Last edited:
Back