• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W music!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so as we all know, B/W had the best music in any game (although that could easily be debated lmao), so which were your favourite tracks?

AND what tracks do you think sounded better in BW than in B2W2? (Since some were remixed a little!) What do you think the music in these games was inspired by? Which track can you listen to over and over without going insane? And do these games have the best music in all the land (feel free to discuss this point as much as you'd like, in fact)? n___n Discuss!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Maybbee not the best music in the land of all gaming because skyward sword but definitely the best overall in Pokemon imo! The ones that I like are the Castle, N spotting you, N battle, Plasma grunt, credits, rival, and elite four! I realize that's like all of them but they're the best! I like mostly ones that are fast paced, and BW definitely had the most fast paced music out of all the games imo.

I think they just wanted to make the music different to match the new feeling of the region! I can't answer the b2w2 question as I haven't played it, but I'm sure they all sound awesome.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
My choice: Rival battle, Legendary battle, N battle, Final N battle, Ghestis battle, Team Plasma battle, Team Plasma encounter, E4 battle.

It certainly does have pretty good songs, but I can't really remember the rest (like towns etc). But I have to say that I prefer BW2's updated sountrack. Unique gym themes bought me.

But I'm not really sure if it has the best Pokemon soundtrack. While the Rival battle is my favorite, the Rival encounter songs were better in the first two Gens IMO. And I prefer RSE's Wild battle over BW's Wild battle. Nevertheless, the sountrack is still awesome.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Wrong, BW hasn't the best musics among all the fantastic Pokémon games, but it has great soundtracks. I don't really like the battle themes to tell the truth. Those from previous games were better to my mind.
However, the city songs were very good. I love Drifteil's theme. Yes, I know, it's not the most elaborated soundtrack, but... I love it. It drives me on a good mood. Village bridge's sound is also very beautiful, it's calming.
And my favourite one's the awesome N's castle music. It's a real delight for ears, and has something totally epic.

Years
I wouldn't say it had the best since each generation had it's good and bad, but BW's soundtrack was really good. I liked Accumula town, Icirrus city, Ghetsis's theme, the dreamyard, and the rival's themes.

I can't answer the BW vs B2W2 question as I haven't really heard any of the music. I think the music was less "inspired by something" and more of a new take on old things. (a desert, the first route, rival battles, the ice town etc) If it had to be inspired by anything, it was definitely inspired by the environment. (as it always is I guess lol) Nimbasa's music is for Nimbasa only, it wouldn't fit in say Driftveil or Castelia. I felt they did an exceptional job with that in these games.

I'd have to say Icirrus's theme at the moment, but it changes. I wouldn't say they have the BEST music in all the land, I mean, the Mario bros theme is pretty damn good, and I don't even play Mario too often so...
Also, some of the Harry Potter games have some rockin' beats. ^_^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like pretty much all of the battling themes. In the overworld, I like the theme Celestial Tower/Dragonspiral Tower/Giant Chasm because of how mysterious it sounds

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Yeah, I'd have to disagree with the idea that BW had anywhere near the best music of the series thus far. Don't get me wrong, the music was incredible in BW, but GSC/HGSS holds the title for not only the best Pokemon series soundtrack, but the best original soundtrack of any video game, in my opinion (possibly with the exception of Super Mario Bros. 3 and LOZ: Ocarina of Time).

I absolutely loved the bike music, and the Castelia City and Opelucid City themes. Those were phenomenal pieces of music. They really brought out the brightness in the games and sounded very similar in style to some of the Gen I/II music (the bike theme reminds me of the Prime Cup Masterball Semifinal music in Pokemon Stadium, which is one of my all time favourite tracks from the entire series).

But yeah, BW had a pretty good soundtrack. I'd say it's probably on the same level as the music from DPPt, but completely outclassed by the first three generations, especially Gen II/the Gen II remakes in Gen IV.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Apart from Team plasma's theme, The Gym Leader battle theme was the best in my opinion.

It's been a favourite of me for 2 years now.

Years
My favorite music from Black and White:

Team Plasma Grunt Battle Theme
Elite Four Battle Theme
Celestial Tower/Dragonspiral Tower/Giant Chasm
Opelucid City (White Version)
Nacrene City
Dreamyard/Moor Of Icirrus/Pinwheel Forest
Village Bridge
Undella Town (all seasons other than Summer)
Bicycle Theme
Ghetsis Battle Theme
N Battle Theme (Final)
N Farewell Theme

The Team Plasma Grunt battle theme is my absolute fave cos it sounds so epic. I mean, it sounds so awesome I literally hum to it!

Years
I'm a huge fan of the gym leader battle music, but I love most of the town's themes (except Undella during the fall, winter, and spring) and the e4 battle music. Also, N's battle music is a masterpiece.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
My favorites: Team Plasma battle theme, the final N battle music, the gym leader battle music, and the rival battle music.

Though, I don't think Pokemon BW had the best music in the series. Some of the songs sounded dull, like the trainer battle in my opinion. Plus, to me, all of the tracks in BW that were remixed sounded better in BW2, not the other way around.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Pokémon Black and White had some of the best music that I have ever heard from a video game. Whether it be Castelia City, Route 10, etc, I found and still find it very hard to play without the sound on. I remember when I first got the games and I just left them on while I was on Route 10, just to listen to the music.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
These "what's your favourite" threads are so difficult to me... Despite I like many songs in B/W, there's one that stands out and I personally love it. In Nimbasa City, the first time you visit the Musical Theater and then you come out of it, you find Bianca and her father, who is trying to convince Bianca to get back home, and that song starts playing. This is the most emotional moment in the games, and speaking of emotional, the song is called "Emotion".

TeeheeLP

Programmer
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
My favorite is by far the team Plasma battle theme. It always gets me in that fighting mood!

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Favorite music
N's Castle
N Final Battle
Ghetsis Battle
Zekrom Battle
Dragonspiral Tower
Victory Road
Pokèmon League
Elite Four Battle
Champion Battle
Legendary Battle
Team Plasma Battle
Bicycle music
Surf Music
N's childhood room music

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
N's childhood room music

Really, I found that so creepy. I wouldn't listen to it over and over, but it is good in that it's different from the other music actually in the castle lmao.

Back