• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Probably not, but I think generally you should pay for what you consume.

Excellent motto. When will you be donating to PokeCommunity, something you consume? I might match the donation.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 5, 2018
I've been here for so long and it's just... I'm not giving money... Lucid stingy

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Do you think Spotify is going to go out of business because Sawsbuck blocks their ads?
Tragedy of the commons dear
if saws gets to use that logic then everyone gets to use that logic, and if everyone used that logic spotify would go out of business
it's a good service that's well worth paying for tbh.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
im glad i get to avoid this entire ordeal by receiving spotify premium for free as a perk for working at starbucks

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
aw that poor billion dollar corporation, who will think of the shareholders
it sure is unethical :/

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
i feel like there are people on pc who would support amazon buying a country

Years
Jeff Bezos could probably own more than a single country, he could probably own a whole archipelago of island nations.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
the whole pay for what you consume, does that mean people who can't afford food or medicine should just die?

Generally speaking. What I said shouldn't be universally applied... there are obviously many counterexamples. For example, if your country has programs for food stamps, healthcare, etc, then you are obviously entitled to the benefits by being a citizen. I believe that individuals have a moral obligation to help out others (within reason of course).

What I meant was that I disagree with using ad blockers when listening to Spotify because that is how Spotify receives revenue. Or pirating music/movies/games/etc. I'm not judging anyone that does those things or anything. I dont care. And what I said should certainly not extend to me wanting people to die.

Years
I see, I find the adblocker I use only works sometimes anyway, I keep forgetting to try a new one out.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Every so often mine lets through promoted tweets on Twitter and I get so confused.

Vragon

But in all seriousness, ads are kinda used for their advertising and all. I mean, there are methods to do it, but even then I don't think Saws would use Spotify enough or be enough of advertising hassle to put them out of business.

I wonder when youtube will stop trying to kill itself and telling peeps to stay back as it continues to just be blegh. (I mean, it does have entertaining value, but a lot of issues do arise)

I wonder if anyone else here has tried youtube or made a channel, besides Herolink?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
the poor multibillion dollar companies who exist outside of ethical constraints :( how will they survive with my own flawed ethics :(

Reactions: EC

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Perfectly Inserted Vragon Thread Cameo!
But in all seriousness, ads are kinda used for their advertising and all. I mean, there are methods to do it, but even then I don't think Saws would use Spotify enough or be enough of advertising hassle to put them out of business.

I wonder when youtube will stop trying to kill itself and telling peeps to stay back as it continues to just be blegh. (I mean, it does have entertaining value, but a lot of issues do arise)

I wonder if anyone else here has tried youtube or made a channel, besides Herolink?

I think Kikaito Plush has a youtube channeling with animation stuff if I'm not mistaken.

No doubt an individual blocking ads cant exactly put an entire - as Her mentioned - multibillion dollar corporation. Nevertheless, the wealth of a business does not justify unethical behavior. Not that its really that unethical. I mean, its really just a few bucks realistically. I dont think its possible to make an ethical or moral judgement over a few bucks.

Years
I know my thing is I tend to put up an adblocker and then forget I have it running, so unless a site puts up a notice about whitelisting I always forget to do so. :X

In regards to Spotify, while I've tried the adblocker trick myself and eventually stopped because I felt weird doing so, I'm also surprised they let you get away with it in the first place. There's another music service I use from time to time (that's also more website-based, as far as I know, so that might be the difference) where you have to have your adblocker off or they won't even play music for you until you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back