• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokemon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Virtual Pokemon Pet

Welcome to the VPP, a time-honored activity of the old PE2K where you raise a virtual Pokemon while you post on the forum.
Created by: The Elite Ygseto & Omis
Getting Started

Basic Mechanics
  • VPP Pokemon start out as an egg. They hatch after 15 posts are made.
  • VPP Pokemon will take a grand total of 175 posts to reach level 100.
  • Once a VPP Pokemon reaches level 100, it is sent to your Hall of Fame and you may raise a new VPP.
  • Make a post here in the VPP Breeder Stats thread to keep track of your Pokemon, Items and Points.

Joining
To join and receive your very own VPP, if you have at least 10 posts, just make a new post filling out the following form:
Name:
Pokemon:
Northern or Southern Hemisphere:

Simply fill that out in a new post in this thread and you should be all set.

Rules
  • No cheating, obviously.
  • Don't copy/steal the VPP for your own or another forum.
  • You may not calculate your own VPP numbers.
  • No free VPPs based on your current post count.

First Steps
After you have made a post in this thread with the completed form, please wait for me to calculate your post count.
After you have been accepted, you are recommended to make a post in the VPP Breeder Stats thread to track your progress and record your completed VPPs. It's recommended to place a link to your stats post in your signature. In addition, you may choose to display your current VPP in your signature.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask in this thread! (Though check out the next section first! )

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I view my VPP stats in a single post?
A: Click the bold and underlined number in the top right-hand corner of your post. That will link you to a page with only that post.

Q: How do I link to my VPP stats post in my signature?
A: Copy the single post URL of your stats post and paste in into your signature. Before the URL, place the following segment of code: [URL="URL Code here"]Title Here[/URL]

Q: Can I use a Pokemon as a requirement more than once?
A: Yes, yes can. However, a Pokemon may not be re-used on the same set of requirements

Q: If I have a dual-type VPP, what type does it count as when counting towards requirements?
A: It counts for either type, you choose. However, a dual-type Pokemon only counts for one type in a set of requirements, not both.

Q: What if I don't want my Pokemon to evolve?
A: That's alright; you just need to state that you don't want it to evolve, otherwise when I figure out your numbers it will be counted as fully evolved. This is because some Pokemon will change types when they evolve.

Q: Can my VPP be shiny/special colored?
A: Yes but there are only certain ways you can get them.

Q: Can a Legendary be used to obtain another Legendary/other requirement Pokemon?
A: Yes, once completed it can be used as a regular Pokemon for requirements.

Special Pokemon
There are certain Pokemon that have special requirements to obtain and raise. Some of these Pokemon also have their own set of mechanics that differ from regular VPPs.

Shiny Pokemon
Shiny Pokemon used to be something you could get freely but recently we added a bit of a twist. With the Rainbow Stone, you can use it to up your chances by 10%. The base chance to get a shiny is 25%. The second way to get a shiny Pokemon is completing a Challenge. We will roll a 100-sided dice and any number 25 or below gets you a shiny.

Master Pokemon
Once you have completed 10 full VPPs you reach VPP Master Status. When you reach this status, you may choose one of any Pokemon (other than a Legendary or a Pair/Set) to add to your completed collection without any post requirement. These Master Pokemon may count towards the 10 VPPs between Legendary Pokemon. For every 10 full VPPs you complete, you may obtain another Master Pokemon.

Birthday Pokemon
Happy Birthday! You know it comes once a year. So how about once a year you get to claim a Pokemon as a birthday gift for getting another year older. It will work like the Master Pokemon where you can claim ONE Non-Legendary Pokemon to add to your collection. You will also get 100 points as well. So 1 Pokemon and 100 points for your birthday....woooooo. Just let me know when your birthday is and you'll get your gifts. Just so you know though, you will have the week of your birthday to claim your gifts; after that, you'll have to wait until next year.

Unown
Unown are special and require only 100 posts to complete. To raise one, you must have first raised one other VPP. Unown may be used towards requirements, but only 1 Unown may be used in each set. Only 1 Unown counts towards the 10 VPPs you must complete before raising another Legendary and towards Master Status.

Mega Pokemon
These are a little bit tougher because you will need to buy a Mega Ring and then the Mega Stone for whatever Pokemon you'd like. They will take 200 posts to complete. These are considered to be a different Pokemon so you will have to raise it like any other Pokemon. You can't use them on Pokemon you already have.​

Legendary Pokemon
  • Legendary VPPs hatch at level 50 and gain a level every 5 posts. This means it takes a total of 250 posts to complete a Legendary (15 to hatch, 235 to reach level 100).
  • In order to raise a Legendary VPP, you must raise other Pokemon first. Each Legendary has a unique set of 3 type requirements that must be fulfilled in order to obtain the Legendary.
  • Ultra Beasts require at least ONE Legendary Pokemon.
  • You may claim a Legendary via PMing Caite-chan once you have completed 2 of the 3 requirements. You may only claim a Legendary if it will be your next VPP (THAT MEANS WORKING ON YOUR FINAL REQUIREMENT OR LAST OF 10 POKEMON BEFORE TAKING YOUR NEXT LEGENDARY). Once you have successfully completed the requirements for a Legendary, you may begin raising it.
  • When you have completed a Legendary Pokemon, you must finish 10 full VPPs until you can obtain another one.

Spoiler:

To obtain a Legendary once you meet the requirements, please PM Caite-chan with a link to your VPP Breeder Stats post.

Pairs & Sets
Some Pokemon have the option to come in pairs or sets. A pair of Pokemon takes 3 posts to level up, for a total of 300 posts instead of 400 to do them separately. Pairs and sets all count as a single VPP for requirements and completed VPP totals.
Solrock & Lunatone, Illumise & Volbeat, Gorebyss & Huntail, Ninjask & Shedinja, Slowbro & Slowking, Poliwrath & Politoed, Vileplume & Bellossom, Beautifly & Dustox, Plusle & Minun, Butterfree & Beedrill, Wormadam & Mothim, West Gastrodon & East Gastrodon, Magikarp & Feebas, Solosis & Gothita, Spritzee & Swirlix, Clauncher & Skrelp, Inkay & Binacle, Tyrunt & Amaura, Pumpkaboo & Phantump

Some pairs/sets have special requirements, listed below.
Cradily & Armaldo - Req : 1 Rock
3 Tyrouges (Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop) - Req : 2 Fighting
Nidoran Male & Nidoran Female - Req : 1 Poison or 1 Ground
Omastar & Kabutops - Req : 1 Rock or 1 Water
Espeon & Umbreon - Req : 1 Psychic or 1 Dark
Leafeon & Glaceon - Req : 1 Grass or 1 Ice
Tauros & Miltank - Req : 1 Normal
Froslass & Glalie - Req : 1 Ice
Gallade & Gardevoir - Req : 1 Psychic
Bastiodon & Rampardos - Req : 1 Rock
Hippopotas(M) & Hippopotas(F) - Req : 1 Ground
Red-Striped Basculin & Blue-Striped Basculin - Req : 1 Water
Escavalier & Accelgor - Req : 1 Bug
Sawk & Throh - Req : 1 Fighting
Spritzee & Swirlix - Req : 1 Fairy
Clauncher & Skrelp - Req : 1 Water
Inkay & Binacle - Req : 1 Dark or 1 Rock
Tyrunt & Amaura - Req : 1 Rock
Pumpkaboo & Phantump - Req : 1 Ghost​

If you have already completed one VPP from a pair and wish to complete the pair, make a post claiming so. The second VPP will level up each post and will only take 100 posts to complete (5 to hatch at level 5, 95 to reach level 100).

Challenges
Always nice to have a challenge, right? You can do one or you can do all. And more will be added as time goes on.

• You can use your VPPs towards both challenges and Legendary Pokemon but only ONCE. Example: If you use Carnivine for the Team Rocket James challenge you can NOT use it for any other challenge.
  • To complete a challenge you need to raise 6 Pokemon. Some challenges may have more but you only need to raise 6 Pokemon.
  • Fully evolved Pokemon will count. Example: You have an Arcanine but James only had a Growlithe. Arcanine still counts because you in theory raised a Growlithe.
  • Complete a challenge will earn you ONE free Non-Legendary/Ultra Beast Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Seasonal Pokemon
Here you can raise Pokemon for only 150 posts. The catch is it depends on what season it is. Dual Pokemon do NOT count for double; it's one or the other. Two seasons will go at once. For example Summer for the Northern hemisphere and Winter for the Southern hemisphere. Also, Legendaries do NOT count for this.

Summer: (June, July, August --- December, January, February)
Fire, Ground, Electric, Poison, Steel

Fall/Autumn: (September, October, November --- March, April, May)
Dark, Rock, Dragon, Ghost

Winter: (December, January, February --- June, July, August)
Ice, Fairy, Water, Psychic, Normal

Spring: (March, April, May --- September, October, November)
Grass, Bug, Flying, Fighting​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
~ MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Time to watch the snow fall while sitting by the fireplace and drinking hot cocoa. For the month of December, you can gather all the Ice types you can.

Legendary Pokemon do NOT qualify for these events.

Ice Types are the ones that qualify for this event!

Pure Types - 100 posts
Duel Types - 125 posts
Themed Pokemon - 150 posts
*Themed Pokemon are ones that don't fit the type but fit the theme.

Themed Pokemon: Deerling/Sawsbuck, Staryu/Starmie, Stantler

The VPP Shope
We all know you want to start buying things right? Well here you can. It's rather small for the moment as we test this out. Prices will be next to each item.

Mega Stones:
Spoiler:

Other Items:
Spoiler:

VPP Points
You all get points now for completing you VPP's. These points can be used to buy items in the VPP Shope.

Normal: 60
Seasonal: 50
Legendary: 90
Ultra Beast: 100
Master: 10
Mega: 80
Alola: 60
Pair: 70
Unown: 20

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
The News Post​
Here you can find all news and updates in this post.​

6/13/2018 - Here is the new and improved thread for VPP. I've added a few things since the old thread. And here I will update when things are added or changed.​

6/15/2018 - I've added something I've been meaning to add and yet keep forgetting. You may now claim a Birthday gift Pokemon in VPP. Along with 100 points as well.​

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Yesss! :D
Now to receive my Shinx egg!

Name: Hyzenthlay
Pokemon: Shinx
Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Southern

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Yesss! :D
Now to receive my Shinx egg!

Name: Hyzenthlay
Pokemon: Shinx
Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Southern

YAY! First one to jump in the fun. :D

Shinx @ 3,831
Hatch @ 3,846
Shinx @ Level 100: 4,006
Shiny: No

Don't forget to start your Breeder Stats

Forgot to post mine...lol. I'll be taking Garbodor for my first one.

Trubbish @ 1,500
Hatch @ 1,515
Garbodor @ Level 100: 1,650

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
This looks pretty fun. Count me in!

Name: HyperMorian
Pokemon: Darumaka
Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Northern

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
This looks cool, count me in!

Name: Lycanthropy
Pokemon: Sandshrew!

I'm a bit confused by this sentence though. So 15 for hatching the an egg at level 5, plus one for the next 95 levels makes 110 posts, I think?
Da Rules said:
VPP Pokemon gain a level every post you make, for a grand total of 175 posts to reach level 100.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
This looks pretty fun. Count me in!

Name: HyperMorian
Pokemon: Darumaka

Darumaka @ 2,982
Hatch @ 2,997
Darmanitan @ Level 100: 3,132
Shiny: Yes

Congrats on rolling the first shiny. :D

This looks cool, count me in!

Name: Lycanthropy
Pokemon: Sandshrew!

I'm a bit confused by this sentence though. So 15 for hatching the an egg at level 5, plus one for the next 95 levels makes 110 posts, I think?

I looked at that and must of had a derp moment. I know back in the day when we had it on PE2K I think you needed 300 posts to complete a Pokemon. After I took it over I lowered the numbers depending on where VPP was and how active the forums are. I mean if the community is somewhat active it might take you awhile to complete it and you may get tired of the same Pokemon after 6 months. With a lot of the stuff I've added I've had to mess with the numbers to make it more user friendly.

Sandshrew @ 9,360
Hatch @ 9,375
Sandslash @ Level 100: 9,510

Don't forget to start your Breeder Stats posts!

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
I looked at that and must of had a derp moment. I know back in the day when we had it on PE2K I think you needed 300 posts to complete a Pokemon. After I took it over I lowered the numbers depending on where VPP was and how active the forums are. I mean if the community is somewhat active it might take you awhile to complete it and you may get tired of the same Pokemon after 6 months. With a lot of the stuff I've added I've had to mess with the numbers to make it more user friendly.

Ohh I see, thanks for clearing that up! :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Ooh, ooh! I'd like to join in too, please! :D

Name: Epilogue
Pok?mon: Rowlet <3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Ooh, ooh! I'd like to join in too, please! :D

Name: Epilogue
Pok?mon: Rowlet <3

Rowlet @ 8,988
Hatch @ 9,003
Decidueye @ Level 100: 9,163

Don't forget to start your Breeder Stats post!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
This was something I've been meaning to do but keep on forgetting till just now.

BIRTHDAY POKEMON IN VPP as of 6/15/18
You can now claim your Birthday gifts in VPP. You'll get ONE Non-Legendary Pokemon and 100 points. Don't worry if you've already had your birthday this year you can still claim one but from here on out you'll have the week of your birthday to claim them.

Lycanthropy

Years
My birthday was back in January, which was technically this year. :] And what would be a better gift than claiming a free Vanillite? :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
My birthday was back in January, which was technically this year. :] And what would be a better gift than claiming a free Vanillite? :D

Lol...nice claim. I could use one of those right now with the hot weather. Feel free to add it to your stats along with 100 points. :D

Lycanthropy

Years
Lol...nice claim. I could use one of those right now with the hot weather. Feel free to add it to your stats along with 100 points. :D

Saaaaaame. Last time I had ice cream was... well, yesterday actually. But with this weather, you just can't have enough. :D

By the way, if anybody wants to use my template for their Breeder Stats, feel free to copy the code below. (:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Saaaaaame. Last time I had ice cream was... well, yesterday actually. But with this weather, you just can't have enough. :D

By the way, if anybody wants to use my template for their Breeder Stats, feel free to copy the code below. (:
Spoiler:

I was trying to figure out how to just add a simple table but no matter what coding I use it never turns out the right way. HERE -- This is what I usually use.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
I was trying to figure out how to just add a simple table but no matter what coding I use it never turns out the right way. HERE -- This is what I usually use.

So I tried messing around with some code, but I can't seem to get it to work either. It seems html is needed to distinguish the rows of a table.

Of course you can try it this way, copying the block of code for each Pokémon. The code is not as pretty, but it works. ^-^
Code:
[PLAIN][cd=display:inline-block;width:200px;border: solid 4px #999999;padding: 10px 0;border-collapse:collapse;text-align:center;margin:-2px][IMG]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/garbodor.gif[/IMG]
[B]Name: [/B]Garbodor
[B]Type: [/B][IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/poison.gif[/IMG]
[B]Used for: [/B]
[B]Other: [/B][/cd][/PLAIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back