• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I didn't like him/her!"

Years
Fishermen with the team of 6 Magikarps, they are so boring and give little EXP. In fact, if one watches Marriland on YouTube regularly he literally gets so mad at those Fishermen, particularly in Part 9 of the Diamond Adventure series and Part 105 of the White 2 Adventure series.

I mean, they give out Speed EVs but Magikarp are just well, annoying lol.

FiersomeLucia

The Blue Skies Will Appear...
Years
I happen to like Hugh, unlike all (except for Brendan/May) rivals, he cared for his Pokemon.
Anyways, I hate those NPC trainers that when you try to skip a battle with them; they happen to look at you suddenly!

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I didn't like Kurt.
"Let's go save Slowpokes" *10 minutes later* "oh snap, I've fallen down the well. Oh no, it looks like you'll have to do all the work now." As if I didn't have enough problems...

And then making me Pokeballs and I'd keep forgetting he had them and never go back to collect them. Fail.

Those Fishermen with the 6 Magikarp. Having to battle 6 of the same Pokemon who give you barely no EXP points is a tiresome pain. I feel bad having to take them down so easily cause of how weak and defenseless Magikarp are so any battle with those guys are big waste of time I could spend doing other things.

Fishermen with the team of 6 Magikarps, they are so boring and give little EXP. In fact, if one watches Marriland on YouTube regularly he literally gets so mad at those Fishermen, particularly in Part 9 of the Diamond Adventure series and Part 105 of the White 2 Adventure series.

I mean, they give out Speed EVs but Magikarp are just well, annoying lol.

For all you 'Karp Haters....

Clairvoyance_

Arcanine
Years
I haaaated Whitney so much. She's so adorable, and has cute Pokemon. But for christ's sake that miltank. Rollout. Would be the only gym leader I had an issue with. /:
OR Brock in Yellow version. But that was an easy fix if you caught a Mankey~

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Also, to add to what I said before, about the team of Magikarps, there's also those fishermen with a dirty secret...those Fishermen who seem like they have a
team of Magikarp - and then at that last minute - GYARADOS appears...it's a horrible surprise when you least expect it.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
The Black 2 / White 2 rival was possibly the most irritating Pokemon character I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. When you march about harassing everybody, boasting about your ever-growing strength and continually loudly proclaiming that you will defeat Team Plasma and save your sister's deranged Purrloin, you start becoming just a tiny bit annoying. This character is no exception to this rule.

Years
ugh Flannery. Sure she is an inexperienced trainer and leader but c'mon! Even when i was a noob trainer i had more confidence than this girl. Your lack of self-confidence almost makes me want to spare you the catastrophic embarrassment and confidence let-down sure to pursue as my Swampert easily demolishes your pathetic gym trainers and your Torkoal, which, if you committed to training, could be a devastating foe. Get your sh*t together.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Alder.

His Champion music wasn't cool.

his theme sucked aswell but i just hate him the design (mexican wrestler with hair problems) and the jumping of ledges BW2 does he just stay there waiting for a trainer to walk past? and his anime character sucks!
Barry wasn't bad but i hated his theme

that galactic grunt that says magikarp are worthless poor magikarp!

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really really hate all the NPC trainers that have a team of 6 magikarps -.-
Those battles are long, annoying, incredibly boring and barely award you with XP.

I also didn't really like Wally in RSE for his insecurity and rather shy behavior. I expected my rival to taunt/trash talk me or whatever, so i really missed that.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
None of them were actually significant, so they didn't bug me.
If you get a female starter, Whitney isn't hard to beat. It's Attract+Milk Drink that makes her Miltank difficult.
Blue/Gary annoyed me.

In the anime, now.. That's a different story. Lyra and May made me want to rip my hair out sometimes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
The only NPCs who annoyed me were the people who called you constantly in GSC/ HGSS. And that was before I learned not to give them my number.

The annoying rivals/gym leaders like Claire and Whitney... you know, that's their personality. The fact that they annoy some people means that they're well written, if that makes sense. They're supposed to be douchebags/sore losers. They're just pieces of data, and I know when they're going to appear in the story, so I'm prepared for them. And some of them, like the gym leaders, only appear once.

The people who call you, on the other hand... yep, the are somewhat annoying because you never know when they're going to call you. You're probably doing something important like getting ready to challenge the E4 when the phone rings and what d'ya know... it's Younster Ronald or whatever, with a story of how a Caterpie just escaped the other day... :D Shut up, Youngster Ronald. Seriously. Just shut. up.

Back