• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mr.bully

Double 7

Speedy Agent 0007
Years
Paul is theBIGGESTjerk I have ever seen! Telling other people they are good enough! Even telling HIS pokemon that they did bad when they faint! Who agrees?
Double 7

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Yes, he is indeed, Mr. Bully.

You can't always have good guys in the world, though.

Also, Ash needed a new rival.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
Don't say that about paul! He's great he has an attitude but hes still not a bad guy which makes him cool ash is a loser...Soo I dont know why your bashing on paul.

Years
Paul is far from being the biggest jerk. At least he doesn't keep his pokemon until they get emotionally attached, then dump them off and replace them, like SOMEONE does.

There have been much bigger jerks than Paul. Anyone remember Damian? Left his Charmander to die? HE was a jerk.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Well Paul isn't the nicest person but you got to say he is different from the other characters and I think that is one of the best things about the Diamond and Pearl saga. It seems like the writers did a lot of good work on creating personities for characters like what they did with Zoey and Paul.

Kitty!

mandi
Years
And Paul is awesome for that reason. I can't see why so many people hate him because he's hard on his Pokemon, especially because I know if we had real Pokemon, we'd probably treat them similar. Getting pissed at them if they lost and yeah.

It was time that we had an actual badass rival on the show. I'm sick of all the 'snobs, but good inside' rivals.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
^ not me i respect mine fully. I even cahnt them on as they get good hits. and then kind of feel sad if they lose!

Paul is a Trainer and even though some people don't agree with the way he treats his pokemon, He only decides how he raises them.

But i think Chimchar will sooner or later abandon him and He'll learn a lesson to treat his pokemon a bit better.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
Woot go Paul! Ash sucks! Still hasn't evolved Pikachu and still wonders why he still loses with him after it's probably on LV. 500

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Woot go Paul! Ash sucks! Still hasn't evolved Pikachu and still wonders why he still loses with him after it's probably on LV. 500

More like the writers suck. Seriously, what's their problem? They've basically got the same plot running for the fourth time. When will something worthwile actually HAPPEN?

Anyway, I like Paul's character. I hope he becomes a real villain, because he's the type of person to do it. Nintendo'd never let that happen. They're too scared.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
Brocklee how dare you say Ash sucks! I wouldn't evolve my pikachu!

I thought Ash wanted to catch em all and to do that he's either gotta somehow catch a wild Raichu or evolve his pikachu. Course that's probably why they don't use gotta catch em all anymore. What do they use?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I thought Ash wanted to catch em all and to do that he's either gotta somehow catch a wild Raichu or evolve his pikachu. Course that's probably why they don't use gotta catch em all anymore. What do they use?

Ash stopped wanting to catch them all sometime in Johto...or at least didn't mention it. He seems to want to make friends with the Pokemon he finds rather than catching them.

I came in here because I thought the title was funny. Yeah, Paul is a bully but Pokemon NEEDS more people like Paul to keep things interesting.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
wow, what does he really do now then. If he doesn't want to catch them all what is the purpose of the show?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
I came in here because I thought the title was funny. Yeah, Paul is a bully but Pokemon NEEDS more people like Paul to keep things interesting.

Here's hoping Paul doesn't become another Gary clone (getting beaten by a Legendary Pokemon and then mellowing out).

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned about him becoming another Vegeta. Think about it for a second. Go over the whole Anime for a moment. Think of who everyone is... Aren't things starting to point that way? I hope I'm wrong... I really do. Pokemon NEEDS a real villain in the show for once. But I don't know if Nintendo would do that...

Why do I suddenly have a really bad feeling about this Generation?

Years
Here's hoping Paul doesn't become another Gary clone (getting beaten by a Legendary Pokemon and then mellowing out).

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned about him becoming another Vegeta. Think about it for a second. Go over the whole Anime for a moment. Think of who everyone is... Aren't things starting to point that way? I hope I'm wrong... I really do. Pokemon NEEDS a real villain in the show for once. But I don't know if Nintendo would do that...

Why do I suddenly have a really bad feeling about this Generation?

Nintendo has real villains, but they are as you just said: scared. Or lack of creativity as they'd rather have us get Badges upon Badges than interesting plotlines. Heh. I'm just hoping he doesn't drop out of sight like all the rivals (Shigeru, Shuu, Harley) or the real criminals (Sakaki, Homura/Izumi).

Double 7

Speedy Agent 0007
Years
Originaly posted by Brocklee

Ash could just catch another pikachu and evolve that one.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Nintendo has real villains, but they are as you just said: scared. Or lack of creativity as they'd rather have us get Badges upon Badges than interesting plotlines. Heh. I'm just hoping he doesn't drop out of sight like all the rivals (Shigeru, Shuu, Harley) or the real criminals (Sakaki, Homura/Izumi).

Exactly. They're scared of changing the formula even in the slightest, because they're afraid of getting negative reaction from fans. As has been the case in the past, Nintendo developers and writers don't exactly get treated too kindly by the company if their ideas turn out to be flops (often, they're royally humiliated). So naturally, it's easy to understand.

Still, it would be nice to see something major or groundbreaking happen for once, instead of getting the same static plots day in and day out. Hopefully, Paul is a small step in that direction.

Back