• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new evolution methods [FR]

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
I followed all directions and every evolution method listed in the OP works like a charm on my rom base. I additionally expanded evolutions to 8 (offset : 727000), made necessary changes and all methods still work.
However there is a glaring issue.

Apparently if I expand pokemon/pokedex using PGE or G3HS, the rom will crash every time you win a battle, be it wild, trainer, etc. I tested the rom before expansion and after, various times using backups.
On the routines that required updating the pokemon stat table (pancham, male, female, etc.) I have done so and the same result is produced. When the game should fade to black and return to the overworld, instead it is stuck there.

Last edited:
Years
Hello. This thread is probably inactive but I was hoping for some assistance that's slightly maybe off topic. Hopefully a simple request compared to some of the requests in this thread. I'm not looking to add new evolution methods, I simply want to expand the number of max evolutions per Pokemon in the game from 5 to 8 to account for Eeveelutions.

I saw the edit in the original post saying Change F019 TO 7000 but I didn't quite understand this, I tried changing the bytes at F019 to 7000 in a hex editor which didn't help, so I changed them back, and there are multiple occurrences of F019 in the hex data so I'm not sure which one to try and change.

How do I simply tell the game I want 8 evolutions per Pokemon, not 5. Is it possible through just hex editing as ASM is a little advanced for me. I scrolled through the comments but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Hello. This thread is probably inactive but I was hoping for some assistance that's slightly maybe off topic. Hopefully a simple request compared to some of the requests in this thread. I'm not looking to add new evolution methods, I simply want to expand the number of max evolutions per Pokemon in the game from 5 to 8 to account for Eeveelutions.

I saw the edit in the original post saying Change F019 TO 7000 but I didn't quite understand this, I tried changing the bytes at F019 to 7000 in a hex editor which didn't help, so I changed them back, and there are multiple occurrences of F019 in the hex data so I'm not sure which one to try and change.

How do I simply tell the game I want 8 evolutions per Pokemon, not 5. Is it possible through just hex editing as ASM is a little advanced for me. I scrolled through the comments but couldn't find what I was looking for.

You can use G3HS for that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2022
Can I use another programm instead of G3HS? Maybe PGE?

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I can't see the pictures because you used photobucket. A lot of tutorials do this, I can never complete my hack because of it

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2020
You could put the evolution routines back by gender since when I evolve into a pokemon it evolves but if I use a pokemon with the evolution routine female it also evolves but in the routine it doesn't evolve I don't know why it's missing please upload the routine that works

Years
Would it be possible to make a pokemon evolve after reproduction?
For example if we had a pre-evolution for kangaskhan that would evolve after reproducing instead of giving an egg.
You could then consider kangaskhan as an egg in your party where after a certain amount of steps you would get that baby of kangaskhan in your party (if your party is not full).
The kangaskhan would then change its sprite to reflect the fact that the kid isnt in its pouch anymore.
The Kangaskhan could after that have another baby.

Days
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 29, 2023
Hello Guys!
I'm working on an hack rom of pokemon fire red, and i really want to add the Dawn Stone evolution method (So only a male Kirlia evolve in Gallade and only a Female Snorunt evolve in Froslass).
I've tried to find some online guide to do that but i wasn't luck :(
Is there anyone who could help me? Thank you very much!

Back