• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite non-damaging, non-healing move

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I like Toxic and Calm Mind. Toxic is what it is: a slow and deadly killer. Calm Mind works wonders with Psychic-types. I appreciate both the special attack and special defense boosts. It helps a lot in battles. Oh, and Quiver Dance. No one can deny that.

blue

gucci
Years
Swagger, Toxic & Double Team.

Swagger because it can be a pain both ways, Toxic because it's so easy to Poison the opponent and comes in handy when competitive battling and Double Team because once you've stacked it up it's difficult to be hit.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Toxic, cos that poison will get so worst and worst every turn.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Leech Seed.

I love this move due to the fact that it leeches life and I gain HP, nothing more to say LOL.

Years
Swords Dance.

That move helped save my Lucario and Excadrill in Black 2 a lot. The 2+ Attack boost is always handy.

And also Nasty Plot, its Special equivalent.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
A crobat, with this moveset
Mean look,
Toxic
Confuse ray
insert damage inducing attack here.
but on its own I have to give props to doubleteam

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Sword dance and stealth rock are my favorites. Sword dance gives you a 2+ attack raise while stealth rock can inflict a lot of damage on the next pokemon your opponent uses (especially if its a dual type and both are weak to rock - takes away half of their health).

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
And no one said Stealth Rock yet... o_o; it's probably the most game-changing move since they made it in Diamond/Pearl.
The amount of change Stealth Rock has caused to the metagame is all the more reason to dislike it. Well, one says 'change' but at this point it's really just a silly status quo of a field condition that only serves to stagnate competitive battling. It's too powerful for a one turn setup, too ubiquitous with the large number of monsters able to learn it, and thus demands that every team be made with consideration for the foe potentially using it (which serves only to narrow the pool of candidates), so it may as well be banned in general competitive play.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Thunder Wave. Mainly because paralysis lasts much longer than sleep, and still helps to catch pokemon, even if it is slightly less potent.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I love the move Substitute. <3 It's pretty versatile since it can be used for a stalling/defensive Pokemon (with Toxic/Leech Seed/Protect etc), or offensive Pokemon with set up moves (like Dragon Dance on Kingdra, or Bulk Up/Calm Mind users). :)

Back