• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Designers, coders, creatives

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Could we get a little information on how the development pipeline works? I'm interested in knowing if this will be a "free-for-all" development cycle, or whether or not there will be structure built into design and implementation. I think it is important to have a project leader who has a clear vision for bringing a product from beginning to end, and evident goals and stages of development whereby people can be assigned specific targets in terms of what needs to be done and what they can work on. I'm not saying this needs to be time-stringent (I believe in open door policies for volunteer positions), but knowing what I'm meant to be doing as a Developer is hugely important to me.

So personally I'd rather see evidence of well-structured project management and evident proof of a strong project manager keeping things on topic, relevant and progressive before applying. So I'd love to see a plan & more detail. Good to see this getting started!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I agree. While I do believe that you all love PC and truely want to see it grow, I would like to see a plan of development as well as a sense of strong management amongst the development team with a leader to ensure that everything stays on track. I love PC and would love nothing more then to be apart of it becoming greater.

Years
I know I'm new here but if you will be need some help, let me know.
I'm professional WebDeveloper - WebDesigner, Frontend developer - responsive is not a problem but also this must include good UX so navigation etc will be easy for any user. Nice UI is always after that.
But as mentioned by seeker - this is good to know something more about management, task management, dev environment etc. If you are interested to talk with someone who has over 9 years professional experience in web dev let me know. Cheers

Y1

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2018
I am in final year of my masters in computer application, so this will take not longer to fully modify the website for both mobile and PC in responsive way. If you want, I would like to help with any matter in development or design. - Y1

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Use Twitter Bootstrap for the front-end

Unfortunately you can't just implement a css framework like that and magically have all the ways in which your site doesn't scale down to mobile fixed. Just from playing around with various breakpoints on this page I'd say just over-riding some simple CSS in some media queries would help a lot. And the maybe having the table-layout of the forums be set to display as block so that no elements align side-by-side on mobile could also really help.

Cheers.

Back