• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
I dont know if there is another place for this (if there is, just move it :D), but rate my Pearl team!

Garchomp
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Rush
- Fire Fang

Gengar
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Gyarados
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Def
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Infernape
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Sword Dance

Electivire
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Thunderbolt

Tangrowth
252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 Speed
Nature: Bold
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Dont know what to put here.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Your team is really good. I'd give it a 9/10.

I see you've put in some thought into making each member learn moves which counter types which it has weaknesses to respectively. I like that! Good job.

As for your Tangrowth's last move, I suggest you give it something that can counter its weaknesses. Ah, how about Rock Slide? It can deal with flying, fire, ice and bug-types. Which are ALL of its weaknesses. :)

If only Electivire could learn any grass or water-type attacks, your team would have been perfect. But sadly, it can't..

Oh well, once again, keep it up! *thumbs up*

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Your team is really good. I'd give it a 9/10. (Y)

I see you've put in some thought into making each member learn moves which counter types which it has weaknesses to respectively. I like that! Good job.

As for your Tangrowth's last move, I suggest you give it something that can counter its weaknesses. Ah, how about Rock Slide? It can deal with flying, fire, ice and bug-types. Which are ALL of its weaknesses. :)

If only Electivire could learn any grass or water-type attacks, your team would have been perfect. But sadly, it can't.. Oh well, once again, keep it up!

Awesome thanks :D
I will go with Rock Slide for the reason you stated!

Years
Umm synerjee, I think ice punch takes care of ground any who nice pic <3
& synerjee's right you have a well rounded team, good coverage, good moves, good pokemon... But its kinda frail I'd suggest to add in a dual light screener(i.e a pokemon with reflect, light screen, and holding a light clay) that will make your team go from an 8 or a 9 to like 9.9 ^-^
Also both garchomp and tangrowth are weak to ice types. Your only ice counter is infernape. Which he's a good pokemon, very fast and versatile but most ice types are also water so infernape will be at a disadvantage. Personally I'd take out tangrowth as his very low speed and special defence seriosly downgrade him. I would add in a pokemon to wall ice types, in my opinion I'd add in a milotic with light clay and dual screens. She won't hit as hard as tangrowth but the dual screens could win you the battle. And its weakness to electric is covered by electevire's ability and of coars by Garchomp (arguably the best pokemon in the 4th gen game) milotic will also cover for electivre and infernape plus wslling gatchomps main wrakness

Oh yeah almost forgot, 2 quick points here.
1. Bold nature decreases attack so tangrowth will do a bit less damage... I dunno if power gem is an option for him
2. With Gengar, he's always been my favorite ghost type and I used to use him alot. Mine had a similar moveset except it had pain split instead of thunder bolt... Its seems useless and contradictory to have 2 ghost type moves but if gengar is holding a life orb pain split will be exploited to the max. Think about gengats incredebly low hp plus his weak defences will get badly injured but using pain split on a high hp pokemin will take you back to full health ;D

This was usually how gengars battle goes: come in ohko opponent, next pokemon is resistent but I usually 2hko it and on the 3rd pokemon I usually get below half my hp so I use pain split bring the apponet to 1/3 or 1/4 its hp then ko it with any move... Now repeat till you run out of pp or get ohkoed by psychic (._.)

Last edited:

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Umm synerjee, I think ice punch takes care of ground any who nice pic <3
& synerjee's right you have a well rounded team, good coverage, good moves, good pokemon... But its kinda frail I'd suggest to add in a dual light screener(i.e a pokemon with reflect, light screen, and holding a light clay) that will make your team go from an 8 or a 9 to like 9.9 ^-^
Also both garchomp and tangrowth are weak to ice types. Your only ice counter is infernape. Which he's a good pokemon, very fast and versatile but most ice types are also water so infernape will be at a disadvantage. Personally I'd take out tangrowth as his very low speed and special defence seriosly downgrade him. I would add in a pokemon to wall ice types, in my opinion I'd add in a milotic with light clay and dual screens. She won't hit as hard as tangrowth but the dual screens could win you the battle. And its weakness to electric is covered by electevire's ability and of coars by Garchomp (arguably the best pokemon in the 4th gen game) milotic will also cover for electivre and infernape plus wslling gatchomps main wrakness

Oh yeah almost forgot, 2 quick points here.
1. Bold nature decreases attack so tangrowth will do a bit less damage... I dunno if power gem is an option for him
2. With Gengar, he's always been my favorite ghost type and I used to use him alot. Mine had a similar moveset except it had pain split instead of thunder bolt... Its seems useless and contradictory to have 2 ghost type moves but if gengar is holding a life orb pain split will be exploited to the max. Think about gengats incredebly low hp plus his weak defences will get badly injured but using pain split on a high hp pokemin will take you back to full health ;D

This was usually how gengars battle goes: come in ohko opponent, next pokemon is resistent but I usually 2hko it and on the 3rd pokemon I usually get below half my hp so I use pain split bring the apponet to 1/3 or 1/4 its hp then ko it with any move... Now repeat till you run out of pp or get ohkoed by psychic (._.)

I was thinking about Milotic. You bring up some good points, I will take your advice! Thanks!

Years
Yeah no problem, always glad to help ^-^ milotic should be your lead so it can doulble your teams defences then switch to a pokemon that counters your foe and you should be set to sweep any team. Well have fun kicking a$$ XD

Back