• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did You Ever Get Emotional in Mystery Dungeon?

Years
I've played both Red Rescue and Explorers of Sky in 2010.
The first ending on RR was meh, but the second (the one with Gengar) make me truly soft.
However, Explorers of Sky was the first game which make me cry since years, and I have to admit, I've cried really hard. The game itself is really long, but it's really worth to play it, the soundtrack was one of the main reasons of my tears.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was surprised at how moving and heartfelt some parts of these games are.

I'm not used to Pokemon (or many games really) being this moving so when I played these games (especially Explorers of Time) it caught me off guard. I didn't cry but there were points where I can say I felt genuinely upset.

Years
First time i played through explorers of sky i litterly started bursting into cry near the end because
Spoiler:

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
I've played PMD: Red Rescue Team twice now, on the first run, I was touched but managed to hold it back, 4 years later, I actually didn't manage to and I was crying alone in my room in the middle of the day tap-tap-tapping on My Boy! on my droid to find out what happens next...

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Well. I just finished the main game of Gates to Infinity. And I have to say... it has the saddest ending. D: My tears actually rolled down my cheeks (might or might not have happened with Rescue Team, can't remember, though I credit Rescue Team with endowing me the power to feel emotions, haha). Like with Explorers, I knew it was gonna happen, so I braced myself. This helped prevent crying during Explorers' ending (but not tears welling up), but it was next to useless during Gates'! I just got so attached to the characters in this game. >_<

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I'm actually playing Explorers of Sky right now, and trying (but failing) to not cry because I (a Riolu, male) have to leave my partner (an Eevee, female). I also started crying when Manaphy had to leave.

Last edited:

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
I totally did. Anyone played the explorers of time?
I got emotional when we outgrow our guild and when Grovyle died (seriously I totally crushed on that pokémon *A*).

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
Upon beating Explorers of Sky's main story, I admittedly almost cried; had it not been for my brother watching over my shoulder and family in the room, I would have. Then the final Special Episode's ending really brought the tears on.

Years
I cried at the end of the Red Rescue Team DS remake, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team! IT WAS SO SAAAD!!!!!!! But then I came back. :P Once I realized that I stopped crying. XD!!!! Fail. But the guy I usually use now instead of my Charizard, is my level 100 Zapdos! I also have a Pikachu with Volt Tackle :3

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
When I started fading away in PMD Blue Rescue Team and my partner was screaming my name I didn't think my heart would be able to take it ;_; I was crying so hard! And of course, I cried more when I came back to him. That game had a LOT of unexpected feelings.

Back