• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hyrule Fantasy - Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
Ooh! I have to join this.

Username: Shiny Bunnelby

Favorite Game: A Link to the Past

Topic: Zelda II was the only one I don't believe I ever finished, due to lacking opportunities to play it and disinterest. :/ I just could not get into it.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Originally posted by DeathofShadows
I must admit, Zelda II is actually rather high on my list of favorites, despite how frustrating it could be. As stated, it combined the familiar overhead exploration of the first game, while at the same time adding many revolutionary things such as EXP and side-scrolling dungeons. Not to mention the introduction of everyone's favorite doppelgänger!

However, I did find that this game was a bit more focused on action, and did not have quite as much of the puzzle elements as its predecessor, and despite the usefulness of spells, found the controls to often be a bit too uncoordinated for my liking.

Overall, it was a great game, and a giant leap forward for the series. It was merely restricted by the technology of its time, leaving it as a game worth the many ragequits when you finally finish it.

It's really good to see that many other people enjoyed the game, as well. I only know litteraley one other person who liked Adventure of Link.

Originally posted by Shiny Bunnelby
Ooh! I have to join this.

Username: Shiny Bunnelby

Favorite Game: A Link to the Past

Topic: Zelda II was the only one I don't believe I ever finished, due to lacking opportunities to play it and disinterest. :/ I just could not get into it.
Originally posted by Altairis
Username: Altairis
Favourite Zelda Game: Twilight Princess
Topic: My copy of AoL came free with my purchase of my Gameboy Advance SP, actually. I have no recollection of why they were giving out free games, but I was presented with like 5 options and I chose Zelda. I still find it quite ironic to this day that as a 6 year old I held one of the predecessors of one of my favorite games of all time and I didn't know it.

I never managed to finish that game, though. I found the gameplay to be too frustrating. I'm such it is/was great, it's just... not my kind of game.
Welcome to our group, you two! Make yourselves at home! ^.^

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
New topic everyone!
Current Topic: Hyrule Warriors Expectations.
After the Hyrule Warriors direct held recently, what do you think about the game?

I will put spoiler tags around mine for those who do not want to be spoiled. Be warned though: I will talk about some things mentioned in the direct. If you want to watch that before reading this, then please do.
Spoiler:

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
After the flop that was the previous topic, let's stray away from Hyrule Warriors...I guess... But... new topic! Zelda Spin-Off Titles! What are some of your personal favourites?
One of my personal favourites would be Link's Crossbow Training for the Nintendo Wii. Not only is it awesome as it is set in the same world as Twilight Princess (which is probably my favourite variation of Hyrule), but since it actually offers a new type of gameplay to Zelda which was not canonically in any Zelda games besides Link's Crossbow Training itself!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm a huge Legend of Zelda fan, but surprisingly, I've never actually played any spin-off titles. This is what it's like for all video game series I follow, to be honest; I'll play only their main games, and rest would go more or less ignored. Though, I did try Link's Crossbow Training long ago at some GameStop store, and it seemed to be quite engaging. I'm pretty fond of the shooter genre, personally, and having it take place in Zelda world was a plus. Sadly, though, I didn't wind up actually purchasing.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Okay, I think I should lift this group from the ashes considering how I disappeared for a while and since I came back, I did nothing with this group.
So, let's revive this group with an all new question!

The Legend of Zelda Wii U. Impressions, anybody?
I believe Zelda Wii U looked very engaging being open world. I honestly did not like the original Zelda 1 until recently (about a year ago) and considering how open world that game was, I was very interested to see how it would bring back that open world exploration. Sure, they experimented with A Link Between Worlds with Ravio's Item Shop, But it honestly seemed somewhat bland requiring a specific item to enter a specific dungeon, with an exception or two. I hope they revisit Zelda 1 and let you do any dungeon in any order without requiring a specific item to enter a specific item this time. Also, orchestral music. We need an orchestral soundtrack for this game, let's all be honest.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey there, UltraNertendo! I'm glad you came back and such but unfortunately reviving dead clubs after 30 days (60 for owners) is frowned upon! Feel free to create a brand new one if you like! For now I will have to close this.

Locked.~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back