• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We are still working on a better slogan!

Years
Like my own life motto?
Don't take care of only yourself OR your close ones. Try to take care of yourself AND your close ones.

Tl;dr: balance your internal egoist and altruist.

Honest

Hi!
Years
"Looks at title. Prepares to lock thread. Very disappointed"

^Not my motto, my feelings. :C

My motto would be "There's always something good in everything. You just have to look harder, sometimes"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
"The sky is the limit, never stop going forward."

A wee dated but I still prefer that as my motto to this day.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
"Things will change and I'll change to suit them no matter what happens."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Man I haven't said it in a long time but if I had to choose something to be my motto I suppose it would be

"Do not worry about the future. After a moment of depression there's the way of ressurection".

Then there's also

"Past is the Past"

Sir Codin

"We all suck. Some people just suck more than others."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
"Do what makes you happy" is probably it. Expanded upon, it goes more like: "It's your life. You will always and forever be the center of your universe. Not even in an egotistical way, it's just a fact. You are the one person who will always be a constant in your life. Your own well-being should be put first, and that includes your mental state. People tend to forget that. It's good to be kind and care about and for others, but don't forget about yourself. Do what makes you happy."

Another might be "strive to be the person you dream of being". Or an easier version, "try to be a person you'd like to be friends with". But yeah "do what makes you happy" is probably the best one I've got.

Vikerus

Ownermon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2013
"To effect the quality of the day. That is the highest of arts."

Back