• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
An .rar is a type of compressed file. To extract it, you'll need a file extractor, like 7Zip.
Ah. Where would I find such a file extractor?

EDIT: Found the program. Not sure how to use it though...

EDIT 2: Got it. Thanks for telling me the name of the program.

EDIT 3: Now my emulator wont show what's going on in the game. I have files for Pokemon Platinum, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, and PkeMon Explorers of Time/Explorers of Darkness. What emulator should I use for them?

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
A good one to use is DesMuMe, but it has one problem: IT LAGS. No$GBA is good, but some games won't run correctly (The game telling you to remove and reinsert the game cartridge).
Sometimes, I wish my DS didnt die on me. The battery was completely dead. Had to get rid of it...

No$GBA will not play any of my games. DesMuMe will, but the thing is: The screen wont show anything correctly.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Irony is that I already deleted the files due to frustrations. As for the Pokemon games: The opening TV scene played, but after that, the screen was black. And for the Castlevania game, I managed to get to the 'draw on screen' part, but didnt know what to do...Im getting No$GBA and the games again.

EDIT: Ive decided to just say screw it with the NDS emulators and games. Its way too freaking confusing, what with all the different emulator options and the fact half dont work at all and half dont work right!

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Cheatfreak - Platinum works on no$ o.o
Try putting on the sound (in options) and changing NDS backup. Also, make sure the rom is clean.
Explorers of time/darkness work with No$ as well, only explorer's of sky needs desmume

Totod!le

« SUCCESS
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I downloaded a Pokemon Ruby ROM and when I get to the New Game and Option menus, it wont let me go any further. What do I do?

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2011
Okay. I quite often see Pokemon Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver Wi-Fi battles on youtube. They are in really good quality, emulator quality, and I was just wondering how I would get my VS Recorder videos to record in amazing quality like that I see.

Along with that - VBA and No$GBA both save the same file extension (.sav, but on n$g, it is .SAV), but when I put the .SAV file from no$gba to the VBA folder (along w/ the ROM), it makes me start a new game, any way to fix that?

A third note - Is there a way to fix that "internal clock" business?

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS! Thank you :)

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Is there any way to trade wirelessly through no$gba yet?
No. No$ has not been updated for several years.
You can only use Pokesav to hack Pokemon into your party.

I downloaded a Pokemon Ruby ROM and when I get to the New Game and Option menus, it wont let me go any further. What do I do?
There have been many problems with the GBA roms. What do you mean by 'it won't go any further', can you not continue with a game, does it not save, what do you mean?

Scathe- PM'ed with answers

Years
Can anyone help me? I want to play Pokemon Platinum in no$gba. Can anyone tell me the best setting for it so than I can play is normal speed and without crashing the image.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
USING NO$GBA 2.6a

Unlimited MHZ Disaster 50%
Start Cartridge directly
24 bit true
nocash renderer
VGA (poppy bright)
Auto (GBA backup)
Auto (NDS backup)
Darkness (solar sensor)
Digital mono (fast) [unless you want the game to be unbearably slow. No sound causes freeze when Pokemon faints.]
Low (10 kHz) [again, for speed]
None/disabled (multiboot)

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2011
Hey this might be stupid but I'm playing Platinum on DeSmuME, and whenever I start a new game, after the part with the TV, the screen goes black. I want to play on DeSmuME instead of no$gba... or do I have to play on n$g?

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Scathe- Use no$gba 2.6a for almost every DS game. DeSmuME is unbearably slow. After the part with the TV, keep pressing the A button.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
I having a question about actually saving in the game...

I'm using visualboy adv and I realize I could just save via the emulator, however as I progress with my hack I one day want to burn it to a flash cart and play on a gba. Will this problem still occur and prevent me from saving? I'm guessing it was put in place to prevent bootlegs, I dunno.

Back