• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I just want Cyrus to show up xDDDDD

No really, I would love it if Looker returned, because he's epic, and I also hope we find out more about the Shadow Triad. It would be awesome if they really were the Striaton leaders, and I would love it. I also think that the Champion League thing is EPIC. They could all meet on this island out at sea, and each champ could have a little area to themselves that looked like a famous part of their region, and...yeah....GAME FREAK will probably never do it...but it WOULD be extremely epic though.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I would want Mira, Buck, Cheryl, Riley and Marley to return because they all had some sort of role in the games and they ALL appeared in the series.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Ohhh, back in DPPt there were quite a few people you could meet up with and travel with them for some sort of quest (helping Cheryl out of the forest was one). Maybe some returning characters will be back in the games for the same purpose? Since, Black and White did lack partnered traveling.

Flygon-Gal

Fly Away!
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Ohhh, back in DPPt there were quite a few people you could meet up with and travel with them for some sort of quest (helping Cheryl out of the forest was one). Maybe some returning characters will be back in the games for the same purpose? Since, Black and White did lack partnered traveling.

I did love that, and just because I loved DPPt so much I brought another! So now I have Diamond Platinum and pearl x2

Anyway - I want N back! And I hope there is a bit more info on the shadow triad too..

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
There are two groups of fans: fans that want to see the Striaton trio be the Shadow Triad, and fans that don't. If the twist was to occur, the anime would kind of be screwed over, because Cilan's a lead character and Team Plasma hasn't even been introduced yet.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Maybe she could be the one with the filming studio! 8D
Like, her books were so great they turned into movies and she loved it so much she became a producer or director! 8D
Either way, she was my favorite character, and I want her back. ;;
Maybe Caitlin could open a hotel that provides the comfiest beds in the Unova region. xD
I honestly wouldn't mind her being out of the Elite Four, either.

When you said shauntal could become a producer or director i instantly thought of the runway/theatre found in the b2/w2 trailers what if shewas the owner

I hope that all the characters have at least a back story to them i want to see more family relationships like koga/janine

The best thing that comes to mind when i think of all the champions appearing is finding them in thier respective locations like wallace would be found in the underwater tower

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There are two groups of fans: fans that want to see the Striaton trio be the Shadow Triad, and fans that don't. If the twist was to occur, the anime would kind of be screwed over, because Cilan's a lead character and Team Plasma hasn't even been introduced yet.
Well the anime and the games don't have to be matched, plus Plasma was revealed, it just wasn't broadcast. :x Sooo we dunno, it could have been revealed!

But either way, I want them to return just to find out more about them. :(

And if the champions are re-appearing, then I think they should be for a purpose, not in random locations. :x

Cid

Years
There is no question that I would love all characters from BW to return in some way (especially N), and with how important they are being reflected by their own roles in these games. Although I would settle for cameos since this should be a different story, I still will very much appreciate little nods to the people who played the previous game, and what better way to do that than with old characters.

Cameos bring into mind characters from old generations, and I think if the character is from the third generation, I'd appreciate this even more. Of course that's because I would want RS remakes, hahaha. I think Steven would make an interesting cameo, or maybe Maxie and that other guy, er, Archie. Or maybe Norman or Birch, or Wally. I actually thought there wouldn't be too many choices for surprise cameos but I'm starting to think there are a lot of characters to choose from! I really expect them to have at least one third generation character to return. And Cello mentioning Cynthia's dialogue in the first post may make Steven or Wallace to reappear, who knows?

Man, all this talk on the Shadow Triad makes me want to see them return (and I never really thought of them possibly being the Striaton Gym Leaders, as unlikely as it seems). And whoa, now that I think of it, it's actually a good idea for the champions or any pre-fifth gen character to return with actual roles! I don't recall them ever doing that, and it would be a wonderful change. Partnered traveling being brought back with the old characters will definitely be cool, too, I loved that from DPPt.

Zayphora

Years
It would be great if we could see the champions in their own special battling island thing, as said in the topic about Gym Leaders, I think...or was it the Elite Four one? I forget...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If I can, I'm wondering about what the new starter Pokemon are?

Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy. :3 There's a thread to even post which one you're choosing!

Cameos bring into mind characters from old generations, and I think if the character is from the third generation, I'd appreciate this even more. Of course that's because I would want RS remakes, hahaha. I think Steven would make an interesting cameo, or maybe Maxie and that other guy, er, Archie. Or maybe Norman or Birch, or Wally. I actually thought there wouldn't be too many choices for surprise cameos but I'm starting to think there are a lot of characters to choose from! I really expect them to have at least one third generation character to return. And Cello mentioning Cynthia's dialogue in the first post may make Steven or Wallace to reappear, who knows?

Don't really see how Wally or Birch could fit in :( Wally especially. Would Unova's air be cleaner and better to visit...?

Cid

Years
Don't really see how Wally or Birch could fit in :( Wally especially. Would Unova's air be cleaner and better to visit...?

I was thinking about Birch because he always seemed like the traveling professor type. Maybe they could make it like somehow he went there because the non-Unova Pokémon are spreading to the western part of the region. Which is why he became interested enough to visit and study.

You're right about Wally though, I forgot he was frail. Some parts of Unova would be bad for him. He still reminds me of N though so I don't know.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years

This was one of DPPt's best features! It needs too come back. I thought it was now a given lol.

Gym Leaders sort of served this role though, they were more interactive in the games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was thinking about Birch because he always seemed like the traveling professor type. Maybe they could make it like somehow he went there because the non-Unova Pokémon are spreading to the western part of the region. Which is why he became interested enough to visit and study.

You're right about Wally though, I forgot he was frail. Some parts of Unova would be bad for him. He still reminds me of N though so I don't know.

Well maybe, it'd at least make way for Hoenn remakes coming up. About Wally idk still, unless it's revealed he's secretly N's brother, I don't think there's anything they could do with him lol.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
I'd like N back but I really want Hilbert back like Red with Pokemon in the level 80's, 90's maybe? BTW wouldn't Hilbert be around 14 now like Red is in G/S/C :)?

Zayphora

Years
They can't just make it Hilbert. Girls play Pokemon, too. I think if they do do that I'd like to see Hilda make an appearrance if you pick the girl.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd like N back but I really want Hilbert back like Red with Pokemon in the level 80's, 90's maybe? BTW wouldn't Hilbert be around 14 now like Red is in G/S/C :)?

Well the champion music was remixed in B/W, so maybe. Red would seem random though in what seems to be a new chapter of Pokemon. :x He's the old champion, Cheren would be our new Red imo. Of course, I am kinda bias there.

Back