• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Years
You know, I'm wondering why the Pokemon Rangers never got involved in this. I thought they were always against the whole catching Pokemon thing, themselves. Oh well.

As for the Sages- ARE those the same Sages? If I recall correctly, they were all arrested, so they could be completely new Sages, or at the very least explains why there are only two.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes they are the same. They were arrested Post game so it wasn't officially part of the story.

They could have broken out of the jail or didn't have enough evidence against to convict them.

There are a number of reasons as to why they are out and about.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Since only Looker arrested them. I think they probably just got away from him or Team Plasma rescued them from Looker.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Looker himself doesn't appear post game this time, seems like he was too minor of a character again. Perhaps all the Sages were like Ghetsis and got away on their own power.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Hilbert and Hilda are probably just there for battles between B/W and B2/W2, I'm assuming. I don't think we'll see an appearance, we would have heard about it by now. Serebii posted some news mentioning the Hilbert/Hilda were off looking for N, though if N is back... it's all a bit muddling isn't it?

Years
Perhaps by using the Unova link with our old games we can get our old player character to appear and battle him/her with the team we had in the game prior to the link (or using the battle box in BW perhaps). That'll be cool and nice enough to not upset people who wanted Female or Male to appear as it'll be the one you had previously.
Looker was funny...miss the guy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Looker himself doesn't appear post game this time, seems like he was too minor of a character again. Perhaps all the Sages were like Ghetsis and got away on their own power.

Well, it's not a third game, and rather a sequel so you wouldn't really expect him to be the cause of their capture at the end anyways. I personally don't mind since he seemed just thrown on for B/W, and this just proves he never really mattered in the first place.

Years
Yeah he never really did...he's worser than the sages that he was suppose to jail xD
I really like the teams they gave Chili, Cress, and Cilan. I wonder if we have to team up with Cilan or simply pick the one we want...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well, it's not a third game, and rather a sequel so you wouldn't really expect him to be the cause of their capture at the end anyways. I personally don't mind since he seemed just thrown on for B/W, and this just proves he never really mattered in the first place.

Looker mattered to me. ;;
But yeah, his role was...dismal. I think if he actually had some Pokemon he may somewhat of a role. By that, I mean be an actual trainer!
I do love the trio's new teams, though. I'm happy they included the monkeys, too. c:

Years
Looker mattered to me. ;;
But yeah, his role was...dismal. I think if he actually had some Pokemon he may somewhat of a role. By that, I mean be an actual trainer!
I do love the trio's new teams, though. I'm happy they included the monkeys, too. c:
He's implied to have Pokemon in Pt but they are never shown...what a waste they could've had that as a reward for defeating Plasma. He could be a croutching hidden badass...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

He's implied to have Pokemon in Pt but they are never shown...what a waste they could've had that as a reward for defeating Plasma. He could be a croutching hidden badass...

He had a Croagunk that nabbed the Magma Rock from the Galactic guy, but other than that, nothing. Which is why I think he should have surely been training his Pokemon two plus years later! I still think they should have made him a character you can battle, like they did with the Sages.
I'ma actually kind of excited to battle the Sages. Last game they were seen as to be the best in the Team, and now we finally get to battle them!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Honestly I just hope that with the return of the Sages, they have a more important role. I'm not talking a leading role in Team Plasma or anything, but I felt like they didn't matter at all in Black and White. u_u

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Im excited to battle the sages

buuut im disappointed about three characters
THE STRIATON TRIO
Why arent they the shadow triad the game would be approved if they ended up to be the shadow triad
*sigh*
well at least you get to battle the triad

Years
It seems like we don't really know who the triad is...
The sages proably will only play the role of a one time boss than be done, not much of a upgrade in role but at least we battle them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
watched Pokebeach's live stream and saw a Plasma Sage sprite that I don't think was in the ripped sprite list (could be wrong as I caught the butt end of the battle before the fade out).

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
Years
Im excited to battle the sages

buuut im disappointed about three characters
THE STRIATON TRIO
Why arent they the shadow triad the game would be approved if they ended up to be the shadow triad
*sigh*
well at least you get to battle the triad
So far, no connections between the two have been made, so if you view them as one and the same, you can still do that.

Back