• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That's a hack because it's never possible to get Eevee in a Love Ball.

It raises a certain issue, though, if the parents are illegal, is the offspring that was generated completely by the game illegal as well?

I'm asking this because someone offered me a shiny Moon Ball Yamask with Kalos mark (and obviously Yamask cannot be caught in Moon Ball), but I don't know if I should ever trade it here, let alone take the offer.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It raises a certain issue, though, if the parents are illegal, is the offspring that was generated completely by the game illegal as well?

I'm asking this because someone offered me a shiny Moon Ball Yamask with Kalos mark (and obviously Yamask cannot be caught in Moon Ball), but I don't know if I should ever trade it here, let alone take the offer.

That would also be a hack. :P If the Pokemon cannot originally be in that ball, then it's hacked.

Years
That would also be a hack. :P If the Pokemon cannot originally be in that ball, then it's hacked.

It's generated entirely by the game's code, though. In that case it'd fall into odd category of legit but not legal. (and I just answered my own question)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Legality is the most important thing. It's impossible to know what's legit without having caught something yourself.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I thought about putting my Pokédex in special Gen 4 Balls but I prefer them to be uniform. Almost everything is available in Premier if I put the work in except Male Only/Genderless. I would expect them to be easier to find than they are though. DW Pokémon in Premier that is. My search continues!!

What is the method you guys gather eggs? You say you gather a bunch then hatch them but how do you go about gathering then hatching?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I gather 5 by biking back and forth in front of daycare then I fly to the tower, stick a card under control stick, and then hit B every time an egg hatches, then after all 5 hatch fly to IV checker and WT all nonperfects. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Aww that sucks :( I'm thinking of Masuading for Love Ball Cherubi again because I really love the pink color of it especially in sunny form. But then I really want a shiny Eevee D:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Shiny Eevee...
Ugh, I still have no freaking luck on getting a shiny. >.>
Already WT 4 boxes since I started. =/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Don't give up! It takes a ton of time to get a shiny. I'm on 50+ boxes now on Eevees alone. D: I think over 2,500 eggs total not sure, but definitely over 2,000. I have a box full of hex flawless alone to show just how long I've been at this. >.<

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I'm letting my shop die again. There's so many shops now and gosh, I want to do my own projects too! Luckily there's other people doing IV breeding requests now. (I AM NO LONGER ALONE)

Yeah, my current project is also getting stuff in gen 2 apricorn balls. I'm nowhere near as close as most other people are since I'm doing it on a challenge cart. Meaning once I actually beat this game, I'll have to reset it in order to start a new run. Derp derp derp

And as far as I'm concerned, you kids can take your shiny charms and shove it. I'm encountering more shinies without than you are with it. Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh! Want this Lapras? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! :B

Years
What is the method you guys gather eggs? You say you gather a bunch then hatch them but how do you go about gathering then hatching?

I like to grab a box full of eggs plus 5 in the party by biking in front of the day care center. Then after i have all 35 eggs, I got to the tower and bike around it. I mainly use a metal lugia coin I got several years ago in a tcg deck to push the joystick, but I will use anything handy, from my key card for work to one of my wife's earrings. As soon as I hop on my bike and insert the moving device, I activate the hatching o-power.

And as far as I'm concerned, you kids can take your shiny charms and shove it. I'm encountering more shinies without than you are with it. Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh! Want this Lapras? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! :B

I had better luck before it too. They should have called it the "non-shiny charm". XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I had better luck before it too. They should have called it the "non-shiny charm". XD

I finally got mine Saturday. The last 20 or so felt so annoying because there were all ones I just needed to egg hatch, which just felt redundent to do. Then the very last was a Porygon2 because I thought I had already done that one, luckily I had enough BP to go buy an upgrade and trade it.

I'm not looking to try too hard to MM anything though, as I never had luck with Shinys to begin with.... I just wanted to acctually complete my national dex.

My new project is to finally RNG all my Pokemon stuck in the Entree Forrest in all my Gen V games. I have around 100 waiting on B2/W2 each... and probably 50 or so on my B/W games. It should acctually go pretty quick as I won't be aiming for specific natures, only specific spreads (In part for those that are unfamiliar with Entralink abuse, the other Pokemon in the forest cause the nature to shift like walking NPC's).

Years
I'm not looking to try too hard to MM anything though, as I never had luck with Shinys to begin with.... I just wanted to acctually complete my national dex.

this is the first gen that I have actually had any luck at all with encountering or hatching shinies. I've played since the beginning (with the exception of hoenn, that came out in my dazed and confused years) and never once had my own shiny. I was typically a trader and cloner in gen 5, amassing almost a complete shiny dex at one point. The thrill of getting your very own without the use of rng, sv, AR, pokegen, or anything else is AMAZING.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
this is the first gen that I have actually had any luck at all with encountering or hatching shinies. I've played since the beginning (with the exception of hoenn, that came out in my dazed and confused years) and never once had my own shiny. I was typically a trader and cloner in gen 5, amassing almost a complete shiny dex at one point. The thrill of getting your very own without the use of rng, sv, AR, pokegen, or anything else is AMAZING.

I used to soft reset a LOT for my legendaries. At one point I did not collect my legendaries at all hoping for time to soft-reset for shinies. When I learned to RNG I did that for all my legendaries. I have not really missed RNG this generation, as I find it much more satifying to just play the game the way it was meant to be played, and hope for th best. I decided that since Legendaries are most likely shiny locked like last Gen that not worrying about not having the shiny Pokemon, and just hope for the best with it and have fun. This generation all my shiny's have come from the GTS, but the time I did not spend RNGing half my encounters was spent on being able to complete my national Dex, something I did not do in any gen 4 OR Gen 5 game.

I HAVE tried with no luck to chain fish, and chain radar.... but both get boring(for me) quickly. I play these games to breed, and collect. The meathods to search for that one shiny you want do not hold my attention span. The one time I DO finally encounter a shiny of my own I will be overjoyed to say the very least. But for not, it's a brief break from this Gen. Once I have all my Dream World Pokemon transfered over so I can breed dream balls I'll start back in on breeding in this Gen.

Years
I tried and tried to rng last gen, but with no one in real life to teach me, it was to overwhelming. Being older and from a hick town that didn't really have computer classes until I was ready to graduate hurt me on the computer knowledge front, XD.

I've also tried to chain fish and chain radar but to no avail as well. I agree those methods are boring and so is the masuda method. But, after mm-ing for so long, I find it hard to actually go out and battle hoping for shinies:/.The whole thing that got me started mm-ing this generation though(something I hadn't attempted previously) was an accidental hatch of the shiny treecko that is making its rounds in several shops. All I was doing there was shooting for an adamant one for a breeding request. At the time, I didn't have anyway to guarantee an adamant hatch so I was just popping them out like crazy and hoping for the best. On my seventh or eighth egg, a shiny hatched and I've been hooked since.
I finally collected all the shinies I wanted to do another play through with, so now I'm going to go a little slower waiting on a shiny high iv inkay to hatch. Then I'm going to either go back to trying for espurr( I had to quit the first attempt because I was getting tired of all the pink. Plus I was promised a shiny espurr and never received it. XD) or continue the hunt for the new shiny fairies.

I have about 125-150 slots of older shiny pokemon I need to fill but for right now, I'm still too excited over the new pokemon.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I never got my own Shiny until this Gen. With this Gen I've gotten a stupid amount of them. The bad thing is all the Shinies I've gotten have been stuff I wasn't trying for, except Tyrunt but that was before it's Egg Move list was on any websites and before I could breed good IV as I was starting with two 0IV parents.

Anything I try to breed Shiny doesn't happen. It's always the stuff I'm breeding for somebody else. Before I have a good IV mother, Ditto is the father 95% of the time due to the ball passing and higher Ability chance. If you ask me to breed you certain Egg Moves and what not I'll probably hatch a Shiny. If I want a Shiny, no such luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back