• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jαcκςση's Sprites~

How are they?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Wow I love your sprites, and the trainer (both overworld and sprite) is excellent! Have you made any for hacks?
Yes, I am currently working on a game (not hack) called Zirconium. (Link in sig). Thanks!

They are all very good pixels +'_'+
The only problem i see is the shading, and lines.
The lineart should be lighter in some areas, rather then just one color.
As for the shading doesnt really give a pokemon type of feeling, i recomend examining some pokemon pixel art if your trying for the pokemon spirit look. T:
Yeah, I'm not very good at shading. I think I did the out line okay on the roaches, but not on the rest. Thanks for the critique!

Woh! Now, put that same sort of patience (and use the same advice) into that Virus thing... Your OW, looks like a bad re-shade of Palmer, trying putting some 'zest' into his design by adding in more colors.
Yeah, I do plan on redoing the virus when I gain some confidence. At this point, I can't really sprite well unless I have a drawing in the pose it's supposed to be. Eventually, I'll turn the head on the virus and touch it up. Also, the trainer is just splice of a bunch of trainers. Not very good, I might add.

Anti Hero

Bagel
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2009
I like the trainer ^ ^ and the overworld sprites. I also like the pokemon you constructed. 9/10

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2009
I like the trainer aswell, also find the overworld sprite pretty amazing

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
My pitiful attempt at a tree tile.. ;_;
2n9ffux.jpg

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
The tree looks good, but it looks like something you would put into the back ground for a battle. Try to do a more of a birds eye view while keeping the front visible. I know that was worded fairly poorly, but look at some of your Pokemon games, and you'll see what I'm trying to say.

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
The tree looks good, but it looks like something you would put into the back ground for a battle. Try to do a more of a birds eye view while keeping the front visible. I know that was worded fairly poorly, but look at some of your Pokemon games, and you'll see what I'm trying to say.

I know exactly what you mean, I just, am not very good at this. lol. I'll keep working at it.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
the 1st 2 stink imo mainly the first one though. Make it be at 3/4 view then it will more than likely be good. For beginner sprites though they are fairly decent. The 2nd cockroach pkmn looks nice (You splice to make him?) also the trainer and ow are pretty nice too. If they were custom Id be more excited about it but they are nice none the less.

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
the 1st 2 stink imo mainly the first one though. Make it be at 3/4 view then it will more than likely be good. For beginner sprites though they are fairly decent. The 2nd cockroach pkmn looks nice (You splice to make him?) also the trainer and ow are pretty nice too. If they were custom Id be more excited about it but they are nice none the less.

The virus is my first sprite, and its pretty bad. As I've stated, I'll go back and re-make him eventually. Everying but the trainer is 100% scratch (with the exception of the eye on the larger roach being ripped from scizor).

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Just recolored the basic sinnoh grass tile (credit to Kyledove) to be grass covered in snow. I don't think you can really consider it spriting, since it's just a recolor, but I think it looks okay.
2086uix.jpg

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Meh. Its learning color schemes, as long as you still do your own thing

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I can tell your talented.
I'd like to see some more.
From what is seen so far your pretty mediocre.
I like them though.
Just keep practicing.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
The virus is my first sprite, and its pretty bad. As I've stated, I'll go back and re-make him eventually. Everying but the trainer is 100% scratch (with the exception of the eye on the larger roach being ripped from scizor).

I like the 3rd sprite a lot and for it being mainly made from scratch it looks really great. The 2nd one looks good just the anatomy is off......It kinda bugs me lol bugs...... No thats not really that funny >.> I think you should remake the virus one I really would love to see it. Maybe in a more battle ready stance or something. =]

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
I can tell your talented.
I'd like to see some more.
From what is seen so far your pretty mediocre.
I like them though.
Just keep practicing.
... wait, so I'm talented, but I'm mediocre..? lol :P
Thanks for the critique. Will do.

I like the 3rd sprite a lot and for it being mainly made from scratch it looks really great. The 2nd one looks good just the anatomy is off......It kinda bugs me lol bugs...... No thats not really that funny >.> I think you should remake the virus one I really would love to see it. Maybe in a more battle ready stance or something. =]
Lol. And ya, even thought I've said it many times, I am going to remake the virus. I should only have to turn the head, but still. I'm not very good at spriting w/out a drawing in the pose it's supposed to be.

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
I just noticed the tree tile lol......It looks nice, can I use it in a sprite comic? And remaking the sprite shouldnt be to hard I think you can do it.

You mean the tree, not the grass right? If so, sure! We won't be using it in the game I'm working on, considering it's not the right style. It was just my first attempt at a tile. But yeah, go for it.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
For a beginner, you honestly have got the hang of spriting much quicker than I did lol. I really do like that bug pokemon (Roach, or Cricket?) It's shading is nice as well as the pose, I don't think there is enough black on the bottom leg that's closer toward the player at the back however, but other than that you're on your way to being a proffesional...Your tree also looks really good, a bit more shading in certain areas in the front to give it a bushy look and you'll be good ;)

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
wow, nice sprites :) Don't be harsh on your self dude and keep up the good work, you know - practice makes perfect.

BTW, may I use any of your work in my game? You decide the rules about credits and also, do you want to help making some sprites for the game?

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
Its average for me...

The Virus Sprite looks creepy... Change the pose! :)

May you show the other views of the overworld of your Character Sprite (the boy)?

The Pokemon and Tree are decent for me... Keep it up.

P.S. :)

Back