• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of music artist are you?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I was thinking about this while in an MSN coversation with a good friend of mine, and I began thinking. If you were into the music industry, what kind of music artist do you picture yourself as?

• What genre of music would you perform? Why?
  • Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band?
  • Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name?
  • If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with?
  • Would you write your own songs?

• Bonus: Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now?
Feel free to elaborate more on these questions. I feel curious and would love to see what you guys say in response to this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
What genre of music would you perform? Why? I wouldn't like to be defined to a genre, and I would like to combine different genres into my music. But if I must label myself to one in particular, adult contemporary meets alternative rock -- with minor dance / electronic vibes.
Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band? I would likely start off as a solo project, gain internet-based fame, then later join a band, and split up to pursue our own artistic aspirations due to artistic differences.
Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name? Borderline New.
If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with? I would likely have a band with a guitar, bass, drums, and some horns and maybe a DJ in the back for some extra oomph!
Would you write your own songs? I already write my own songs, but I would never except someone else to write the songs I perform.
Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now? Music embodies me and makes me who I am.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
What genre of music would you perform? Why?
You know, I've always thought about this myself. I don't know what genre I would fall into, or even how I'd like to sound if I ever had a music career. I play the piano, so I'd definitely incorporate that somehow, but other than that I haven no idea.

Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band?
Most likely a solo act but I wouldn't mind being a part of a duo. Preferably no more than two people, though.

Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name?
I would use a stage name which would just be changing my last name. To what? I have no clue.

If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with?
Piano, guitar, and violin for sure. I just have to learn to play the last two. XD; I would definitely incorporate more instruments than just those three; maybe a synthesizer and some drums.

Would you write your own songs?
Yes. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bonus: Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now?
Absolutely. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Years
It would be metal. Why? Because I love that type of music and I would feel right at home playing it.

Would have to be a band.

Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name?
Yeh, I would keep my own name.

Well, I can play guitar and drums and I can sing as well. So, I would either go for a lead guitarist on mic or drummer.

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

Music is a very big part of my life. I can't live without it, very simple. Even if I forget my iPod, I will go back and get it. I will also delay leaving if my iPod doesn't have enough battery! XD​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I can imagine myself as some sort of jazz pianist, simply because nowadays that's the type of stuff I play whenever I sit down to a piano. It's fun to simply improvise and create a tune as you go along, with nothing but blues notes, a little bit of syncopation and a whole lot of sadness to work with.

A house band accompanying me would be good to have, but I'd be the one calling the shots about music and such.

As narcissistic as this sounds, probably something like 'Mr Cat Dog and the Rest of the Zoo' would be ideal. (Obviously with my real name... keep the band name, though!) It has like a Frankie Valli/Herbie Hancock vibe to it which gives it a touch of class. It also gives at least some credit to the house band without letting their heads get too big (like mine currently is!)

Piano, as I can play it now and feel very comfortable doing so. Although I would like to learn saxophone - keeping up with the jazzy thing I got going! - as I've always loved the sound and timbre those things make. Maybe drums too... I can play a 'rock beat' but not much else. In Rock Band, however, I'm an ace at the drums. Surely they're transferable skills...?

Ideally, yes. They'd probably be instrumental jazzy types, maybe with a few guest vocalists thrown in to attract a more commercial audience.

Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now?

Unfortunately, not particularly. I go through music binges where I discover new artists/bands that I like and listen obsessively to them, but they come and go, and there are long swathes of time where I just. don't. care. Like, at all. I can appreciate good music, but a lot of the time, I just don't have enough of an interest to go and seek it out.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I don't know. Perhaps something like early Chicago and Blood, Sweat & Tears. Jazz-Rock, but more on the rock side than the jazz side. Chamber pop might be fun as well. I just love some good pop with an orchestra behind it. Orchestral music is awesome.

Band, I guess.

As if I know what it would be... Never seriously considered this kind of thing. I wasn't born to be a performer.

Instrumentation very similar to Chicago/Blood, Sweat & Tears. In other words lots of brass and saxophone. Possibly other orchestral instruments as well... on occasion. Mostly woodwinds since I am a woodwind player and love them. lol

Idealistically, yes, but realistically no.

Yes.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
What genre of music would you perform? Why? Vintage rock, most likely. Or some form of Alternative rock. I have always felt more attuned to the lyrics and music of those genres.
Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band? I would most definitely be in a band. I know that the members are more likely to have quarrels, but... you'd be able to do more and share more with people.
Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name? I'm not sure, to be honest. It'd be a band, so... I guess it really depends on how the other members felt. And what we felt best represented us and our music.
If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with? I would love to play bass or guitar in some form. Heck: piano would be nice too, if there were songs that called for one.
Would you write your own songs?I'd prefer to write a couple of my own songs and perform them as I felt them come naturally, but... so long as the lyrics are something I could feel, I'd gladly do my best to play whatever.
Bonus: Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now? You've no idea just how much of a yes that would be. So many songs have made such huge impacts on me lately and others have spoken words for me when I myself can't find the courage or ability to say them.

Years
I would play whatever style I was good at playing. I'd like to think that I would be the kind of music I listen to, sort of electronic/rock mixture, but if I found my calling somewhere else I wouldn't want to force myself away from it.

It would be nice to have other artists around to bounce ideas off of. I'm not so egotistical that I would feel like someone was trying to crush my artistic spirit because they wanted to do something different than I did. I'd want their input. I can be pretty unimaginative at times so it would be best to have someone else to help pick up the slack.

Well, if it was a group then it would need a name and that's what it would go by so I don't think I'd need to come up with a stage name. I dunno. Maybe I would if it seemed to fit into whatever kind of music I was doing. No idea what that name would be.

I have no musical talent whatsoever, but I like the piano. If I were making music I think it would always need piano in it somewhere or somehow, or at least keyboards. I wouldn't need to be the one playing them of course, but it would be nice if I were. I can't think of anything that appeals to me as much. I'd want a range of sounds though: guitars, flutes, synthesizers. Anything would be good.

Sure I would. I'd also be okay with performing songs by band mates or other people's songs and letting other people play my songs.

It's a pretty constant part of my life since I listen to music every day, but I don't know if I would say it's a big part of my life since all I do is listen to it.

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Everything, lyrical based like, rap, voicalists in metal mands. With my own made style surrounding and covering it.

Solo act. I don't want people trying to change anything from me.

Usul, like on this forum; lol.

Guitar (Any sort) which makes mine music flow better.

I'm already doing that, sort of.

Music is my life.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
What genre of music would you perform? Why? Ambient music, without a doubt. My musical enjoyment has developed over the years from leaning more and more into soothing, instrumental, and electric music.
Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band? Most likely solo, unless I find someone who can feel the same way as me about the music.
Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name? I honestly don't know. Good chance I'd go with a stage name, but I've got no idea what it would be.
If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with? Most likely a variety of synthesizers, guitars, maybe some drums. A great instrument is also your voice, having some vocals in music can add such a great atmosphere. I'd love to incorporate a mellotron too lol.
Would you write your own songs? Of course! One of the best things about being an artist is the creative process and seeing your work come to life, whether it be in music or something like drawing.

Bonus: Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now? Most definitely. I listen to music almost 24/7, whether it's on my computer or my iPod, or even in the car on the radio. Day and night. Over the last couple years, I've developed a constant ringing in my ears. Sleeping is nearly impossible for me unless I've got music playing, that alone makes it a huge part of my life.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • What genre of music would you perform? Why?: Hip-hop or rock because they're my favorite genre
  • Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band?: In a band
  • Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name?: Yes, I'd keep my original name.
  • If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with?: Drums or piano
  • Would you write your own songs?: No, it's hard for me to write my own songs.

Years

• I'd definitely perform Pop music. It's my favorite genre and it never fails to put me in a good mood. I'd want to share with people the joy pop music brings me and hopefully brings them as well.

• Solo act! Band's are too much drama.
  • Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name?
    • My original name! (Angel)
    • Probably piano or acoustic guitar
    • I'd like to, but not necessary!
  • Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now?
    • Most definitely! I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for music. It completely embodies me and not listening to music can ruin my day!

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
Years

• What genre of music would you perform? Why? Gothic rock. It's so dark and beautiful.
  • Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band? A band.
  • Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name? No. The band would be called StormyxNIGHT.
  • If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with? Guitar and/or vocals.
  • Would you write your own songs? No. We would do it together.

• Bonus: Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now? Yes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Reggeaton or Hip-Hop, because they are my favorite genres :D

Either solo or in a duo.

My stage name would be....."
Exteriores" or something else...

My voice :D or a guitar.

Yessir.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
•What genre of music would you perform? Why?
80's-style pop music, mostly love songs. That's the type of music I've been listening to almost constantly for the past decade.
•Would you be a solo act or would you be in a band?
Either one, though if I was solo I'd still need a backup band to handle the instruments.
•Would you keep your original name? If not, what would be your stage name or group's name?
I'd probably use my real name, unless I get a shot of inspiration for a really cool stage name later on.
•If you can or if you could, what sort of instruments would you perform with?
I know nothing about instruments, lol. I know I want some of the 80's style synthesizers as part of my sound, though.
•Would you write your own songs?
Better not trust me to do that, lol
•Bonus: Would you consider music to be a big part of your life right now?
A fairly large part of my life. I don't play it but I listen to it almost constantly, even muting the sounds on my Pokemon games to listen to my 80's music.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
ROCK N' ROLLLLL. best genre of music out there :) it's my favorite and I would have the most fun with it.

band.

I'd keep my own name, maybe just go by my first only?

I would be the lead guitarist and I would have a sexy custom made gold guitar and I would have Slash, Joe Perry, and Eric Clapton sign it for me <3

the singer can do that, I'm not very good at song writing or poetry tbh.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Either pop or R&B thanks to all the K-Pop I listen to. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of alternative rock or pop-rock on the side as well~
I'd rather go solo, even though being in a band would be awesome. Mainly because I'm really stubborn and like to use my ideas over others. XD
I would use only my first name and add some kind of style to it. :3
If I were in a rock band, I'd try for lead vocalist and guitarist, because I don't just want to stand around doing nothing when the guitar solo pops up. XD
I would at least attempt to. If I don't think my lyrics are effective, I'd get someone I trust to help me write lyrics.
It's not a major part of my life right now, but I really don't want to give music up right now. I'm loving it so much, and it really helps me to remain focused on tasks and goals.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Um, bit of everything really. Bit of light electronic stuffs, experimental, bit of rock, definitely some acapella pieces.

Well I want to do acapella / one man semi skittish songs, not really serious, but if I was in a group with a couple of friends, that'd work too I guess.

If I was solo, I'd probably keep my name or some variant of a nickname or something, compile some nicknames together. If I was in a group, we'd have some witty, funny and awesome name. Not sure what exactly, but definitely as described.

I think the acapella above kind of answers this. But I do have a ukulele that I'd love to really learn to play properly! Also, like make instruments like blowing on bottles, clapping, hitting spoons to metal things and anything other possible combination which gives a nice sound!

To start off, I would definitely stick purely to cover songs. Then later on when I got some confidence and more skills, I'd try make some songs. I'm not a maestro or anything, so it would probably end up being like freestyle, comic pieces.

Well having finished school I am no longer part of a choir or acapella group or even a musical which seemed to keep me occupied throughout school, but I definitely love listening to music and won't be found without my iPod wherever I go. It is definitely important to me, even if listening is all I do, it is pretty big part of my life just because I love it so much.

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
I wish I could write the music thats in my sigpic... beautifulll....

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
Years
I would perform a mixture of rock, hard rock, blues rock and electric blues.

I'd start off in a band first and then if I felt I could solo then I would. If I couldn't improve my singing then I'd just stick with a band.

I would use my original name if I soloed. Might shorten my first name to Johnny.

I'd play the electric guitar. Would like to be a singer as well. Might need a bit of improvement though.

In a band I would help out a bit but if I soloed I probably would but I would also do a good few cover songs as well.

I would definitely consider music a big part of my life and it will always be.

Back