• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team LegendaryTrio (recruiting)

What should the region name be?

• Trident

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Trinity

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Zephry (z-ef-ree)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Xinny (zin-ee)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fariy (fa-rye-ee)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sarinee (sar-in-ee)

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Niven

• Fanto

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Legend Islands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
Intro

Welcome to Team LegendaryTrio! I am Niven. I haven't been hacking for too long now, but I have had an idea for a hack for quite some time.The game takes place in the Sarinee region. I'm a big picture kind of guy, so I'm gonna need help not only with hacking but with storyline writing too. The story is gonna be posted below. I'm a scripter and i can do some basic mapping. I hope that this team can make a great hack, not necessarily one of "The Great" hacks like, light platinum and shinygold, but a hack that people will actually want to play. I think that with some help, Pokemon Trio Version (:D for using 3 colors) can be my first ever REAL rom hack. Also, I won't work anyone to death. If I give you an assignment, and you need help with it, don't have time to do it, don't know how to do it, or anything else, just ask me or someone else for help. Remember, we're a TEAM, and there's no I in team.

Projects
The current project is: Pokemon Trio Version
Base Rom: Fire red
Percentage done:
Alpha 1(about 45% done):
Code:
[CENTER]First town [100% mapping/ 99% scripting]
route 1 [100% mapping/ 0% scripting]
second town [80% mapping/ 1% scripting]
route 2 [nothing]
Third town/gym [70% mapping/ 0% scripting][/CENTER]

Open Positions
badly needed
really needed
needed
kinda needed
Not needed

Scripters (when finishing an assignment, please send me a list of the flags that you used)
Mappers
Tile makers
Tile insertrs
Spriters ( OW, Fakemon [ front sprite,back sprite] Trainer,etc)
Music inserter
ASM hackers
Title screen editors (also be good if you can also edit where it says gamefreak and stuff like that)
Banner makers (if you can do something else too, that'll be great)
Writers
Composers (for music editing)
Beta Testers
Co-leader (To help me manage the team, just one)
World map editor
other (If you have other hacking skills not mentioned, that you think will be helpful then apply and say what they are)

Current Members
Niven- Leader, Scripter, basic mapping, writer
OminousMix - Writer, Banner maker, Spriter inactive for over a month. Not fired, just wanna let you know that he's inactive
Haxofreak - Scripter
M.L. - Mapper
Baladamy - Mapper FIRED!
Dude2207 - Beta tester, spriter
.Mini - Graphic Artist
UnForgiven* - Scripter
teejermiester - OW spriter
EdensElite - TitleScreen editor, Beta tester
PokemonyellowX - mapper, pokemon spriter

Application Form
Job applying for:
Proof of Work:
Method of Contact:
Experience:

Story
Finally, what you've been waiting for, the story. When You wake up on morning,your Mom greets you with a Happy Birthday(you just turned 10)and a present(running shoes)!When you go outside,You see a strange man Interrogate Prof. Spruce! After listening in on their conversation, you'll go over to help the professor. You end up battling the stranger, using a Pokemon you got from the Professor's briefcase or whatever..After you have beaten the stranger,Prof. Spruce will be amaze by your Battling Style, and tell you to meet him in his lab.He gives you a long talk, your starter (The one used to battle the stranger), and other stuff! Soon afterward, your adventures begins! What legendary Pokemon will you meet? Who is team Sky? Why couldn't the professor just use a pokemon himself? What does the Sarinee region look like?Why am I asking so many questions? Chimchar? Find out the answers, by playing Pokemon Trio Version!!!!!!!

I have a lot of the story already planned out, but will need help with the details. If anyone has any ideas for the story, fire away! I'm very open-minded to disscussion about it. Also, if any members wants to know what I already have planned out, PM me.

Why should I join?
Your probably thinking, "Hmmm.... 7 or pizza. Hmmm...." Well I know that means that you want to know why you should join. Well, I can't get you pizza, but I will try to help with your hack projects. Also, why not join? I mean, think about it. The storyline, in my opinion, sounds great, this is a good opportunity for getting experience, this hack will be a challenge to make, etc. If your still new, then don't hesitate to apply. Anyone willing to try to help is welcome to join. We still need some members, especially world map editors, ASM hackers, tile makers/inserters, and spriters.

Other
The hack is coming on along just fine. When the first forms for all the starters (front and back sprites) are ready, will whoever has the .ips insert them in the game (sprites and stats) and give the .ips to a scripter(to edit the script where you get your starter so you pick from the new ones instead). Also you can go ahead and give it to a scripter to let them insert them and then edit the script.

Forgot to mention, I used JPAN's hacked engine on the hack (I figured it could help make this hack great). I soon realized that I don't really know how to do anything with it. I've only figured out the new multichoice boxes (which are used in the script where you get your starter). If anyone can do other stuff with that, say so, cause it could help out with the game.

BANNERS/BOX ARTS:

Spoiler:

Team Chat:
Code:
http://xat.com/L3gendaryTrio

News
I just sent the .ips to PokemonyellowX. So, that's who's got it.

Last edited:
Years
While this meets the requirements of a Team Thread, there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information on the actual hack- as in, it's pretty much like you're trying to bypass posting a hack thread, which is not allowed. So I'll approve this, but if you start trying to use it as a hack thread, I'll be closing it, without warning.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
Job applying for: Writer, Banner Maker, Spriter.
Proof of Work: Well you've seen my own hack thread so i think you have an idea of my current skills. I'm currently working myself to death so i might not be on at all times but i'm getting back bit by bit.
Method of Contact: PM, VM. Or if you have skype we can chat there.
Experience: Well i've started to make my own hack and i think i'm doing quite well.

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
Years
Hey since you need a scripter i'll join...
Job applying for: Scripter
Proof of Work: My own hacking team and hack(i'll attach a script too if u want)
Method of Contact: Skype:Haxofreak, Gmail:[email protected], P.M V.M
Experience: told you, i have a team and am scripter for a bunch of teams...

niven

Years
You're both accepted

@Ominousmix If you look at the features you'll see that i want to have a fakemon, that's a ghost/flying type, that's related to ho-oh and lugia. Can you sprite that? I was hoping that it could have Red eyes and sharp talons, sharp talons. You can be creative with everything else. When you're done either post it, or PM me.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
hi can im ganna apply but atm i cant give proof ask well people they know my work look around youll see it :)

Job applying for: mapper
Proof of Work:will post tommorow if needed
Method of Contact:skype or msn or here
Experience:uhm i have helped plenty of teams..... and have my own game but no team thread

niven

Years
M.L your accepted

Can you get the ips and do some mapping for the first town route 1. I want route 1 to be longer than it already is, and also longer than it 's wide. At the end block it off with trees until we start working on the second town. For the first town, just let it have a gym, a research lab, and two houses. You can make the rest of it look anyway you want to.

To anybody at all, if you have ideas for names for towns, people, or anything. Please tell me, cause I'm not good at naming things. I also want to change the name of Team sky to something else, Team Sky just doesn't sound evil.

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
I am bored and I want to do something. I will only be availible on weekeneds cause of school....... Plus, i kinda deleted all of my hacking tools except for advanced map...... lol

Job applying for:I'll try to do just a tiny bit of everything, but put me down as mapping. I could also do music editing, cause i have all of the hgss music :) also, Co-leader.
Proof of Work: attached map..... thats it....
Method of Contact: PM me, u can email me, but i prefer pm email: [email protected]
Experience: I worked on something before....... I used to script, then i forgot.....

I'm refreshing my memory on scripting, but for now, I am a intermediate mapper. I can't insert tiles, but I found a bunch of awesome ones.....

I have an idea for a name for a major city, Akurian City. Every pokemon game has a major city! :) I have way more names, but i'm just sharing one cause I am not officially in the team yet....

Last edited:

niven

Years
@Baladamy you're accepted. I'll put you down as a mapper and music editor. I won't put you down as co-leader, cause I'm waiting to see who all joins and how much everyone contributes to the hack before I pick a co-leader. Also, I like the name that you came up with.

I'll wait for M.L to map the first town and route before I give anyone else an assignment.

niven

Years
@Dude2207 I can put you down as a beta tester, but can't put you as a spriter until you show some proof. You can still post images of your sprites by:
Code:
[IMG]Insert URL here[/IMG]
or just attach images of your work (edit your post, make sure you clicked go advance, then scroll down until you see manage attachments). I need to see that before I put you down as a spriter.

.Mini

Graphics Artist
Years
Job applying for: Graphics Artist

Proof of Work:
aonoexorcist.png

archeops.png

blastoisex.png

worldofsprites.png

teamtanzanite.png

giftforjames.png

Method of Contact: Skype: DerFreedom , Steam: KawaiiDesigns Or you can contact me on here.

Experience: Well..I've been using Photoshop for a good..Year and a half to 2 years.. Not quite sure.

niven

Years
@Dude Ok, i'll add you as a spriter. Can you go ahead and make sprites for the 3 starters? I don't care what they look like, but I know that their type combinations are going to be:
Fire/Dragon - starting final form
Water/Ice - After first evo
Grass/Flying - After first evo
If you get stuck with one, OminousMix is another spriter on our team.

@Mini You're accepted. Can you also make tiles and fakemon, or just graphics. Also, we have our first banner, so you can wait a while before making another one if you want.

And to the guy who voted for the reigon name to be niven...
YOU RULE!

Last edited:

.Mini

Graphics Artist
Years
I've never made a fakemon, or tiles. I haven't really looked into making tiles yet. But i mean..I will eventually. But for now, strictly graphics.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Job applying for: Scripter!
Proof of Work: Uhmmm..if you have send me an assignment..you would see it :D
Method of Contact: PM OR VM
Experience: My own team and 5 or 6 Teams??

niven

Years
@Unforgiven you're accepted. You'll have to wait before I give you an assignment.

Update: !Since we have 3 scripters, I'll only accept one more!

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Job applying for: OWer
Proof of Work: You can look on my VM page for some (In my albums, sorry there isn't much there.)
Method of Contact:PM/VM
Experience: I've OWed for a few hacks, but none of them made it, so....

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
You're both accepted

@Ominousmix If you look at the features you'll see that i want to have a fakemon, that's a ghost/flying type, that's related to ho-oh and lugia. Can you sprite that? I was hoping that it could have Red eyes and sharp talons, sharp talons. You can be creative with everything else. When you're done either post it, or PM me.

Ok. I have 3 versions of that fakemon.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Well, not my best work. But i think it looks nice. Anyone that thinks they can edit it a bit to make it look better please do.
I call it Feyrios. You can change the name if you want to.
Also PM me when ready to discuss the story. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back