• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hello. I have some questions that bug me. :( Here they are:

1. Im wondering what are the safe flags to use in JPAN's fire red hack engine.

2. How do I edit the description of a move or the ability? :O

Thanks for those who can answer my question. :)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

They are exactly the same as this, but just check his documentation to see if he used any more to control some of his hacks.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
is no checklevel -like command? trying to figure out a way that the level of a pokemon is stored or checked and once you use a command like special 0xFE which deletes all pokemon in your party, then the new pokemon you get is of the same level of the pokemon you deleted

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

Another question from me.

So since I've decided to make a hack and came up with a strong storyline (I think). I realised I'm not good enough to make the hack all by myself. So I want to form a small team with skilled members. I know there is the 'Help recruitment thread' but I want to do it another way.

First of: Are there still people interested in making a hack and taking the time to complete it? Or is that amount descending?

Second: I've made a small, well lets call it Alpha, 2 places and 2 routes. All very basic and all unfinished. I've made them in the standard Firered with mostly recycled scripts, tiles, events and stuff. Just so there is a look and feel to it. My idea for this is, people who want to join the team should change something in the Alpha. That way I can see if we think the same and if we could work together. Of course when I will post this in the right category you will receive the main storyline and the idea of the hack on forehand. Is this doable and is this a good idea?

And last but not least:
If you guys think this is a good idea, where should I create the topic?

I know its quite a long story but I hope someone will answer me on this.

Greetings!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hi Guys,

Another question from me.

So since I've decided to make a hack and came up with a strong storyline (I think). I realised I'm not good enough to make the hack all by myself. So I want to form a small team with skilled members. I know there is the 'Help recruitment thread' but I want to do it another way.

First of: Are there still people interested in making a hack and taking the time to complete it? Or is that amount descending?

Second: I've made a small, well lets call it Alpha, 2 places and 2 routes. All very basic and all unfinished. I've made them in the standard Firered with mostly recycled scripts, tiles, events and stuff. Just so there is a look and feel to it. My idea for this is, people who want to join the team should change something in the Alpha. That way I can see if we think the same and if we could work together. Of course when I will post this in the right category you will receive the main storyline and the idea of the hack on forehand. Is this doable and is this a good idea?

And last but not least:
If you guys think this is a good idea, where should I create the topic?

I know its quite a long story but I hope someone will answer me on this.

Greetings!

I'd say maybe post it in Team Discussions? It sounds like an interesting idea but the way you're describing it, the people playing it would probably be people who want to join your team.

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
I'd say maybe post it in Team Discussions? It sounds like an interesting idea but the way you're describing it, the people playing it would probably be people who want to join your team.

Thanks for the input!

You mean like they already want to join? Well that's why I asked if its still popular. Lets say I want 2 spriters and there are 5 applicants. I think its a nice way to see if we think the same. But if its not that popular anymore and I'm not a big name here who have made already a great hack I'm not sure if there will be any applicants :P

PS I really like your style of Pokemon Cyan!

Greetings

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
i will repost my question, maybe sombody now can help me, it's possible to show the nature of a wild pokemon, maybe below the ho bar, how can i do this?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
i will repost my question, maybe sombody now can help me, it's possible to show the nature of a wild pokemon, maybe below the ho bar, how can i do this?

I'm not sure, but all I can say is try something with ASM? I wouldn't expect it to be easy though, and I've got no clue where you'd find anything about the box displaying HP/species/gender in the rom.
I hope this helped some.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
i know this is bad, but serching through hundreds of posts is tiring...
But I am looking for a snow Tile set for An Emerald Hack. Palettes and tilesets is what confuses me, even with tutorials.....

So basically, does anyone have any tilesets they are willing to let me use that are based from snow and ice and all that jazz?
Also, will It have the palettes changed and everything?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Thanks for the input!

You mean like they already want to join? Well that's why I asked if its still popular. Lets say I want 2 spriters and there are 5 applicants. I think its a nice way to see if we think the same. But if its not that popular anymore and I'm not a big name here who have made already a great hack I'm not sure if there will be any applicants :P

PS I really like your style of Pokemon Cyan!

Greetings
Well if the release is more so you can get help with the game, instead of just people playing it, then Team Discussions would probably be right. The Progressing Hacks forum isn't really for recruiting team members. >_>

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Well if the release is more so you can get help with the game, instead of just people playing it, then Team Discussions would probably be right. The Progressing Hacks forum isn't really for recruiting team members. >_>

Ok thanks for the help! And I will wait some months because of the 3 month rule in Team Discussions.

Years
I want my game to start on 1 Island how would I do this? Basically you start off on 1 island then you take a boat to the main land how would I accomplish this would it be like a ss anne thing and if so how do I change the destinations? would it have to be a custom script?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I want my game to start on 1 Island how would I do this? Basically you start off on 1 island then you take a boat to the main land how would I accomplish this would it be like a ss anne thing and if so how do I change the destinations? would it have to be a custom script?
You'd have to change the start map for the player to wherever you want to start at in one island and then probably rewrite the script for the ferry so it takes you where you want.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Hello, I have a question.
So I was looking at the page for the 649 patch LB (its a closed thread), and I can't get the std.rbh. It seems the URL is wrong? Or is there no std.rbh there?
A bit of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Hello Fellow Gamers I am New Here and I Don't Know if this is the right place to Post this I have never hacked a rom in my life i love playing hacks but have yet to hack one myself i would like to learn how but i have no idea where to start is there someone who can help me get the hang of things?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello Fellow Gamers I am New Here and I Don't Know if this is the right place to Post this I have never hacked a rom in my life i love playing hacks but have yet to hack one myself i would like to learn how but i have no idea where to start is there someone who can help me get the hang of things?

Download a Ruby/Emerald/FireRed ROM from Google.
Then download the two basic hacking tools: mapping and scripting.
Then try to mess around with the tools to get the hang of them.
Mapping Tutorial | Basic Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Having a little trouble searching for this but, I can't seem to find a way to change the abilityof pokemon. Could someone point me in the right direction of that even exists?

Edit, the change doesn't seem to affect active party pokemon(or the ones in the computer obviously) and I think that's what I'm looking for at the moment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Having a little trouble searching for this but, I can't seem to find a way to change the abilityof pokemon. Could someone point me in the right direction of that even exists?

Edit, the change doesn't seem to affect active party pokemon(or the ones in the computer obviously) and I think that's what I'm looking for at the moment.

So what you did was give a Pokemon a different ability and it doesn't show up when you check the summary?
I had this problem before. I fixed it by going to the PC and picking it up and then dropping it. This appears to reset stats (if you cheated and gave them 999 or something) and heal the Pokemon.

Or maybe the ability you gave it is on the other ability slot and you got a Pokemon with the ability from the opposite slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back