• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Zeffy said:
Gryffindor gets the glory most of the time. What about Ravenclaw? ;A;
And other houses for that matter. xD

Well, about that. On a test I took long time ago, I was borderline Ravenclaw-Gryffindor. So I would still be happy being in Ravenclaw, though I'm not really that clever.

I notice that Gryffindor and Slytherin are the two extremes of the spectrum, while Ravenclaw tends to side with Gryffindor and Hufflepuff sides towards Slytherin. Further proof: note the locations where the dormitories are. Two towers; dungeon and kitchen.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
As much as I love Gryffindor, they do get too much glory. The other houses need some love too! Whenever I RP on Harry Potter RP forums, my characters are usually in one of the other three houses. (Although on the one I'm on now, one of my characters is a Gryffindor alumni, but she fits in Gryffindor more than any other house.)

Seungri

Victory 승리
Years
What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core):10" hawthorn wood, with a dragon scale core.
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: no good. :o

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The reason why Gryffindor gets so much glory may be that it's in their blood. Descendants have that in them. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be Gryffindors, now would they?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The reason why Gryffindor gets so much glory may be that it's in their blood. Descendants have that in them. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be Gryffindors, now would they?
No. Just...no. That would just contradict the fact that there are 4 houses, of which all founders have their own glory. ;A;

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
So if every house has their pride and glory, are you saying that Gryffindor is biased to get most of it?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
So if every house has their pride and glory, are you saying that Gryffindor is biased to get most of it?
Gryffindor just gets most of the glory in the books/movies, yes. Harry Potter is in Gryffindor so its kind of obvious that its a bit biased.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think it's more like more individuals from Gryffindor get the glory, and therefore collectively they are more glorified by others than the rest of the houses.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I should actually post here for once. :V
Yeah, it's more based off the individuals in Gryffindor. Especially Harry Potter. He WAS the Boy who Lived, so yeah. xD;

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Before the events in the books, Slytherin always won the house cup though. So that proves the Harry Potter biased thing. xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The House Cup isn't necessarily a matter of glory, though. I mean, it's not won by glorification. And the Slytherins weren't even really glorified after they won at all either, from how I understand it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The House Cup isn't necessarily a matter of glory, though. I mean, it's not won by glorification. And the Slytherins weren't even really glorified after they won at all either, from how I understand it.
But it still contributes to the topic that it becomes biased to Gryffindor because of Harry Potter.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
This is probably true, although that... was mostly Dumbledore's choice in the first book. Redeeming him in the eyes of his peers and all.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
xDD;;
DUMBLEDORE: Slytherin wins!
SLYTHERINS: Woo!
DUMBLEDORE: Haha... Just kidding. Gryffindor wins.
SLYTHERINS: :(
DUMBLEDORE: /trollface

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I wonder what would happen if Hermione was sorted into Ravenclaw. Someone else must've took her place. Perhaps Neville? I don't even know. D| trololol Neville x Ron

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
ryffindor just gets most of the glory in the books/movies, yes. Harry Potter is in Gryffindor so its kind of obvious that its a bit biased.

Because it is his story. If it was anyone else's then you'd see how jealous they'd be of Gryffindor.

I wonder what would happen if Hermione was sorted into Ravenclaw. Someone else must've took her place. Perhaps Neville? I don't even know. D| trololol Neville x Ron

Good question. Who was the second-smartest person of their generation? No one even bothered putting up their hands cause they knew Ms. Know-It-All would take all the uh--ahem--glory. XP

Man, just when this discussion was getting to the good part. I missed stuff like this back in the ol' days. :P

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Second smartest person in their generation? That's one thing I can't say exactly. xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Second smartest person in their generation? That's one thing I can't say exactly. xD
Speaking of Hermione...

tumblr_le7dinUMX61qbryyno1_500.gif

I felt that was necessary. Well, she god sorted into Gryffindor for a pretty good reason. She's done some pretty brave stuff. Remember when she punched Draco? Damn, only I would do that :3

Back