• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Braces

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Do you wear braces? If so, what do you think of them? How were you able to cope with the frustrations in the first few days of wearing your braces? Do you think other people look better with braces?

As for me, I wear braces. I personally think braces are nice and that other people look good when wearing them. I was also frustrated on my first few days, as I really love food, and soup was pretty much the only thing I ate. The poking wires also were irritating. Whenever I have them tightened, it feels like the first day of my braces all over again, except I was able to eat. How about you?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't wear braces, but I might wear braces soon after my 4 wisdom tooth are taken out. My two front teeth are pushing themselves in front >.<

Honest

Hi!
Years
I was supposed to wear braces a few years ago, cause one of my teeth is sorta misaligned. But the orthodontist said that to put them on, they'd need to remove my canines, and my mother didn't want that. So nope, no braces. I don't mind, to be honest.

Sirfetch’d

I had braces when I was younger and I hated them, but I think that they actually look nice on people.

Years
My teeth may look a bit weird but funnily I don't have braces and if I did it wouldn't be comfortable.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I wore braces for about 3-4 years when I was in grade school and part of high school. Or I think that's when it was--maybe they were out before I was in high school in which case I wore them for significantly less time. I had an impacted tooth that had to be pulled down and I think a slight overbite was fixed as well. After they came out, I wore a permanent retainer for many years which was essentially like reverse braces--on the inner side of my teeth rather than facing out. I put up with them until the year before last and then I got them removed in favour of a nightly retainer instead. I vastly prefer it.

I'm glad I had the dental work done but I don't miss it at all.

Years
I had braces on and off for like 5-6 years. It's been at least that long since I've had them, so I hardly remember them very much. First I had braces on just my 4 top teeth, and then a little down the road got them all over. Getting my teeth at a decent level took not just braces, but removing a handful of teeth, expanding my upper jaw twice, two different kinds of headgear, and finally, a permanent retainer on my bottom 4 front teeth that I'm not sure if it even needs to be in there anymore... but I can't afford to see a dentist for a teeth cleaning, let alone an orthodontist to see what needs to be done with it.

I'm just glad I didn't have to wear headgear to school. ;___;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I wore braces for about 3-4 years when I was in grade school and part of high school. Or I think that's when it was--maybe they were out before I was in high school in which case I wore them for significantly less time. I had an impacted tooth that had to be pulled down and I think a slight overbite was fixed as well. After they came out, I wore a permanent retainer for many years which was essentially like reverse braces--on the inner side of my teeth rather than facing out. I put up with them until the year before last and then I got them removed in favour of a nightly retainer instead. I vastly prefer it.

I'm glad I had the dental work done but I don't miss it at all.
I have the nightly retainer and the permanent retainer o.o

Anyway, I had braces starting in... I think the summer between 7th and 8th grades. They stayed on until hmm... some point before the summer of grade 11 because that's when I got my wisdom teeth out.

In addition to the braces, I also had for the first two years or so something they called a "butterfly". This metal thing that would hang down from the top of my mouth to prevent my tongue from resting against my top front teeth. In addition to that I'd have to insert this metal tool into it every few days and crank it to expand my jaw - which was a strange sensation.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't really care if other people have them. I guess I don't pay much attention to the matter.

I had a really bad overbite (my dad used to call me "ferretface" because of it) when I was younger, but it was fixed by two different jaw appliances. One of them was pretty much some metal bars cemented to my teeth, connecting my top and bottom jaw. It just was annoying that sometimes when I opened my mouth too far (even yawning would do it) caused the bars to disconnect, and I'd have to spend time blindly trying to put them back together. It also was horribly painful to have it adjusted, which only had to be done, thankfully.

But people couldn't see it, unless I were to open my mouth and let them see.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
My mom planned to get me on them years and years ago. Due to financial troubles though, it never happened, and it's all up to me in the distant future if I want them.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My teeth are rather crooked you could say and some are all over the place, so I'll definitely be getting braces soon,after I get all of my wisdom teeth removed ;___;. I don't judge people whether they wear braces or not and honestly it actually looks pretty nice on some people! As for if braces are comfortable or not, I've heard they can be rather painful but other than that they're perfectly fine! :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I've never had to have anything put onto my teeth; so you could say I'm really lucky in that respect. I've got to get my wisdom teeth taken out though if they begin to cause trouble or impact on my bottom teeth. (My top ones lay dormant for now), but so far they are fine. I've been lucky enough to grow up with what my dentist regards as ~perfect~ teeth, so I'm happy! BUT, I do clean them regularly and make an extra effort to make sure they're clean and healthy! 8)

Years
I used to have braces, (have a retainer now) got them off 12/12/12 (omg just realized how awesome that is!)

They didn't really bother me over the 4 years or so I had them - except for a few circustances. Obviously they were annoying the day after they were tightened, but whenever a wire poked, it would always slide out more little by little and become worse and worse :( Also, it was horrible whenever a chuck of the wire broke. But other than that (and flossing as well) they were fine for the most part, this thing that moved my entire lower jaw forward was MUCH worse. (it was a more modern version of headgear that fits completely in your mouth or something)

First I had braces on just my 4 top teeth, and then a little down the road got them all over.

I had that too! (except I also had a retainer five months before that) I never understood the concept of them being there, all on their lonesome. Like how is that gonna help? O.O

I wouldn't really say people look better or worse with or without braces. It isn't something I notice.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I escaped my teen years without having to have braces, which I am very thankful for. I had enough stuff taking away my self-confidence without adding that little nugget in there too lol.

I don't think other people look better with braces, but I do think they're well worth the time you have to wear them. They make you look better for the rest of your life once they're off! :D

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
I have braces yes, I can't imagine not having them on actually, I am used to them. I must admit, I like them.

Back