• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The game seems to be great! good job!
can I ask about the age of developers? who are the guys that can make such great games totally for free distribution? it looks so professional.

Second post i see from you speaking of free distribution. Every game in pokecommnunity is free, made from fans to fans. Also, making money with Pokémon's copyrighted content is a crime, so even if everybody would forget about the FAN thing (that means, doing this only for fun), this would still have to be free.

Hope i answered your question. And please stop insinuating people they should get any profit from fan-game developement, this is not a bussiness.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Second post i see from you speaking of free distribution. Every game in pokecommnunity is free, made from fans to fans. Also, making money with Pokémon's copyrighted content is a crime, so even if everybody would forget about the FAN thing (that means, doing this only for fun), this would still have to be free.

Hope i answered your question. And please stop insinuating people they should get any profit from fan-game developement, this is not a bussiness.

had to look up what insinuating was :(
i think he meant it as a compliment. Not as anything else, nor did he imply anything. And it wasn't a proper question, but rhetorical.

Great job anyway Xenotime team! I hope you're full version comes soon, but probably seeing as how awesome it is the full version won't come soon :(. maybe demo 1.0 ^^?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update!

Well it's definitely been a long time in-between updates this time - half a year in fact- and I don't think it's really been worth the wait. Ive been pretty busy with college so haven't had time to work on the game. All I have for you guy is... Version 0.5 of the demo beta! The demo goes up to Shrent City, and is around an hour long depending on how much your explore. I released it on my dA page a couple months ago, so by now there hopefully shouldn't be too many errors. Regardless, if you do find any then please tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3z8heaj7670ve9p

Once I have some feedback on any errors and other improvements I'll release an update in around a week.

If you want to see what you're going to spend a little while downloading first, I've also made a playthrough of it. There are four parts, with the others being found in the description. A lot of the errors in the videos have now been fixed.

Here's an error log:
*The title screen isn't animated. It was before, but has been temporarily removed due to an error.
*The title screen reappears for a split second if you start a new game.
*Some music takes too long to loop.
*Text entry boxes are not optimized for the resolution or fit with the rest of the GUI.
*You can't lose the first rival battle. (Well, you can, but you have to then redo it)
*Some times NPC lines aren't optimized for the resolution.
*Attempting to move during the lab scene may kill the game.
*"Brimstone Way" has no Pokémon encounters or trainers.
*Ashflow Outpost has no NPCs and the buildings aren't accessible.
*All of the homes in Shrent City are inaccessible. (most other buildings are still though)
*Just east of the third town, there is a route to no where.
*No gyms are accessible.
*Pidgey floats…
*By the end of the demo it is very incomplete. I considered blocking this area off, but thought it would be better just so people could at least see it
*Some of the menu system is out of date.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Downloading it now.
This looks amazing. Loving the idea of the baby pokemon.
Are there any more baby pokemon to come? or is this it? (not that im complaining)
Can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Lordgawain: Thank you. Yep, there'll be eight babies in total, one for each gym.

@Shaky: Loads of time, I know xD Thanks!

And does anyone have any feedback on the demo? Bugs etc.

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
O.o this is a nice game iam sure ill play this one keep it up ^_^

Years
Oh! A demo! I will download it after the Beta Weekend for GW2 and let you know anything I find. I really loved and continue to love this game!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
So this is the first game of its type that I'm trying out and I downloaded the .exe file. But when i try to run it, it extracts something but says Extract fail. Anyone help, please.

Years
It worked fine with me but i had the problem that after i select my pokemon the professor says some stuff. But it starts looping and he keeps repeating himself. :(

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
I think this is my second time returning after a long break and posting in this game's thread, but, Wow ! I really remember back when you launched this game (if im not mistaking and this is the same peeky chew and xenotime thread :S) and it gained popularity quickly and i gotta say just wow ! This game has evolved in the level of well Pokemon. it's great to see you're still going.

The game in all the screenshots seems to be quite interesting. I dont think i'll get around to getting that demo soon, but if i do maybe i could make a post that isn't just awe and actually has some criticism. Till then, keep fighting Peeky and finish this.... (if raptor is still the only finished game ) you could be the next Pokemon Raptor :)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
There is a game breaking glitch where after I get the starter and chose not to give it a nickname the professor is in an infinite loop of text. Hope this gets fixed I'm really looking forward to playing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back