• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let the sunshine in~ [OU RMT]

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
(I haven't made an RMT in so long so forgive me if this sucks.) We all know how awesome weather teams are (and by awesome I mean oftentimes annoying). And, thanks to fifth gen., there's more to just Hail and Sand in OU! I want to take advantage of the weather and make good Sun, Rain, and Hail teams. So, without further ado, I present to you my Sun team! Which I also consider one of my best teams so far, fff.

At a Glance

38.png
3.png
485.png
344.png
302.png
143.png

In-Depth

38.png

Cierra @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Calm (+Sp. Def. -Atk.)
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 / 0 / 140 / 0 / 120 / 0
~Rest
~Will-O-Wisp
~Flamethrower
~Hypnosis

I gotta admit, this Ninetales is much better than I thought she'd be. So far, she's been able to take quite a few hits from the standard physical and special attackers (even when the former aren't burned), and when her health gets low enough, she can simply ChestoRest it off. Hypnosis further helps her ChestoRest strategy so long as she manages to hit with it.

3.png

Gabu @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant (+Atk. -Sp. Atk.)
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 / 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 4
~Growth
~Seed Bomb
~Earthquake
~Sleep Powder

While I do miss my stalling SubSeed Saur, I've found that Physical Attacker Saur makes for a quick kill. All I have to do is Growth once and then proceed to own. His only worry is any Fire attack that comes his way.

485.png

Liza @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk. -Atk.)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 252
~Overheat
~Dragon Pulse
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power (Grass)

So Tormentran doesn't do well unless you have a good entry hazard Mon. However, Choice Specs Tran is pretty good. Overheat OHKOs a lot of things, and though it does result in a loss of Special Attack, it's unlikely she'll stay in long since a lot of people know how well Earthquake does against Tran and will thus try and utilize it.

344.png

Dreidel @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def. -Atk.)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 / 0 / 144 / 112 / 0 / 0
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin
~Earth Power
~Ice Beam

Here you not only have a spinner and an entry hazard Mon, but Claydol's Defense and Special Defense make it a bother. Want to switch in to a DD Dragon? If Stealth Rock is in play Ice Beam can easily OHKO said Dragon...and actually, I've been able to OHKO any Dragon that isn't named Dragonite without help from SR so far. It also makes a good lead in Wi-Fi battles where I find myself up against T-Tar or Hippowdon. It doesn't take any damage from sand and Levitate protects it from their EQ (with the exception of Mold Breaker Haxorus, of course).

302.png

Shade @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 4 / 0
~Calm Mind
~Shadow Ball
~Recover
~Will-O-Wisp

Honestly, I found that Dugtrio just wasn't working for me. Even after trying the moveset that DA recommended below I discovered I was terrible at figuring out whether or not I was faster and thus pretty much screwed up with it every time.

Now, during one battle with someone (which I lost), I realized I should probably have a spinblocker myself, which meant I needed a Ghost. I also felt that it should be Spiritomb or Sableye, and after a while I decided on Sableye because of Prankster. Prankster gives three out of four of its moves priority: Calm Mind, which boosts its Sp. Def. (and Sp. Atk. in the case that I actually need to use Shadow Ball); Recover, which helps restore its health furthermore; and Will-O-Wisp, which cripples physical attackers. With this Sableye, I beat the person who I had lost to earlier.

143.png

Luka @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk. -Sp. Atk.)
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 40 / 252 / 40 / 0 / 176 / 0
~Body Slam
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake
~Pursuit

Slow and steady wins the race. With the defense to get in at least one hit, Lax is pretty damn good. Body Slam for potential paralysis and STAB, Fire Punch for potential burn and enhanced power from the sun, EQ for physical attackers, and Pursuit for Mons (especially Ghosts) that you know are gonna switch out.

---

Any and all suggestions would really help; team building is definitely what I'm weakest in in competitive battling.

Last edited:

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'm building a sun team as well. I'm not to good at team building either, but I'll give the best advice I can.

I think Venasaur should have the 12 speed EVs in health to help maximize it's bulk. It has Chlorophyll so speed isn't a problem. Also, I don't know if Dugtrio should have the 32 into defense. It's weak to water, grass, and ice and the majority of those moves are special, so you might want to move those to Sp. Def. Chances are you'd be able to outspeed pretty much everything so it's up to you. I'd give Volcarona substitute, over Morning Sun,that way you can set up some quiver dances safely and swap out if you encounter any problems. It would take a little while longer, but by the time you set up a few quiver dances, Volcarona would be able to sweep effectively, with the leftovers gradually replacing the HP lost from substitute. Otherwise, I think your team is good. You might want another Sunny Day somewhere on your team just in case your Ninetails goes down early.

Hope this helps

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024

Honestly id make this thing bulky, all LO is doing is putting a timer on you vs other weather.

Ninetales (F) @ Chesto Berry Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Will-o-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Toxic / Hypnosis

Imo, at last it sticks around a little better.

3.png

Gabu @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 52 / 12
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Hidden Power (Fire)
~Sleep Powder

I guess, but i feel Growth LO +3 attacks is much more potent on such an offensivly inept team. Try Growth set as its really well supported by Dugtrio removing its main counters in Heatran and Blissey.

485.png

Liza @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk. -Atk.)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6/ 0 / 0 / 252 /0 / 252
~Overheat
~Dragon Pulse
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power [Grass]

No T-Spikes/Spikes means Torment Tran is poop. Use Specs Tran to nuke things. Pretty much nothing walls this in the sun.

560.png

Kyrie @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly (+Spd. -Sp. Atk.)
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 / 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 252
~Dragon Dance
~Drain Punch
~Crunch
~Ice Punch

Id probably replace this with a rapid spinner. Claydol is my ideal choice for a spinner on sun teams, drought weakens water hits against it it also gets SR and walls Terrakion well.

Claydol@Leftovers
252 HP / 144 Def / 114 S.Atk
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

Last slot up is up to you. Ice Beam KO's Dragonite after SR damage whilst Shadow Ball smacks ghosts decently looking to block spin.

51.png

Boota @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly (+Spd. -Sp. Atk.)
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 0 / 252 / 32 / 0 / 0 / 224
~Substitute
~Hone Claws
~Earthquake
~Reversal

CB dug is kinda eh as its highly frail and hard to switch in. Sash Trio however can directly switch into suns main threats and KO all of them. This is an unorthodox set but it works very well. Focus Sash gives you an auto death sentence against Tyranitar and Heatran with Reversal/EQ. Sub and Hone Claws is the other part of the set, this can eliminate Blissey totally and even squeeze a Hone Claws if you sub on its status, you can also sub down to Reversal range and actually KO Chansey too. Obv this is of importance as all 4 of them can stop your sun sweepers.

637.png

Corona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 / 0 / 216 / 0 / 0 / 52
~Quiver Dance
~Fiery Dance
~Bug Buzz
~Morning Sun

Yay, if you find yourself struggling with the CM Latios however, try CB/Offensive SNorlax in this slot with Body Slam/EQ/Fire Punch/Pursuit. Snorlax also gives you a buffer against foe Heatran.

---

Comments and thoughts in bold.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To add to DA's opinions on Venusaur, you can choose between Special Growth or mixed Growth:

Special:
-Growth
-SolarBeam/Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Sleep Powder/Sludge Bomb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Physical/Mixed:
-Growth
-Seed Bomb