• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: who here plays pokemon on their computers?

TardisHobo

piranhapunk
Years
I use VBA. I have all the actual games and stuff, but playing on that tiny screen really hurts my eyes and neck. Plus, yeah, speed button and built in cheats. The only thing that makes me grumpy is I just beat the elite four on fire red with VBA, and I can't get any futher than that. :( It plays the credits and sends me to the main menu. Sigh.

Last edited:

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Well for the nintendo ds I use my computer.

For gb/gbc/gba, nes, snes, sega (all consoles), n64, and a few others. I use my PSP :P. My gba took a dump and I can no longer play emerald now :/.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I own the tech to play the old games but choose not to. Let's see....no power problems, save whenever you want (I abuse this so much!) built in cheat device, speed button, can play hacks.....my only rule is that I refuse to download "New" games (I wait until they become a little more forgoten, perhaps obsolete)

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
i play on my MacBook Air, it's basically as portable as a GameBoy lol, but really i emulate because it's freeee. plus, hacks are 1337 :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I pretty much use emulators for most Nintendo games nowadays, I also download the ROMs of the web, 'cause I don't feel like buying them... and I'm not really the sort of person who supports proprietary software much. xD I mainly download the ROMs, research them and contribute to the ROM hacking community. ^^

Though... since there isn't any emulator for 3DS yet, I usually buy them in order to play them, as much as I don't support proprietary software much. xD

faospark

web Developer
Years
I pretty much use emulators for most Nintendo games nowadays, I also download the ROMs of the web, 'cause I don't feel like buying them... and I'm not really the sort of person who supports proprietary software much. xD I mainly download the ROMs, research them and contribute to the ROM hacking community. ^^
if there was a Like button here I would click it 9 times

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2023
Personally when a new game comes out i usually play it on the haldheld but once i have beaten it it goes right onto the emulator

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
I emulate games only if I can't play them on a console. I have a flashcard for the DS that can play GBA games, emulators on my phone (which I feel are like playing on a handheld console anyway), and a Wii that'll play downloaded ISOs of Wii and Gamecube games, so I don't really need emulators nowadays.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I played Gens 1 through 3 recently on emulators and they worked out fine and I enjoyed it, but I do enjoy playing on my DS more. I have Desmume for 4 and 5 but I don't really use it too often myself.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2015
How did you get a gba emulator on your PSP? I have one and want to be able to play ROM hacks on a handheld since I can't carry my laptop everywhere.

But what hardware do you use? Also, how do you get your ROM hacks on there to play?

I play on emulators all the gen games except for the ones on DS. I want to know how I can play the Rom Hacks on my DS or on my PSP. I see a lot of people were saying they play the roms on their PSP so I was wondering if yall could tell me how?

Last edited:

HaxingBH

HaxingBH
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2012
i do own a gba and a nds but i recently started a nuzlocke challenge and let's plays on youtube. so i do play on an emulator
:P

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I currently playing Fire Red, Pokemon Trading Card, Leaf Green, Yellow and Gold. But since I bought Soul Silver, and borrowed Black from a friend the emulator games have been taking a back sit.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Best to use a emulator on a laptop for older games, Plus you have lots of hacks of these games and you can enter cheat codes easier. Also speed-up is good for GB pokemon games :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I want to play NO$GBA but i can't seem to get the save file right i always end up not having any save file after i shutdown my pc. i followed tutorials but i seem to not save any file for pokemon white version. so sad. -.-

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Constantly, but every other time I use my PSP but I recently bought some flash carts so I could start playing rom hacks on my actual Game Boy. Nothing beats that!

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
I play Pokemon on my computer, visual boy advance emulator is best for it.

Back