• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It wasn't as good as their previous album unfortunately, but it was still good enough I suppose.

It takes a fair bit of time to get into Animal Collective songs though, so maybe I'll think of it better in a few weeks. I can't reccomend it as strongly as last night anyway. :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like Merriwether Post Pavilion, but that's my only exposure to AC. And when I say I 'like' the album, I mean I love the first couple of songs and then find the rest OK. 'Summertime Clothes' and 'My Girls' are all kinds of awesome, though. Might check this out eventually.

Years
What is this group's music like? Wikipedia tells me their genre(s) are: "Neo-psychedelia, Experimental music, Experimental rock, Freak folk, Psych folk, electronica, Art rock, Noise pop, avant-garde, ambient." Which tells me nothing, really.

I would check myself, but I have no sound on this computer I'm using.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's teen fiction well and truly aimed at little boys. It's very meh.

You mean... Sword Art Online?

Mentalii I'd give Sword Art Online a go! Despite being named such it's not really focused on battles or fighting, and so far is much more about how people struggle with the psychological battle of death/living in a video game.

I don't know if Lapras is talking about SA: O but I'd say she's definitely wrong - it's actually quite romance orientated, which balances it out to be quite unisex. The overall story and problems the characters face are also very adult, deep problems in most cases.

Years
I like Merriwether Post Pavilion, but that's my only exposure to AC. And when I say I 'like' the album, I mean I love the first couple of songs and then find the rest OK. 'Summertime Clothes' and 'My Girls' are all kinds of awesome, though. Might check this out eventually.

My Girls is definitely one of my favourite songs.

What is this group's music like? Wikipedia tells me their genre(s) are: "Neo-psychedelia, Experimental music, Experimental rock, Freak folk, Psych folk, electronica, Art rock, Noise pop, avant-garde, ambient." Which tells me nothing, really.

I would check myself, but I have no sound on this computer I'm using.
It's hard to describe really, as with most experimental music, it's pretty out there. People tend to describe them as 'Beach Boys on LSD', but that means little to me having experienced little of the Beach Boys.

I'd usually describe a band by describing which bands they're like which is pretty difficult in this case unfortunately. I could say some of their songs are like a very, very, very, very distorted version of MGMT.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
It's hard to describe really, as with most experimental music, it's pretty out there. People tend to describe them as 'Beach Boys on LSD', but that means little to me having experienced little of the Beach Boys.

I'd usually describe a band by describing which bands they're like which is pretty difficult in this case unfortunately. I could say some of their songs are like a very, very, very, very distorted version of MGMT.

Precisely. And alternatively, modern Beatles on LSD:

I've been hooked on these guys for months

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I read the first novel and watched the first 6 episodes and would not call that a romance aimed at both genders. The "Very deep, adult problems" are nothing more than you'd find in a Mirai Nikki or Naruto. Characters are forgettable, it has that not so nice over produced and clean cut visual style and I find it silly that an MMO is a place to gain a harem.

Editing my posts, how rude. I still feel my point was correct so I'm going to reword it.

Personally the only reason I would watch it is for the cute girls, a perfectly legitimate reason to watch an anime. Plot wise I'm not impressed but would probably not be so cynical if I hadn't already seen a lot of anime.

Hopefully my opinions haven't broken too many hearts.

Last edited:
Years

Gotta remember to check this thread when I'm somewhere I can listen to music.

I like the Beach Boys well enough so that sounds encouraging. (b'')b Don't know who MGMT is though. Feel kinda like I've lost touch with music lately. With media in general. I only saw Hugo last night even though everyone told me I should see it in theatres, which I never did.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Officer Harley reporting in for thread revival duty, over. If anyone else can hear me, please respond, over. Requesting backup, over.

It takes me forever to watch new films, ugh. I STILL haven't seen TDKR yet and that frustrates me a lot. A working girl like me just doesn't have the time for such frivolities at the moment :( However, when I go to America in a matter of two weeks, I hope to finally get back in the groove of seeing movies as they come out. I'm going to love that country.
God bless America, The South Will Rise Again, Long Live the Confederacy etc

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Backup has arrived.
I only go to see a movie or buy it on DVD if its something I REALLY have an interest in, so I don't end up seeing a lot of movies. But if I ever want to see something its not a problem because there are like 6 or 7 theaters within a 15 - 25 minute car drive.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I saw The Bourne Legacy last Thursday and I quite enjoyed it despite the weird and sudden ending which basically says "yes, there will be another sequel". Rachel Weisz and Jeremy Renner were very well cast and did great in their roles. I haven't seen the first three Bourne films though, and I'm assured they were much better so I probably wouldn't have enjoyed those so much had I seen them first.

Then last night I saw Total Recall. It was a decent movie for what it was, but I wasn't expecting it to be magnificent. I only went because I wanted to see Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel beat things up, and there was certainly a lot of that! But the movie was incredibly straightforward considering the trailers plugged it as some sort of mind-bending 'what is real and what isn't' sort of thing. I enjoyed it but it was ultimately forgettable. Most likely better than the original simply because it did not have Arnold Schwarzenegger lol.

Years
The last movie I saw in theaters was TDKR. (I think) I'll save the whole spiel and just say I was disappointed in it. It wasn't bad, it just really didn't meet my expectations.

And then the most recent movie I saw was Captain America. I wish I hadn't wasted my time. :(

@Harlequin You're coming to the home of the brave? That's cool! Perhaps NOT long live the confederacy though. :P :D

Shining Raichu

Years
You didn't like Captain America? I thought that was an awesome movie, I loved it! It was a little long (like, I thought it was over at one point but it was only like half way through lol) but I came out of it feeling like I'd seen a really good superhero movie. And it wasn't one of the more cliche ones like Batman or Superman that have had their movies done 15 million times over lol.

Years
Well, sure it hasn't been done a lot, but maybe there's a reason why haha. I don't know, it had maybe two jokes, the villain was...just kind of ridiculous and it felt very...formulated. Kid tries to prove himself. Fails. Still Fails. Super Powers. Battle. Success. Loses Friend, Nooooooooo! Battle. Win.

I'm being some what harsh, but I just really wasn't a fan. And the ending was just...bad. they tried to throw in one last little twist... I mean it wasn't too too terrible but I don't think I'd watch it again.

The batman movies are really funny, though (the really bad old ones) I mean, they had an exploding shark that latched onto Batman's leg and was only repelled with Robin's shark spray. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
When I saw Captain America, it was kind of involuntarily. My sister asked me if I wanted to go, but I didn't reply right away, so she bought the ticket anyway; I just listened to music through the whole movie. XD I watch the pretty picture, but I didn't really hear any of it - save for the ending, when I just got tired of listening to my music around that time.

Shining Raichu

Years
You two both suck :P.

And Golurk, the 'final ending twist' wasn't something they just put in just for the sake of attempting a final twist. It was the movie's lead-in to The Avengers. You'll find both Thor and Iron Man 2 would have had Nick Fury and the SHIELD people in there somewhere to lead those characters into The Avengers as well.

Years
Okay, one thing that really bothers me about Captain America. The sound on the video is terrible! The dialogue is all way too soft and the sound effects are way too loud. When I saw it first (not in the theatre) I had to keep adjusting the volume myself.

Bad sound, to me, is one of the greatest unforgivable sins of video. I can handle low video quality, bad computer graphics, blurriness, pixelation, and a dozen other things, but if the sound is off that just kills it for me.

Years
And Golurk, the 'final ending twist' wasn't something they just put in just for the sake of attempting a final twist. It was the movie's lead-in to The Avengers. You'll find both Thor and Iron Man 2 would have had Nick Fury and the SHIELD people in there somewhere to lead those characters into The Avengers as well.

I know, I just think they could of done it better, as it just seemed a little too sudden, kind of in your face. I haven't seen Thor or Iron Man 2, maybe if I'd seen them I'd be a little less harsh...

I agree with you Scarf, the sound was kinda crazy. And also, why did the disintegrator gun things only seem to disintegrate humans?

Shining Raichu

Years
BECAUSE THEY HAD THEIR PHASARS SET TO 'HUMAN'. WHO CARES.

lmao sorry I get very protective of my Marvel.

EDIT: Oh snap, that was my 5000th post. I used my 5000th post on that lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back