• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MAJOR Explosion at Boston Marathon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not disrespecting it I'm just saying it's being taken a little too seriously. They need to lay off of it a little and let the investigators do they're job and focus on it when they figure it out. Eventually they will find the dickless coward or cowards who did it, but I don't wanna see it and hear about it everywhere I go constantly until they find who's responsible. It's getting very annoying quick. It was reasonable to hear and focus on it the day it happened but they need to focus on other problems and come back to it when they got reliable sources. Now, they have nothing other than the same sources they had before so it's like a never ending routine. It's like watching the same commercial over and over again until it loses it's touch and you gotta come out with a new one. Sorry for weird analogy but it's the way I see it. You may think of it as a different way and that's cool with me but I wont bother taking notice to it anymore until they find the dickless coward.

When I said you were disrespecting it, I meant the way you seemed to treat the situation and the people that died as if it was nothing noteworthy. So perhaps it was your wording, which it's important to make sure you're clear when talking about things...especially heavy situations like this one. Otherwise you're just in for a world of misunderstandings.

As for investigations and such, then yes, that should quiet down since there's barely any information. I only think they keep putting it out on the air everyday because it's the most recent major tragedy here in the US. And of course, they're gonna keep doing it, and then when information finally comes in, it'll have a reason to come back to the air full force. I tend to not watch the news during any of these events though, which I recommend if you're someone that doesn't like seeing the same thing over and over until there are new things. I just use the internet as my news source, because that doesn't tend to happen online like it does if you tune in to the tv.

But I want to point out my previous...3 or 4 (?) posts had nothing to do with the information put out we've had so far. I hadn't given any of my opinions out about that till just now.

Edit: idk if it's just me, but the phrase "dickless coward" over and over in a serious discussion is just...really off putting and out of place. There are better ways to insult without sounding 15. js.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
@Blah. Yea thanks for understanding the way I see it. It's not helping the situation when they talk about it 24/7 and have nothing new to report. "Well, 3 people died with 100+ injured". "Here's the explosion at another angle so you can see exactly what happened." "Here's where the 3 bombs were.", etc. Yea we heard you the first 20 times we don't need an update on something we already know and see it as an endless process. I just wish they would lay off for a bit to get it off peoples minds until they find the dickless coward.

Years
The media just don't need to go crazy to the point that things get distorted and too much speculation occurs. The media reporting the bombing can lead to information coming in, it is just unfortunate people give false information for the sake of feeling important.

So yes, the media needs to tone it down but I think proper attention should still be given to the tragedy.

Years
I do believe that the conduct expressed on the thread is the product of not getting enough information, but being too pent up by the amount of media coverage. Even those who are waiting for more information are incited to "act" by calling people dickless cowards. Let's just wait it out, they're investigating into their 3rd day now so let's give them time and reserve our judgements until more is revealed.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Multiple news sources are reporting that a suspect is now in custody in relation to the bombings.

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 1:47 p.m. Wednesday ]
An arrest has been made in the Boston bombings investigation based on two videos showing images of the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend.

Link

BOSTON (AP) -- A suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is about to be arrested, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation said Wednesday.

The official was not authorized to divulge details of the investigation and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The suspect was to be taken into custody by federal marshals and taken to a Boston courthouse, the official said.

The official spoke shortly after several media outlets reported that a suspect had been identified from surveillance video taken at a Lord & Taylor store between the two bomb blasts.

Link

Let's hope that the person they have in custody is, in fact, the suspect.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
They just updated with this from your first link:

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 2:36 p.m. Wednesday]
There is conflicting information as to whether someone has been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. A federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend that someone was arrested. But later, two senior administration officials and another federal official told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.

It sounds a little confusing right now, but it also sounds like some progress is being made. I remember reading on a couple articles that the FBI are currently dealing with over 2,000 tips. Like gimmepie already mentioned, unfortunately a lot of those tips are probably just nothing made out to be something by someone who wants to feel like they're contributing to the investigation. I'm sure the FBI has to take every single one of those tips seriously for the sake of the investigation, and I'm sure some people earnestly believe they're helping.

I recall reading that the Saudi man with the student visa that we were told was in questioning as a suspect (but was later revealed to be a witness) was actually tackled and held down by someone during the bombs. It's kind of ridiculous that in a situation like that, someone is going to look for the first Middle Eastern person they see and actually hold him down for the police. Ridiculous and sad.

Years
It would be great if the major news networks would do some actual, you know, reporting. The way this whole thing has been handled is embarrassing. Nobody knows what the hell's going on.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
They just updated with this from your first link:

It sounds a little confusing right now, but it also sounds like some progress is being made. I remember reading on a couple articles that the FBI are currently dealing with over 2,000 tips. Like gimmepie already mentioned, unfortunately a lot of those tips are probably just nothing made out to be something by someone who wants to feel like they're contributing to the investigation. I'm sure the FBI has to take every single one of those tips seriously for the sake of the investigation, and I'm sure some people earnestly believe they're helping.

I recall reading that the Saudi man with the student visa that we were told was in questioning as a suspect (but was later revealed to be a witness) was actually tackled and held down by someone during the bombs. It's kind of ridiculous that in a situation like that, someone is going to look for the first Middle Eastern person they see and actually hold him down for the police. Ridiculous and sad.

Yeah, there have been a ton of conflicting reports, and now they don't have any suspect in custody apparently. I can't imagine how much pressure the authorities investigating this must be feeling. Like you said, though, there seems to be some progress being made. As always with these types of cases, there's going to be thousands of tips sent in that must all be investigated, and that takes time although most will end up being false.

When this story broke out Monday, a lot of people were quick to jump to conclusions that someone/some group of Middle Eastern descent committed the bombings, which probably has a lot to do with what happened on 9/11. It's unfair to automatically blame a certain group of people for crimes like this, and quite racist if you ask me, but that mindset will always unfortunately stick in the minds of many Americans. Whether it's fair to think like that or not is up for discussion. I think it's rash and discriminatory, but we can't change what's happened in the past.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Hmm, seems someone's trying to hide something. I want the goddamn truth not cover up lies from the government. This ****'s gettin old, I want warriors not cowards.

http://www.infowars.com/boston-bombing-culprits-found/

http://i.imgur.com/bFb5azLh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jCgAf8Y.jpg

If they got cameras like they say they do, then they shouldn't have a problem finding anything unless it was a false flag which wouldn't be surprising. But don't quote me on this because I don't wanna argue with brainwashed individuals, I'm tired of the lies.. A majority of America is starting to believe it's the government because of the evidence and the cover ups behind it.

Years
You know Alex Jones is making big business off of what he does, eh? That's his job, he's a radio host, he's supposed to be making shocking statements to keep his viewers up. I'm sure the police forces are using the same very footage - except they have a responsibility to society not like a looney private media exploitationist. When was the last time you saw police wave around evidence? Would they even do that in a court situation? Please consider the context in which real people do real jobs and the rule of law, not the trial by media.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Alex Jones is a crazy nutcase who sees conspiracies under his bed. For him, everything that happens in the universe is an evil plot concocted by the US Government in an attempt to steal your liberties and take over the world and he's the only one who can see it.

I'm sorry but a majority of America DOES NOT think the Government did it. A majority of America DOES NOT believe in crazy "Ivul guvnmt did it 2 take away our guunzzz and fredom 2!!" conspiracies- and I have data proving that! Only a ~20% of people believe in conspiracy theories.

Meanwhile, Alex nutcase Jones wants you to believe that the Sandy Hook shootings were an evil hoax from the guvmnt because there was a kid crying who was wearing the same dress as one of the victims- nevermind it was her sister. He's the guy who made "Loose Change", a movie about how the guvmnt was behind 9/11, a video full of so many lies, manipulated videos and deceptions it takes 132 pages just to explain how full of crap and lies that thing is (my personal favourite is when it tries to show how the towers collapsed a free-fall speed, which, in their case, would be 9 seconds, and would prove it was a controlled demolition if true. Then he shows a video of the second tower collapsing- he starts counting after the collapse has begun and cuts it with the collapse still going on, with 20 floors yet to go, because it had already beaten the 9 second mark! And he doesn't show the video of the first tower, which took even longer to fall! Wow, that's what I call an honest and reputable source.)

And yet, I look at that story and I still don't know where the "cover up" is. I see a story claiming that two guys are suspects of dropping bombs on backpacks, with pictures from CCTV's. Then I read that the FBI has arrested a guy under suspicion of dropping a backpack, after watching CCTV's. Where is the sinister guvmint conspiracy? I only see a police investigation.

Last edited:

TaylorJ52

Safe Driver
Years
It would be great if the major news networks would do some actual, you know, reporting. The way this whole thing has been handled is embarrassing. Nobody knows what the hell's going on.

I am of the same opinion (which evidently "contributes nothing to the conversation. Nbd.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
If you're putting all your trust in the blog of a radio host over the intelligence authority professionals with years of education, experience, and training, then the brainwashed one, as you put it, here is you.

The pictures may show suspicious people and goings-on, and I'd assume or hope it would all be examined. That is what they said they're doing. How do the pictures you linked to show government involvement or cover up?

The conference was delayed due to a false bomb scare, by the way. False or not, got to follow the protocol. More realistically, I think they'd want to make sure all their ducks are in order before they come out with a statement. Unlike radio hosts or the media at large who are merely reporting what they hear not what they investigated themselves. The media today in recent years is just reporting, not actual journalism unfortunately.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Found something I think is relevant to all those talking about how there are similar bombings every day in other countries that no one notices:
Spoiler:

Even the people who live in those countries aren't too riled up about it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The FBI has released photos of the suspects. I'm sharing this so others are aware and can get the word out.

Spoiler:

There's also video.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=534119353298365&set=vb.15704546335&type=2&theater

What makes me sad and angry is all the people commenting say they're Muslims. People who believe all Muslims are terrorists tick me off. If that were true, then Muslim family who live across the street from me would probably have bombed us by now.

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
If those guys were smart they wouldn't be in the US anymore. It took 3 days before they even showed us a picture of the possible culprits so they might be in another continent.

Here's another picture of the suspects that I found while going through reddit. It's clearer than any of the pictures the FBI are showing (It's a huge pic btw):

Spoiler:

It looks like suspect #2 doesn't have his backpack anymore

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What makes me sad and angry is all the people commenting say they're Muslims. People who believe all Muslims are terrorists tick me off. If that were true, then Muslim family who live across the street from me would probably have bombed us by now.

People still think that? One of them is clearly Caucasian...and the other appears to be African-American or Hispanic (picture isn't quite clear). Then again, maybe they're secret Muslims. Kidding of course. But yeah, I don't like it when people jump the gun either. Horrendously judgmental.

Years
They could be anarchists, I don't know. But I don't think that movement is going well lately. I don't think militiamen would do this, killing innocents.

Last edited:
Back