• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Entry 1:
- Starter choices were Celebi, Barboach and Dratini, I Chose Dratini.
- Dratini was female, Named her Liz.
- Spoke to mum, Received pokegear, heading to mr pokemons house.
- Wasted encounter on route 29 (no pokeballs)
- wasted encounter on route 30 (no pokeballs)
- Obtained Mystery Egg
- Saved
- Took Down The Rival which, for all intensive purposes, will be named Daniel.
- Gave egg to Elm
- Pokeballs!
- To Violet City
- Poliwhirl found and caught on route 31. Nicknamed Kevin
- Entered Dark cave looking for pokemon. Found a Venonat and decided not to catch it.
- Entered Violet City
- Sprout tower. Found shedinja and decided not to get it.
- Dominated sprout tower
- Pokemon center visit
- Faced Falkner and pulled through, used most of my potions though ._. gotta grind
- Saved.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
So after spending 30 minutes getting pictures on this reply I go to preview post but I need to have posted 15 or more things to post url's!
So here's you go I guess I'll just put up a little entry!
I don't start nuzlocke challenges til I get pokeballs!
-Entry #1-
1. Named myself Mik and my rival Mom.
2. My choice of starters respectively were Scyther, Ampharos, and Spearow.... I chose Syther
3. Did the whole parcel thingy for Oak.
4. Got my pokeballs time to start the challenge!
5. My first encounter on Route 1 was Lileep (caught) and named him Noodles!
6. Went to Route 22, first encounter there was Swampert (caught) and named him Swamp'd!
7. My first encounter on Route 2 was....... HOPPIP (caught) and named him Kirby.
That's all for now! Sorry for the quick session!

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I'm going to drop out of this, it's too difficult. :(

But, I hope everyone has better luck. :D

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Username: MattThePatrat
Game: White
Optional Rules: I must nickname every Pokemon.
I can only buy 4 items per town (includes Pokeballs).
I must draw a comic for each update.
I will allow myself to continue only if I have Pokemon in the PC.

This looks like a lot of fun! First update is coming soon.

EDIT: First Update!
-The Randomized starters were Swinub, Magmar, and Clefable. I went with Magmar because he is a boss.
-Beat both Rivals. Bianca chose Clefable and Cheren had Swinub.
-Nicknamed Magmar "Worf" after one of my favorite Star Trek characters.
-First Pokemon I saw on Route 1 was a level 2 Wynaut. I caught it and nicknamed "NearUseles" (the last s in useless wouldn't fit).
-Received a potion from the girl on Route 1.
-Went to the Pokemon Center in Accumula Town to heal up and buy 4 potions.
-Grinded Worf to level 8 and NearUseles to level 5.
-Defeated N.
-Healed at Pokemon Center.
-Saved.

Current Party
Worf (Level 8 Magmar)
NearUseles (Level 5 Wynaut)

No Casualties Yet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
2nd Update
-I started Route 2. The first Pokemon I saw was a Vileplume, but I accidentally killed it, so no catches for Route 2.
-I beat a few trainers. One of them paralyzed Worf (Magmar).
-I completely forget about the Bianca battle before Striaton City.
-With Worf paralyzed, her Clefable gave me a close call, but no casualties yet.
-Got to the Striaton City Pokemon Center. Healed up and bought 3 potions and a Pokeball.
-Went to the Trainer's School, easily defeated Cheren's Swinub and Venipede.
-Went to the Dream Yard, beat a couple trainers.
-Received a Skitty from the girl that normally gives the elemental monkeys. I creatively named it Kitty.
-Grinded Worf and NearUseles to level 15. Kitty to 16.
-NearUseles evolved to a Wobbuffet.
-The Striaton City Gym was a walk in the park. I may have overdone the grinding, but better safe than sorry.
-I received the HM Cut from Fennel.
-Saved.

Current Party
Worf (Level 15 Magmar)
NearUseles (Level 15 Wobbuffet)
Kitty (Level 16 Skitty)

No Casualties Yet
P.S. None of my Pokemon can learn cut and I need one that can. Could I just catch a Pokemon that can learn it and only use it when I need to? I would keep it in the PC at all other times and never use it in battle.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
2nd Update
-I started Route 2. The first Pokemon I saw was a Vileplume, but I accidentally killed it, so no catches for Route 2.
-I beat a few trainers. One of them paralyzed Worf (Magmar).
-I completely forget about the Bianca battle before Striaton City.
-With Worf paralyzed, her Clefable gave me a close call, but no casualties yet.
-Got to the Striaton City Pokemon Center. Healed up and bought 3 potions and a Pokeball.
-Went to the Trainer's School, easily defeated Cheren's Swinub and Venipede.
-Went to the Dream Yard, beat a couple trainers.
-Received a Skitty from the girl that normally gives the elemental monkeys. I creatively named it Kitty.
-Grinded Worf and NearUseles to level 15. Kitty to 16.
-NearUseles evolved to a Wobbuffet.
-The Striaton City Gym was a walk in the park. I may have overdone the grinding, but better safe than sorry.
-I received the HM Cut from Fennel.
-Saved.

Current Party
Worf (Level 15 Magmar)
NearUseles (Level 15 Wobbuffet)
Kitty (Level 16 Skitty)

No Casualties Yet
P.S. None of my Pokemon can learn cut and I need one that can. Could I just catch a Pokemon that can learn it and only use it when I need to? I would keep it in the PC at all other times and never use it in battle.

I would assume that you are allowed to if it's preventing you from continuing, however once u catch another pokemon that can use cut, you have to teach it to that pokemon and dispose of the replacement pokemon

My log:
-I had just started to make my way to Olivine City and I get encountered by a pidgey, I know just my luck.
-I go through the lighthouse with no troubles
-As I make my way to route 40 I'm told I forgot to pick up surf at Ecruteak :|
-So I'm now surfing on route 40 to be encountered by a zubat, yea my luck is just great
-Now on route 41 I encounter a lvl 89 tentacool o_O
My highest lvl pokemon was lvl 27 so that was the end of my run ;-;
Don't know if that counts but I'm pretty sure it does. Not sure if I'm gonna go another round with this game and challenge, but I probably try the challenge on another game if you guys say that tentacool was the end of my run

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
So yeah, I just got playing, and forgot to take notes, so this will be my final post. I beat Red, Huge thanks to Toad, my Politoed, who partially thanks to a lucky Aeroblast TM managed to follow me on my journey from the (almost) very beginning in Dark Cave. I'm sorry that I don't have more to show you, but I just wanted to get the word out here and get on with the challenges...

And to you who are still in the challenge: I wish you luck, and may the random TM's (which are awesome, i definitely recommend you using it to make your random journey even more random and fun! :)) be with you ^^

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Username: GoldenRayquaza
Game: LeafGreen

Optional Rules
Must nickname all Pokémon.
Make comics of your adventure and have fun!

Pokémon LeafGreen Emerald Randomized Nuzlocke Run

I started this out. I named my guy Noah and my Rival Red. I went through the Oak scene, and my starter choices were Girafirig, Sealeo, or Farfetch'd. I decided on Sealeo. Defeated my Rival easily. Sealeo knew Powder Snow, so Red's Bulbasaur was like battling a Magikarp.
Ultimate_Leaf_Green_Randomized.png

Proof right there, you skeptics. Anyway, I didn't have a Poke Ball, so I blew my wild Pokémon on Route 1. Oh well. Missed my chance at a Doduo. There were some pretty cool Pokémon on Route 1. Oh well. Like a Fearow. I'll grab something on Route 22, I guess. At least all the Flying types made Leo's training easy. I went into the Mart and got Oak's Parcel, and then grinded Leo to Level 10 before delivering it. Went through the Pokedex scene, got the Poke Balls, got the Town Map from Red's sister, and went to Route 22. Ran into a wild Kyogre, but I ran out of Balls and Leo was low on HP and I had to flee. On my way back, Red challenged me, but Leo only had 2HP and I lost. Thanks for putting the VS. Rival deaths don't count rule. Grinded Leo to Level 12. Then I caught a Surskit on Route 2. Forgot to nickname him, but I'll do it as soon as I get the chance. I'll just call him Skit for now. Attempted to grind Skit to Leo's level, but got the urge to keep going. Caught a Nidoqueen in Viridian Forest. It feels like I'm doing a Blue Monocolor Challenge right now. I gotta turn off the Speed button, because I forgot nicknames again. I guess I'll just remove that rule. Moving on. Finished grinding Niddie (what I'm calling her for now) and Skit. Actually, I took down Brock first. Leo did a little solo run here. His Onix had a level on me, but I still got him. I set TM's to random, so Brock gave me the Ingrain TM.
Ultimate_Leaf_Green_Randomized.png

Caught a Hypno on Route 3. That's enough for now.

Team

Leo The Sealeo

Level 16

Ability: Thick Fat

~Powder Snow
~Ice Ball
~Encore
~Water Gun

Skit The Surskit

Level 10

Ability: Swift Swim

~Bubble
~Quick Attack
~
~

Niddie The Nidoqueen

Level 9

Ability: Poison Point

~Scratch
~Tail Whip
~Double Kick
~Poison Sting

Hipi The Hypno

Level 7

Ability: Insomnia

~Pound
~Hypnosis
~Disable
~Confusion

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
Username: xmidassasiinz
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Additional Rules:
Not really a rule but I'm going to randomize the starters aswell

I'll also post my team every now and then with a brief report!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Going for a second go at this but on Black version. Don't want to touch heartgold after the last instance.

IGN: Enestor27
Game: Black
Additional Rules:
Nickname all Pokes
Whiteout=game over

Also, does anybody know an AR code to randomize the starters for Black version. I can't really find one :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Finally got time to play a quick session. So I start off the game with Cheren and Bianca in my room telling me to choose which Pokemon I wanted.
The choices:
Spoiler:

I went with Gastrodon and named her Gary. Unfortunately Route 1 had a Kingler that refused to be caught in 5 Pokeballs, so no Pokemon for that route. As I moved on to Route 2 I was encountered by a Tranquill. Named her Pleasant. Unfortunately Pleasant wasn't able to live to be a part of the Gym Leader battle because she died. So Gary solo'd the first gym in honor of Pleasant. Unfortunately as I went to the Dreamyard, Gary didn't know how to cut so I had to take that cursed Pansage just to get it done. I finished off Team Plasma at the Dream Yard and now I'm about to go on.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
Username:Yuki3056
AKA the guy who's gonna take this to the next level for ya
Game:Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, 5th gen TBD
That's right I am gonna do an ultimate challenge of this... AND I will be recording it for YouTube!

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Username: Liang2
Game: SoulSilver
Additional Rules:
Nicknames
Blackout = Game Over
No legendaries (if encountered in wild I will get another chance)
No duplicates (if encountered in wild I will get another chance

I didn't count the Pokemon I encountered before I got Pokeballs.

Started a new game.
Made a male character named Liang.
Went to Professor Elm's lab.
My starter choices were Yanma, Quilava, and Shuppet.
I was tempted to choose Quilava to kinda cheese the game, but I chose Shuppet and nicknamed it Puppet (so creative, right?)
Obtained 5 Potions from Researcher.
Made it to Cherrygrove City, got Running Shoes from Guide Gent.
Got Apricorn Box.
Went to Mr. Pokemon's house, got Mystery Egg.
Headed back to Cherrygrove City.
Rival battle was stupidly easy 'cause Puppet's Ghost-typeness makes Rival's Totodile's Scratch have no effect.
Puppet grew to Lvl. 6.
Went back to New Bark Town.
Entered Prof. Elm's Lab.
Named my rival Mek (after one of my friends)
Did the whole catching Pokemon tutorial.
Obtained 5 Pokeballs.
First Pokemon on Route 29 was Voltorb, which I caught. Nicknamed it Pokeball.
First Pokemon on Route 30 was Groudon which, unfortunately, I was not allowed to catch.
Found an Infernape, which lowered my Puppet to literally 1 HP, then I caught it. Nicknamed it MonkeyBurn.

Team so far:
Pokeball the Voltorb, Lvl 7, Static, 24 HP, 9 Att, 13 Def, 14 SpA, 13 SpD, 19 Spd
Moves: Charge, Tackle

Puppet the Shuppet, Lvl 7, Frisk, 23 HP, 15 Att, 10 Def, 15 SpA, 9 SpD, 13 Spd
Moves: Knock Off, Screech

MonkeyBurn the Infernape, Lvl 7, Blaze, 27 HP, 20 Att, 16 Def, 20 SpA, 15 SpD, 21 Spd
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Alright today I had a lot of time to play so here it goes:

As I left the Dream Yard I was met by Cheren. Unfortunately he destroyed the Pansage I was trying to train. So now I have Gary and by the sweet grace of luck my first encounter at Route 3 was a female Darumaka, named her slot. Now that I now had two Pokemon, I marched my way to Nacrene City and defeated Lenora. Now as I was chasing Team Plasma through Pinwheel Forest, I was encountered by an Emboar. Unfortunately I had slot up front so I was scared of a fighting type move, so I switched to Gary. What made this battle even worse is that a mud-slap killed it with a crit. So no new pokemon for me :( So I had to deal with the fact I couldn't get any new Pokemon until after Castelia City, which wasn't a big deal because slot being a fire type beast. So Burgh was taken out without losing Gary or slot. Now the battle with Bianca was a bit dicy but I was able to get out alive because of some hacks ^_^ The battle against Cheren afterwards wasn't nearly as close but still something to consider. Now in Route 4 I'm encountered by a Quilava (score!) unfortunately at 1 HP the thing didn't want to be caught by my ultra ball and died because of the Sandstorm. Now desperate I run to the Desert Resort in hopes of finding a Pokemon. What I ended up catching a Gorbyss :| Named that thing pinky because I wasn't too thrilled about it. So now being even more afraid I head to the Relic Castle to hopefully find a better Pokemon. My prayers were answered with a Reshiram. Yep. That thing took almost every single ball I had to catch. But I caught it. Named it Richie. As I was approaching the gym N decides to take me on his ferris wheel and then battle me afterwards, sort of ironic how he wanted Zekrom and I already had Reshiram. So now for Elesa, the gym-leader. She honestly had no chance. Richie destroyed her Emolgas and Gary completely walled her Zebstrika. Now that I have four badges I am on Driftveil Bridge and that's where I left off. Hopefully I can find a website that is annoying to hold my screenshots so I can have proof of what I'm doing. But until then I'm signing off :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Alright got a lot of time to play yesterday cuz I was on a 9 hour airplane ride. Well here's a log of what happened:
-Decided to put Richie into the pc because of the op-ness of having a legendary.
-Went to the cold storage and ko'd a machop with a crit on the opening water pulse i used with pinky
-Defeated Clay very easily with Gary by my side
-So on route 6 I was met by a keldeo. Afraid that it would ohko pinky, I went for a confusion and critted on the first shot
-So on to Mistralton City, Skyla tells us to go to the Celestial Tower, where we find a Kabutops. Fortunately we catch it. Named him Alpha Male because he's the only male on the team, and the entire journey.
-As we ventured further up the Tower and battled more trainers, slot evolved into Darmanitan.
-Went into the gym and was able to beat Skyla with no casualties thankfully
-Now I stopped right in front of Twist Mountain.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back