• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man this week sucked

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
How often do you criticize your day/week/etc? Do you look at your days or weeks compared to other days/weeks or do you just go with the flow understanding what each day has it's ups and down. This can go further as well, from hours up to decades. Just any form of comparing past time with present time or rating it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Not all that much with weeks, but when it comes to bad days versus good days, the contrast is always extremely bold. If I have a 'bad day' it usually consists of getting injured on more than one account (during the same day) or something happening between myself and another individual or object (i.e. an argument or the displacement of something) Good days are normally focused around something positive happening to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My days are pretty much the same. Some days will start out really bad and turn out okay and the opposite holds true just as often. It's rare that I have a day where absolutely everything goes wrong to the point where I curse its existence for days/weeks/years to come.

My weeks have generally been pretty bad or "meh" lately though. :/ Lack of sleep plus being too busy playing catch up from when I was sick for three weeks has taken a toll and my lack of free time has started to get to me. Nothing from the last while stands out as "good" and the day that does started out horribly. But on the whole, every day sort of feels like every other day so I just don't even compare them. Nothing to really compare them to, after all.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Im pretty miserable at home during the week because i only think about how much i hate school and at school im miserable because i hate school. The only time i get a break is the later half of the day on friday and then saturday. And thats high school for me. Hm i think i misread the thread. I look at it as a bad day but pretty much every day is bad so i dont really look back on my day at all.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I've had a nice rebound lately, and that's why I haven't been on as much. It feels great to finally be able to get stuff done after all the misery I put myself into.

Have I been pessimistic about my life before? Yes. I'm working on changing that. It needs to happen if I want to survive. Unfortunately, I really can't change my undying pessimism about society... but that's for another topic. xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Most days/weeks are reletively the same for me but once in a while I will have a bad week because some bad things happen I don't like, it's very rare though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't compare consciously, but I can tell when a day went particularly badly or particularly well. I'll notice the difference from a normal day, but I don't consciously think to do it. It's the same with weeks - on Thursday or Friday I don't think "how was my week?", but every once in a while I notice that I had 4 or 5 bad days and note it as a bad week, or the opposite.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I always criticize the week I've been through. Whether awesome, crappy, sucky, or just plain uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. I look back at the week and rethink of all that happened, and look forward to the next week. There would be one week where at the end I'll be burned out from schoolwork and social, and one week where I'm all happy and find everything under control.

Years
I only do it on a day-to-day basis. Everything else flies by too fast for me to even notice if it overall was good or bad. On my bad days, I always know tomorrow will be better, so I just wish the day would end already so I could move on. A new day is a fresh slate.

Mondays and Saturdays always suck at work though. No exception. :p

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I rarely have bad days and that's usually only when my time of the month with my bipolar meds comes and I'm just miserable for no reason. But I try to focus on only the positive things in my life so I very rarely look back on things in a negative light.

Years
Oh man this reminded me of one crappy week I had a while back.

Monday: Left the headlights on so drained my car battery and had to call breakdown cover.
Tuesday: Can't remember, think it was relatively OK though.
Wednesday: Made an IT blunder but thankfully it was on a test system.
Thursday: Can't remember but I'm pretty sure something happened to put a damper on my mood.
Friday: Did a hill start but had my gear in reverse so nearly hit the car behind me >__>

Anyway, all things considered these were minor things but they all end up piling up and I was like this is the crappy week for me then. But I rarely have them so it's all good.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't really like comparing things, you know? But when I do, like Minzy said, the contrast is really bold. I rarely have bad days, tho. I have great days most of the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I always criticize my week. A lot of the time I end of saying its been a good week, but there are weeks, like this one, where I just realize how horrible it was.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
lately i've been moody and less talktive..my friend stopped calling so i thought she doesn't want to talk to me so i decided i won't call her,two weeks passed and no call so i felt bad and annoyed of her because she never do that..tbh i should've tried to call her but i was stubborn and didn't call only to know that two days ago she was at hospital she couldn't talk or move her body and she has been like this for a week..her mom was angry at me and she was heart broken and even i was disappointed at myself...i didn't want that to happen! i wanted to go and stand by her side but i didn't know what was going on with her...i wish if i knew...lots of things happened lately so yeah,this week sucks

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Just tonight I overheard my mother on the phone telling my uncle, "it's been such a crap year" and I thought "...it has?"

It seems pretty much just like any other year to me. I don't see how it's any different on a 1-10 scale than last year or the year before, but she has a rather pessimistic outlook on things in general anyway.

As for me, I only do this on a day-to-day basis. There is a lot of sameness in my life, so generally when I break out of that I class it as a 'good day', but something really terrible would have to happen for me to make the classification of a 'bad day'. Most of it is just the grey in between.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I have a bad day everyday which always gets worse I try to think happy thought but just can't.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I criticize every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year. Why? Because I can that's why.

Back