• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Too many dragons

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To be honest, I find dragon types to be really boring, so I would have preferred different types of pokemon as the cover pokemon. I don't think it was a bad idea to have dragons on the cover, since many people love dragons, I'm just not a huge fan. And if they were to be pther types, Zekrom would either be dark/electric or fighting/electric, whereas reshiram would be either psychic/fire or flying/fire. I personally would want the first option of each, but then zekrom would have a type advantage which can't happen since they should be equal (yin = to yang) so it'd make sense for reshiram to be flying/fire and zekrom to be fighting/electric. That way they'd each be strong against each other, so they'd be equal. (even though I like the first typings more)

! Thinking about it, I'd rather have had that. Dark/Electric would've been pretty awesome but Reshiram could'dve also been something else rather than those two, there could've actually been the Light type for that purpose, really... actually, that does give me an idea of a thread that could be made. But yeah Flying/Fighting works too, but just a little less. Dragons seems so much more boring in comparison lmao.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I think Dragons should be as they really emblem power. THere is only one fully evolved weak Dragon I can think of (Altaria) and they have a God Like feeling to them.

Years
Reshiram-Fire/Psychic
Zekrom-Electric/Dark
Kyurem-Ice/...hmm...

I like the dragon type and I think it should be a powerful type. We've gotten a lot of dragons recently and that's awesome.

Number Infinity

Equal to Zero
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
I'd probably just keep them the way they are.. but I don't use legends so I don't care regardless.
But taking legends out of question.. there still are too many dragons XD.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Dragons are majestic, when I think of dragon I think of a strong flying Pokemon speeding around the Pokemon world and leading by example. Then for some reason, I think of fire type Pokemon as the second strongest, I' not sure why it's just my opinion (and lack of sleep). Charizrd and Ho-Oh are fire types- they are viewed as incredibly strong Pokemon.The number of dragon legendaries are increasing; I think that it would be col to have another dark legendary. The only prominent dark legendary I can think of is Giratina and Darkrai. Or maybe they could introduce a steel legendary because there seems to be a lack of those too.

I didn't see anything wrong with there being dragon mascots again. Like I said, a dragon seems more powerful and seems to shine up above the other Pokemon. Reshiram and Zekrom seems stronger than the past legendaries (Dialga Palkia) because of their looks and typing. If I could type them as not part of dragon, I'd type Zekrom as an electric water. That would make it an enigma to battle, especially if it could absorb both water and electricity. That would make Zekrom a powerful wall with strong attacks, and that would be an incredible tank n battling. For Reshiram, I would make it a water fire type. Those types would also make it seem like an enigma. It would make rock Pokemon stuggle to attack and ground pokemon would have trouble as well. It would be an incredible attacker with moves like hydro pump, blue flare, solar beam and hyper beam. It would be an incredible Pokemon to take out, and it could possibly even sweep team with its unique moveset variety. If I could change Kyurem, I'd change it from a Dragon type to a fighting type. Often kyurem loses to fighting Pokemon, so if I changed it to a fighting type instead of dragon I could equip kyurem with some fighting moves to take these annoying fighting type Pokemon, like machamp, out. It stinks in competitive battling because dragon type and fighting types have their way with kyurem in the battling scene because he is so darn slow.

I aslo believe that it was a good idea to have dragon mascots because it allows the Pokemn to have powerful attack and gives them the ability of ly. I believe that the main Pokemon in the net game will be dragon, unless their is a new typing. I think that we will start to see more dragon Pokemon and more dragon oriented trainers in the game. Their was a dragon gym in White/Black and White/Black 2

Back