• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Is everyone excited for the new Deoxys event, coming on May 8th to coincide with the release of the TCG set, Plasma Freeze!?

Hello everyone, my name is Conor. I've been dipping in and out of certain sections but this is my first time visiting here, particularly because I thought the Pokemon I had was pretty weak and not worth trading. :/

So Noob question inbound, seeing as this will be my first Pokemon event, how will one obtain Deoxys?

Thanks, nice to be a part of this sub community :)

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
It's okay. Also, I'm on my phone right now, so I won't be able to walk you through Mystery Gift right now. I'll PM you about it later if no one else helps out *hint hint*.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It will be distributed over Wi-Fi. Also, you quoted Necrum and slapped my name on it? :P
OMG! I am so offended!

lol, jk. Welcome! I can help you out if you have any questions about Mystery Gift. I've been getting them since HG, so I know how they work pretty well. Most people in TC do though.

Assuming you know how to configure your DS to connect to Wifi, the process of receiving an event is pretty simple. All you have to do is boot up any 5th gen game (Black, White, Black 2, or White 2), and select the option "Mystery Gift" at the main menu. From there, select "Receive Gift", and say yes to the question about opening the communication channel. From there, you pick an option based on the event. In this case, it will be distributed over Wifi, so you will be picking "Get via Nintendo WFC." Say yes to connect, and your DS should do the rest. It will let you know if any events are available and ask you if you want to download them.

I hope this helps!
If you're a trader and you aren't excited, then something is wrong with you, seek the help of a staff member :P In any case, if it's going to be on BW also, I'm going to RNG one. Which natures and IVs would be best? And Necrum, I still want to trade my events for yours >.< Take your time settling down though (not toooooo loooooong though mmk? I wanna see that new shop.
You forgot a closed parentheses! How can you call yourself a Grammar Nazi!?

tabor62

Years
Will do, EV! Expect a new shop from me within the week. My offereings probably won't be much different, I just felt like getting a fresh start since I've been so inactive with my old shop the last few months. I will have several Meloetta that i hadn't added to my shop though, so that's cool.

Is everyone excited for the new Deoxys event, coming on May 8th to coincide with the release of the TCG set, Plasma Freeze!?

offerings*
You happy now? :P

WooliestSteam

Years
Thanks NecrumWarrior (see I managed to get it right this time) :P

Sounds easy enough, So May 8th if all goes as planned I should be bagging myself a nice Deoxys! Awesome.

Also I had one more question lol, I had a look in a few trade 'shops' and in some of them I notice things about 'hacked' Pokemon in trades. So what exactly is a hacked Pokemon? And how can I watch out for these?

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Hacked Pokemon are Pokemon made or modified in certain software. Usually, people hack illegal shininess, PokeRus or IVs (stats). There are very few signs of pokemon being illegal when viewing its summary and experienced hackers can avoid them well, but www.pokecheck.org is a great place to check legality.

If you trade by GTS, you want to check those Pokemon. GTS is full of hacks, unfortunately.

WooliestSteam

Years
Ah right, I can see why people some people don't want them now!

I think I'll stick to trading on here for the time being, hopefully you guys don't sent me a hacked one! D:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
For the most part, any established trade shop is gonna be safe. They usually know what to look for, or have someone check for them, so trading here is pretty nice. Most new shops won't offer hacks either, and if it does, it's usually caught pretty quickly, if not during the approval process.

tabor62

Years
However, if you do receive any hacked Pokemon and the person did it intentionally and does not want to trade back, always always always let me or another trade moderator know.

tabor62

Years
Some additional information and the link to our IRC chat can be found here. You can also ask for live help here, though at certain times the room will be quiet cuz a lot of us will be asleep haha.

Years
Just to check my understanding, as well, it seems that Hacking is a no no (and for me personally, a big one), and the number one way to check it is via Pokecheck, though that is by no means a guarantee. In the same way that a very well done counterfeit can pass as legal tender, and using it isn't inherently doing something wrong (it's legal tender for all intents and purposes) and the only person actually guilty of wrongdoing is the person creating it, if a hacked pokemon escapes your notice but ends up being traded to someone else who catches it, as long as you seek to rectify the situation you're probably fine. On the other hand, creating such monstrosities and trading them or failing to rectify the situation when a hacked pokemon is discovered will get you in trouble.

Conversely, cloning pokemon is not just acceptable to some members of the community, it's understood as a normal practice for those who want to collect event and legendary pokemon, though you should make sure the person you're trading with is aware the pokemon in question is cloned and is ok with that before proceeding with the trade. When dealing in cloned pokemon setting rules regarding redistribution (redis) is doubly important, as (eventually) having dozens or more copies of a pokemon floating around with someone's OT can get them in trouble. Go figure, the same resource, pokecheck, appears to be the easiest way to clone a pokemon as well.

Does all that sound about right?

tabor62

Years
Yes that is correct. However the easiest way to clone a Pokemon is actually through an Action Replay, though some people are extra stingy and will only take GTS glitch clones, which means they won't take cloned events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back