• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Bibarel : Make Fire Red Titlescreen Animated

Years
Bibarel : Make Fire Red Titlescreen Animated
Zapdos source code was gone because of hard disk issue so I decided to build this program

Features
  • Insert your animation frames
  • Replace Charizard with your animation
  • Import Palette
  • Optional : Insert tileset file

Special Thanks
  • Darthatron for ASM code
  • Hackmew for Finding Free Space algorithm
  • Creator of NSE 2.0 for LZ77 Compression algorithm

How does it work
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7748306#post7748306

How to use
  • Open FireRed Rom (Only work on v1.0)
  • Import animation frames
  • Save your rom
  • *Optional : Import the palette(if the color of the frames doesn't exist in the palette, it will become transparent)

Any bug report would be appreciated

Download in the attachment below

Screenshot :
Ov7NvNl.png

Attachments

• Bibarel.zip
    78.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Years
This looks interesting. Can you show us an example?

Here are some example sets of frames
Dialga : https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsvgb1ipwflf3tk/Dialga.zip?dl=0
Giratina : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdbdvlliv574blf/Giratina.zip?dl=0
Suicune : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4emmjzjai49mupd/Suicune.zip?dl=0

Easiest way to get these sets of frames is to download gif of the pokemon from the Black 2 and White 2 version (Gen I - Gen V :( ) then extract it with the same size that can be divided by 8 using ImageMagick using the following command :

magick convert YourPokemonSprite.gif -coalesce f%d.png
magick convert f%d.png[0-LastFrameNumber] -extent WIDTHxHEIGHT PlaceToStoreTheFrames/f%d.png (WIDTH and HEIGHT must be divisible by 8 and larger than the original size of the image)

Last edited:
Years
This looks interesting. Can you show us an example?

• Open FireRed Rom
  • Import animation frames
  • Save your rom
  • *Optional : Import the palette(if the color of the frames doesn't exist in the palette, it will become transparent)
aXcrdsx.png

g4xE0w4.png

Edit the titlescreen tilemap using NTME as usual (Make sure that all frames use the same tilemap)

Any bug report would be appreciated

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Wow this is fantastic, thanks for this. I will try it out within the next few days and report any bugs I may encounter

Delta231

A noob
Years
Years
Nah, I mean if we could provide our own free space for the routine.

Thanks for the suggestion. Zapdos source code was gone because of hard disk issue so I add your suggestion into my new program. Simply uncheck "Auto FSF" to manually provide the offset for the program. As always, please report any bugs you encounter.

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
Years
Thanks for the suggestion. Zapdos source code was gone because of hard disk issue so I add your suggestion into my new program. Simply uncheck "Auto FSF" to manually provide the offset for the program. As always, please report any bugs you encounter.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 22, 2021
I've found a bug with Bibarel, once importing your animation into the ROM with bibarel, if you spam A/B to get to the main menu as fast as possible, the spite's .RAW hasn't yet been loaded and for a second or two you can see a jumbled tilemap before it loads the .RAW.
This is most noticeable when the sprite first displays on screen with a flash, just before it begins to fade in from black and white to colour.
I should mention this doesn't happen 100% of the time, sometimes the .RAW will be loaded on time with no issues, other times as above.
I tested this on a clean copy of FR just to be sure it wasn't my ROM and it happened on both.

Aside from the bug I mentioned, this program functions as intended and is very user-friendly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
@billiballo

Are you sure you gave your sprite the right palette in the tilemap? Since it looks like you didn't.

Back