• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version are you getting

Are you getting Pokemon X or Y

• Pokemon Y

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Pokemon X

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Both

Votes: 24 22.2%

• Total voters

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I'm planning on following through with my preorder and getting X this Saturday. I want both eventually, but I was immediately drawn to Xerneas more than Yveltal, and I'm more drawn to the life theme than I am to destruction - despite my username, lol. There are certain version exclusives I want in Y (Skrelp!), but that's what trading is for.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I was rooting all the way for Pokemon Y since we got to see Yveltal!! Now that Charizard X and Mewtwo X have been revealed i´m leaning more towards that version...but since i ordered both, who cares! :D

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
Years
I'm getting both, but I'm planning to main Y since I prefer the exclusives just slightly, especially the Skrelp line. I'll mostly mess around with X at work.

blue

gucci
Years
Pokémon X, I've decided that from the very beginning and I'm sticking with that decision ofc!

I'll eventually get Pokémon Y too since these appear to be the best Pokémon games for years! ;D

Pickle-Spaghetti

Spread the bean buns
Years
Pokemon Y. Ylveltal looks absolutely AMAZING. But Mega Charizard X looks incredible too. Yeah I was thinking of changing my mind, but no I'll just get Y.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
I'm getting Pokemon X but I will get Y a few weeks later, whats the Mega Exclusives for Y?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Im getting X. I'm Choosing Squirtle and Chespin. Then I'm getting the free Torchic at gamestop.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Although Charizard and Mewtwo X are both incredibly cool, I don't mind losing them for more Special-oriented Mega Evolutions and what is essentially the Grim Reaper in Pokemon form. So Y it is!

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I'm actually surprised, thought x was more popular (but woo X all the way!) Purely for mewtwo

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Seems even EB Games don't deliver on weekend and holiday... Guess I will need to check in a store if I want it before the 15.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm going to get both games, as I enjoy being able to play through two save files. I also like trading with myself, though I only have one 3DS, so I won't be able to move Pokémon back and forth between my files until the Pokémon Bank comes out in December (or until I find another 3DS to use). At this point, I'm leaning towards making X my main game (mainly because I like the letter X better than Y, like the blue coloring on the logo better than red, and really don't have a strong feeling about the version exclusives/don't know that many of them). I'll probably start X this weekend and then start Y sometime after that.

Years
Since the announcement I planned on getting Y, in part due to liking Yveltal more than Xerneas. I haven't been following much X/Y news since, so only time will tell if I decided to pick up X, too.

Back