• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your preferred web browser?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 103 50.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
Years
I would have to say Google Chrome. I have used Internet Explorer and it was godawful slow. I have used Mozilla Firefox before and I quite liked it, and it was fast. But Google Chrome is rather easier to use, and has some bonus' like the "New Tab" screen with your apps, the Google App store, the bookmarks, and the themes. Firefox still haas things similar, but not as easy and smooth. (I'm sorta picky haha)

Years
Did you know the google chrome user agreement says they have the right to invade your privacy and access every site you visit, log into, post on, search on, download from and ip trace everything you do? think I'll keep kickin' it with Firefox
I know. Don't really care at this stage. If you do, there's always Chromium or SRWare Iron the like. Same browser, different rules.
the windows version of safari says it cant legally be installed on windows <- Was in 2008 :/

This was an obvious mistake that was corrected within weeks almost a year
TIFIFY. :cer_laugh: Was still quite funny at the time. Safari for Windows is pretty useless. Very few addons and the Webkit engine is available on Chrome (and the like). Unless you're really into the Apple-style font smoothing.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Firefox. I've always like Firefox best because of the "Inspect Element" tool. It comes in handy when I want to know if an image is a CSS image or just a plain image. And Firefox is faster and safer than IE. As for Chrome I don't like it because it never saved my tabs. Opera also falls in this category. And Netscape is evil. Worst thing I've ever used. So, yeah Firefox all the way.

MaddogSix

Comp. Programmer/Online Gamer
Years
Google Chrome is my fav! I used to use Firefox after my dad showed it to me a few years ago, but last year I started using Chrome because it's so much faster and safer, and easier to use

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
OK, after some time spent with Opera 12 beta, I think I'm seriously considering switching browsers for now. It works so well when you think about it :) it also makes me feel at home when you consider the way fonts are rendered and other graphical stuff. Who knows, maybe my preferred browser will change pretty soon.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
Firefox is the best. It has the most number of themes, add-ons and plugins.
What more can you ask for.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Firefox. I've always like Firefox best because of the "Inspect Element" tool. It comes in handy when I want to know if an image is a CSS image or just a plain image. And Firefox is faster and safer than IE. As for Chrome I don't like it because it never saved my tabs. Opera also falls in this category. And Netscape is evil. Worst thing I've ever used. So, yeah Firefox all the way.

Well actually for tabs... That's a configuration thing in Opera... :V

Settings > Preferences > General and set "Startup" as "Continue From Last Time".

And the Inspect Element tool is in Chrome and Opera as well. It's pretty spiffy.

Something about not being safe for download due to possible virus content...? (Norton :U)

Norton stops you from downloading software from a legitimate site? *sigh*
I wonder what other software it won't let you get?

OK, after some time spent with Opera 12 beta, I think I'm seriously considering switching browsers for now. It works so well when you think about it :) it also makes me feel at home when you consider the way fonts are rendered and other graphical stuff. Who knows, maybe my preferred browser will change pretty soon.

Since Opera has an unholy amount of settings, is there anything that bugs you? I can point you to the places to change them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Chrome! I don't know how long I've been using it, idk I'm guessing around 2 years? But it's definitely better than Firefox, which lags, though I'm fine with Safari on my iPhone. HOWEVER, I really love inspect element on Chrome. Except Chrome lags, but not to the extent that Firefox does. XD;

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I use Firefox for the customizability (I have a ridiculous amount of add-ons and plug-ins and I'd find it really hard to survive without most of them XD), with Chrome as a back-up in case there are any problems.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Chrome for the start-up speed and simplicity. I have Firefox, IE9 & IE10 installed on this netbook as well and I utilise IE10 when I'm using the metro interface, or just have to look up something or do a swift search.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
Mozilla FireFox runs most smoothly on my modem, with nice transition speed and a taste of success. I have to admit it is my favorite; but for more paper-work related stuff, I use Chrome.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I use Firefox on all my computers. I've tried multiple times to switch to Chrome because I'm not too terribly happy with the performance/stability/speed of Firefox but I honestly just can't. :( There's one extension in Firefox that I absolutely adore and cannot live without: Tab Mix Plus. There are so many little features in it that I haven't been able to replicate exactly in Chrome. The most important of these is probably changing the style of (especially unread) tabs. There was no equal for this last time I tried to switch so I just couldn't do it. I was back on Firefox within a few days. I used to use a LOT of extensions which was the main reason I never switched but now I've realized it's really just that one that I need.

I do use Opera and Chrome on their own fairly often but I definitely prefer Firefox overall. I absolutely hate Safari though and I won't use it even on my mac. :P (And windows is right out because iirc they still do the weird font-smoothing thing? I hate Apple font-smoothing even natively on my mac. Don't want it on Windows. <_<)

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Firefox! :D I've never really had any problems with it!

When I was younger, we had IE and even Netscape at some point... Ugh, those days... So many errors. After my aunt introduced me to Firefox I have never changed.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
If only. Version 12 is out, with 13 in beta already. I believe 4 gets security update, IIRC, but it doesn't stop it being a bloated mess compared to the newer versions.

Been trying out the Opera Beta. It's nice enough, but I just can't see any compelling reason to use it over Chrome or Firefox.
It's got one nice feature for me, and that's selective loading of images. For some reason, I always have internet problems of some sort. When that happens, I have to resort to dial-up. This feature's a lifesaver when you're on dial-up.

Sir Codin

It always runs fastest for me. But I do use Firefox from time to time.

Years
Google Chrome.

It always runs fastest for me. But I do use Firefox from time to time.

This is basically the same for me. I don't tend to use a bunch of toolbars and add-ons, so I just prefer the speed of Chrome to other browsers. The only time I really use Firefox is if I'm on a website that has better compability with it.

Years
I use Chrome for its fast loading time. I originally used Internet Explorer but it was too slow for me. Then I downloaded Chrome and installed it. Since then, I have been using Chrome.

Back