• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023

Pokémon Emerald Genesis

ZvcpK1T.png

Introduction

Pokémon Emerald Genesis is my personal remodeling of Pokémon Emerald focused on upgrades to the Graphics, Engine itself and more generally, to present my take on modernizing the game. After following the community on and off over the last 10 years, it was exciting to finally entrench myself within the community while learning some new skills. With that said, if there's anyone that's been considering getting into hacking, I would highly recommend doing so, as it's an incredibly rewarding process to build a project from the ground up. I hope everyone enjoys the hack!

Features

• Re-Tiled Hoenn to give it a much needed facelift.
  • 37 New Pokémon from Generations 4-7.
  • 1 New Regional Variant.
  • 30 New Moves from Generations 4-6.
  • 5 Custom Moves.
  • 15 New Abilities from Generations 4-7.
  • Fully Functional Day/Night System.
  • A Dex Nav feature.
  • All Poke balls from Gen 4-7 (Including Kurt's Apricot Poke balls).
  • Game has been completely De-capitalized.
  • Fairy Type and the new type chart.
  • The Physical/Special/Status Split.
  • Running shoes indoors.
  • Generation 5 Repel System.
  • Reusable TMs.
  • Plenty of Palette swaps/updates.
  • An Item that Checks EVs/IVs.
  • An IV Perfecter and Ability Switcher.
  • Wonder Trading.
  • Increased Difficulty Curve.
  • A few slight alterations to the story involving a new character.
  • Buffs to several Pokemon and Moves that previously had low viability.
  • Updated Battle Frontier Sets.
  • All 386 Pokemon available throughout the story.
  • Several custom songs.
  • Several New Legendary Events.

Screenshots

qu1Gn3R.png

Credits

Spoiler:

Bugs

Spoiler:

Download

Last edited:

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
It seems interesting, just a few questions
1) is it finished?
2) do the pokemon have their updated abilities? like blaziken with speed boost

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
It seems interesting, just a few questions
1) is it finished?
2) do the pokemon have their updated abilities? like blaziken with speed boost
Couple of answers for ya
1) The game is complete aside from events for 2 legendaries that will be included in a future release along with some gen 4-6 abilities and some other small changes.
2) So only abilities from up until gen 3 are in this version of the game. However some Pokemon were given a second ability if it made sense. For example, all of the starters got second abilities (eg. Torchic line with Speed Boost and Totodile line with Rough Skin).

I hope these answered your questions!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
So the new pokes are replacing other ones?
This may be the only thing that can make me try this hack.
Yeah I felt that having more than 386 Pokemon available in the game was too much for Hoenn. In addition, every other Emerald hack that has expanded the dex removed the the Pokemon's 2nd frame animations. This was something I didn't want to do. The result was that 35 Pokemon from Kanto and Johto had to bite the dust for the new Pokemon. I should also point out that I did leave all the Hoenn Pokemon in the game.

I hope this answers your question and you decide to give the hack a go!

Years
I recognized the black HP box pallet from far away. Thanks for credits. :love:
I really loved your dark colored summary screen and grass, trees tiles. If you don't mind I'm planning to use it as a base for my hack in a far future. Can I use it?
Nice choice for new pokémons. They fit nicely with dark theme.
I didn't played it fully, but I loved what I saw until now.

Good luck with project, It's awesome.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I recognized the black HP box pallet from far away. Thanks for credits. :love:
I really loved your dark colored summary screen and grass, trees tiles. If you don't mind I'm planning to use it as a base for my hack in a far future. Can I use it?
Nice choice for new pokémons. They fit nicely with dark theme.
I didn't played it fully, but I loved what I saw until now.

Good luck with project, It's awesome.
Thanks for the kind words! You're free to use the tiles if you'd like, I would rather they not be used on another emerald enhancement hack however as it would probably make the games too similar.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Would you be able to send screenshots of the issue you're having? I haven't heard of anyone having that problem so far.

There's really not much to screenshot, Just a box appears that tells me "The patch is corrupt", doesn't matter if I set NUPS to ignore when patching, it still happens. My thoughts are that the ROM I'm using is about 10 years old, so potentially that's the issue?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
There's really not much to screenshot, Just a box appears that tells me "The patch is corrupt", doesn't matter if I set NUPS to ignore when patching, it still happens. My thoughts are that the ROM I'm using is about 10 years old, so potentially that's the issue?
Yeah that could be it! I recommend patching to the Trashman rom dump of Pokemon Emerald.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm really glad to see this shift from the ROM hacks subreddit to the Pokecommunity forums! I'm truly enjoying what I'm playing so far. Although, I must say that this hack does feel a wee bit similar to Blazing emerald in a way. Especially getting the IV/EV checker in Odale, Shinx on the first route, special music for rare encounters in the grass and starters at level 5. Still very enjoyable in my opinion and I'm loving the presence of Wes. Thank you for this!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I'm really glad to see this shift from the ROM hacks subreddit to the Pokecommunity forums! I'm truly enjoying what I'm playing so far. Although, I must say that this hack does feel a wee bit similar to Blazing emerald in a way. Especially getting the IV/EV checker in Odale, Shinx on the first route, special music for rare encounters in the grass and starters at level 5. Still very enjoyable in my opinion and I'm loving the presence of Wes. Thank you for this!
Thanks for the feedback mate!
I admit there are a lot of similarities to Blazing Emerald, but that is because StruedelMuffin and I have worked pretty closely together when it comes to our hacks and have shared a lot of our resources. In my opinion there are still plenty of key features in both that makes it worth giving each of them a go. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I just started playing this and so far I'm really enjoying it. My only gripe is that it looks like TM compatibility is not up-to-date.

I want to use an Exploud in my team because Boomburst was added, but it looks like he can't use Surf... I might just illegally give it to him myself.

In any case, this hack is much appreciated.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I just started playing this and so far I'm really enjoying it. My only gripe is that it looks like TM compatibility is not up-to-date.

I want to use an Exploud in my team because Boomburst was added, but it looks like he can't use Surf... I might just illegally give it to him myself.

In any case, this hack is much appreciated.
Thanks for the kind words man!
I'll just be editing TM compatibility on a case by case basis when certain instances are presented to me, so exploud will be updated in the next version!

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
It would be cool if you gave more pokemon some minor buffs such as Pelipper and Grumpig etc. I always think thats a fun addition as it increases the amount of viable pokemon. Especially Sceptile as it's relatively bad compared to Blaziken and Swampert who are some of the strongest starters in the whole series.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
It would be cool if you gave more pokemon some minor buffs such as Pelipper and Grumpig etc. I always think thats a fun addition as it increases the amount of viable pokemon. Especially Sceptile as it's relatively bad compared to Blaziken and Swampert who are some of the strongest starters in the whole series.
I'm actually super open to this idea, usually when buffs for a certain Pokemon get brought up, I will come together with some of the people in my discord and try to come up with some impactful yet balanced buffs. In a nutshell, expect to see more and more Pokemon buffs as I update the game!

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Watching this. If only for the new tiles, Emerald never looked this beautiful.

Just one question, where are the wondertrade place and the IV perfecter located?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2021
just a questio: why doesn't the rival battle have the rival bgm

Back